General Your username and pic?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I'd change my name if I could, don't remember how I even came up with that. My pic comes from one of the many flag designs I made a couple years back for a new New Zealand flag.

Nothing more to see here, the silver cross continues and the black bits stay the same.
I actually like your flag design was the silver cross always off centre or is the image cropped?

I actually like your flag design was the silver cross always off centre or is the image cropped?

I have different coloured crosses, silver, white, red, green and gold.

The cross though reminds me of Scandinavian countries where the cross intersects on the left hand side of their flags which is also where mine does.
New Zealand flag 26.jpg

Officially Off-Topic:
In the Flag Referendum, I voted for the silver fern/southern cross flag with the black corner but if this had been available I'd have seriously considered voting for it as I think the silver fern's a bit over-done.

Offically On-Topic:
IIRC, changing your name is no drama, I think just an email to one of the Rockers (Take that, Mr Columbus - old pop culture reference for youse young fullas) should sort it.

I was actually considering changing mine when I found the graphic that became my avatar. That sealed the deal.

Reactions: Defence
not sure i get the tragic part of Sumps character. Love you to explain it to me one day. Big fan of the ABC warriors and Sternhammer from Strontium Dogs or at least his liberal use of the happy stick. Also think they got the concept of predicting the future of mega cities pretty much spot on, especially in the US.
Lastly Torquemada's catch cry seems pretty on point atm "Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave! "
Haven't been visiting the site much of late... but great to see a few 2000AD fans amongst the Forum. Totally agree Grevus ABC warriors and Strontium Dog were solid gold.
As far as Otto Sump goes initially everything he touches appears to succeed but inevitably turns to shit usually in the funniest of ways.

Reactions: Kestrel84
Trying to be creative using a number in my name. I used to work with teenagers who weren't fitting in to mainstream high school. So I worked at an alternative school. Everyday after lunch we would clean the school then go to a local field for sport or fitness. A lot of the students had big mouths. Some were big boys. Some were fast.

When we would play rugby or anything like it, I would make the field excessively narrow to the point where you were shoulder to shoulder and kick the ball off with one rule........."run it str8".

My picture is unrelated.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Trying to be creative using a number in my name. I used to work with teenagers who weren't fitting in to mainstream high school. So I worked at an alternative school. Everyday after lunch we would clean the school then go to a local field for sport or fitness. A lot of the students had big mouths. Some were big boys. Some were fast.

When we would play rugby or anything like it, I would make the field excessively narrow to the point where you were shoulder to shoulder and kick the ball off with one rule........."run it str8".

My picture is unrelated.
there are times when i wish i could magnify a pic, this is one of them

my username came about from growing up on a farm when I was a kid. I had this dog Boss who was my best mate and it was as if he was human. We just ran everywhere around the place and I was a good runner which led to athletics at school. My favourite cartoon was Wily Coyote and Roadrunner. Probably why I followed Warriors you know I am always hoping for them to get that bloody title otherwise I will stay running forever and yea I need a new pic.

My picture is unrelated.
Epic tat, where'd you find it?

bruce

Contributor
My pic and user name explain themselves.
The reason I use a cricket moniker on a league web site is that I frequently go back and forth between this forum and a cricket forum and wanted to avoid being confused by having two different user names.
How sensible :happy:

bruce

Contributor
My username comes from the days I lived in NE England and used to watch Sunderland with a gang of mates. They had a player called Paul Hardyman who was before one game presented with a sponsors car. This being before big money came into the game and when the Iron Curtain still existed, he was given the finest that communist production engineering served up at that point, a Yugo (think Lada with a few go faster stripes applied). Cue laughter which became a running joke

My avatar is RL hall of famer Gus Risman
What a sensible explanation, especially about Gus Risman.

bruce

Contributor
Man I have really enjoy reading the stories behind some people usernames on here. Thanks everybody for sharing. I can't wait to find out what the story is behind some of our other posters names like bruce. Must be a sex thing ...😉
When I was on an overseas forum years ago, some idiot mod thought I was a guy he hated called Bruce. My nick was something else.

He would never accept my pleas of innocence, the idiot, he kept on referring to me as Bruce with all these conspiracy theories that Bruce was doing to him.

So there is a real Bruce, who I later realised I had met a few times, who just as a coincidence cooked amazing spare ribs. He was also a Mormon and didn't drink so for the life of me I don't know why the mod hated him.

I left the forum years ago and as far as I know it had gone from a substantial membership to the owner and his socks and even that eventually stopped. The crazy mod had long departed before that.

Also, one of my comedy heroes was the late John Clark. Way back last century around 1969 he did a skit at the Victoria University about this rough bunch of dudes crashing their car on the Wainuiomata Hill and needing to borrow another one. John Clark played a guy called Bruce Bayliss, who phoned a lady the mother of Trevor. He introduced himself as Trevor's friend Bruce.

So I changed my name by deed poll to Bruce Bayliss, address Footrot Flats.