General YOUR Warriors Team for 2015

I think it will be a good test for the young ones now it's time to make their chance count and prove they are first graders if they perform they will make it harder for Mcfadden the drop them

I'm willing to give TL til the ANZAC game, based on his 2013 form yet whenever he took the field in 2014 he was trying to override the halves and pretty much killed the attack when playing 5/8th. If he's not playing hooker I'm not sure I want him in the team.

This will be Havili's make or break year, so I'm expecting a lot from him too.

I can't see Friend going past this year so a decision needs to be made quickly on the #9 jersey for 2016

No Tomkins opens other opportunities.

Well we will possibly get shredded on the edges / at the back, big challenge for Kata, Hurrell and Allwood to scramble and defend kicks / run blocks for Lolohea.....could be a long afternoon, still it is a good opportunity for those guys to defend the fullbacks receives.

Lolohea is more likely to score an opportunist Try than Tomkins.....Tomkins gives the ball away and he's more of an assist guy than the ESL player that he was.

Not saying this in a negative way but the Warriors edge defence issues would see a very lucky / well played game to win this on Aus Soil.

Reactions: fizurg
Sam Lisone. Will not disappoint. Too much mental ability. Mental strength is what makes you big time.
Albert Vete. Interesting. Exciting. Size? Young? I am very happy to roll the dice on this one. He potentially has something Matagi is missing. Intimidation.
Lolohea. Class on the rise. Watch this man soar. Fullback is a bit much. But class is he. As Yoda would say.
Allwood. He stands up. Away from home. On the edge. In a debut. And respect he will gain. He wants a long career. At our club. Now is his chance to be noticed.

• Haha
Reactions: Hitman82 and Hadyn
You know, supposing Tui absolutely kills it at fullback... To the extent that the consensus is, how can we really replace him? That he needs to be involved in the attack more than being on the wing could ever possibly allow...

It would be really interesting to see if they brought ST back in at 5/8.

Reactions: Defence and Sup42
Getting a glimpse of generation next. T Lolohea. Kata. Lisone. Vete. They say it's a young man's game and this team already proves it

Established stars Hurrell, Johnson, Mannering ,Hoffman and Thompson Warriors debuts.. can smell it, can taste it.. the NRL is BACK!

Jordan G

You know, supposing Tui absolutely kills it at fullback... To the extent that the consensus is, how can we really replace him? That he needs to be involved in the attack more than being on the wing could ever possibly allow...

It would be really interesting to see if they brought ST back in at 5/8.

I think there would be a lot of people sitting on the sidelines watching nervously if things go well this weekend. Rapira, Matagi, Laumape, Fish etc. Not only are they injured, but it's a contract year for all of them. They would want to be on the field proving their worth, if not to us then somebody else.

Reactions: InsideBall
Which is great all round for us - as keeps being mentioned, the more pressure internally for spots, the more desire to perform.

If there has been one thing missing from our side over the few years, it has been the pressure to perform.

Reactions: Hitman82
Rapira in my opinion is only one average season away from being our least desirable prop, which is crazy considering only a couple of years ago he was a first pick Kiwi. I expect one of our newcomers or youngsters will solidify the wing position and effective consign Fish to permanent depth or departure. Both Rapira and Fish break too often and take far too long to return to form.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Who's playing NSW cup this weekend then?

a cast of nobodies and ex U20s featuring peyroux and a lousi brother as per usual

good thing is we can see it first hand, looks like sky is showing a triple header from newcastle, holden cup 2.00pm nsw cup 4.00pm, big game 6.00pm. get the beers in.

Suppose it also means if all squads are there on the same day, cappy can pull some late switches with the teams.

Rapira in my opinion is only one average season away from being our least desirable prop, which is crazy considering only a couple of years ago he was a first pick Kiwi. I expect one of our newcomers or youngsters will solidify the wing position and effective consign Fish to permanent depth or departure. Both Rapira and Fish break too often and take far too long to return to form.

Agree about Rapira but I'm not sure about Fish taking far too long to return to form. When he has played the last two years he has actually performed at a high level. People seem to forget his MOM efforts at fullback in 2013 when his 3 games there were better than any of Lockes games there that season. Last season again on the wing he was very good until he broke down.

I do agree he has to show more durability and if he gets hurt again then perhaps it is time to look elsewhere but to say he wasn't in form when he played is just not true. Neither is comparing Rapira to Fish....Rapira has been crap when he has played whereas Fish has been very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitman82 and Ref
I'll be the negative one and come out and say it. Whilst I confess that there is probably noone else, I think Allwood on the right wing is a recipe for disaster, he has a tendency to ball watch and get caught in too far. Pretty much exactly like every right wing we have had since Sean Hoppe (exaggerating for effect, but sadly not by that much).

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I'll be the negative one and come out and say it. Whilst I confess that there is probably noone else, I think Allwood on the right wing is a recipe for disaster, he has a tendency to ball watch and get caught in too far. Pretty much exactly like every right wing we have had since Sean Hoppe (exaggerating for effect, but sadly not by that much).

Get the knights wingers into your fantasy teams. Hopefully they tried to train some of the terrible habits from that raiders defence out of him.

Lolohea wasn’t exactly a rock at the back in the lower grades either, I think we’ll score some nice tries, but concede even more, just like the last time we played in Newcastle.

Reactions: Sup42
Get the knights wingers into your fantasy teams. Hopefully they tried to train some of the terrible habits from that raiders defence out of him.

Lolohea wasn’t exactly a rock at the back in the lower grades either, I think we’ll score some nice tries, but concede even more, just like the last time we played in Newcastle.
Ugh those early season tries we give up where the goal line defence is rock solid they go through the hands, no overlap, but the winger comes in and its an easy try in the corner. *shudder*

Reactions: eudebrito
So it will be..
  1. lolohea
  2. allwood
  3. kata
  4. hurrell
  5. vatuvei
  6. townsend
  7. johnson
  8. lillyman
  9. leuluai
  10. vete
  11. mannering
  12. hoffman
  13. henry
  14. friend
  15. lisone
  16. matulino
  17. thompson
That is probably the best team the Warriors have apart from Tomkins at FB and Loloheia on the wing, but damn there are a lot of rookies and newbies in there. I hope Vete, Lisone, Kata, Loloheia, Allwood and Thompson can all hit the ground running

All teams get announced at the same time every week this year.
5pm Tuesday, Aus time. About 1 hour 15 to wait for the first team.
I wish the rookies all the best that play this week, but if there is one area that worries me it is Lisone's hot head. I love the aggression he shows, but he showed in the 9's he gets fired up easily and I reckon some veterans around the NRL can't wait to sledge him and get him to lose his shit and milk some penalties. Like Bird did to Ngani last year. We also heard from Mt W that as soon as Lisone had to mark Matulino Lisone fell off the pace and looked average. I hope he has more resilience then this in a real game cause he is going to come up against players with a lot more smarts and skills then he possess if he nails a first grade spot. And he will get put on his arse like never before in the next few months so I hope he can take a knock and get back up.
We saw last year how average Paasi was on the big stage after carving up NSW cup and how he just kind of gave up after being dropped and put on weight. So I have some weariness around rookies.
But in saying this, there is only one way to learn and there is not a lot to really worry about in the Knights pack, they are largely just an average pack of solid first graders so he should be fine.