General Your username and pic?

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
not sure i get the tragic part of Sumps character. Love you to explain it to me one day. Big fan of the ABC warriors and Sternhammer from Strontium Dogs or at least his liberal use of the happy stick. Also think they got the concept of predicting the future of mega cities pretty much spot on, especially in the US.
Lastly Torquemada's catch cry seems pretty on point atm "Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave! "

Just finished reading through all the ABC Warriors stuff recently. Been a big fan of Judge Dress and Slaine since the 90s and try to stay in touch with it when I can.

Highly recommend Requiem Chevalier Vampire for some brutal satire on recent historical figures.

Just finished reading through all the ABC Warriors stuff recently. Been a big fan of Judge Dress and Slaine since the 90s and try to stay in touch with it when I can.

Had to google that

5BD1BEED-2FB4-4C5B-89F7-D2F63CD70F84.jpeg

It does look interesting.....

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
My nickname is pretty boring too. When I was a kid we lived in a spot overlooking an orchard and strawberry field, so often saw various birds of prey searching for field mice and rats, etc. My uncle was a relatively well known bird/wildlife photographer, so I always had a special appreciation for birds in general and thought Kestrels looked cool, haha. Teenage years I needed to find an online handle, so went with the bird I thought was the coolest and chucked my birth year on there.

Profile pic is of the player the captured my imagination and cemented my love of league when I was a kid - Phil Blake. I had his poster from Rugby League Week on my wall and all that. He was my Shaun Johnson, haha.

I was intrigued by Marshawn Lynch when he played for the seahawks and they made the Super Bowl in 2014. About the same time i signed up to this forum

his nickname was

Beastmode

That's awesome. As transplanted Oakland native, Marshawn Lynch would have to be my favourite athlete of all time. Man, I can't even begin to describe the amount of hours I must of have spent throwing skittles at TV just watching the dude play ...

😃

Reactions: Beastmode

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Mine is a bit boring reading your lots’ contributions.
It’s an extension on my name - Vance.

I was a (crap) bass player in a local band the 90’s and the lead singer wanted to know my full name.

I said “Vance”. He said “nah - must be longer than that, if Vince is short for Vincent....” and it stuck, possibly the first nickname to be longer than the actual name - bloody Aussies.

The logo has become obvious now. I initially liked the switch to black in 2000 - but the more time went on the more I missed the OGs. Having campaigned for their return for some time I’m pretty chuffed we have our identity back.

Last edited:

Bushman

Contributor
Guess I chose Bushman, cause I was working in back country, had long wiry hair and a beard jesus would of been proud of and walked in the pub on the west coast and was just named bushman for the time I was there, and man cause surprise I'm a man.
The kea was just a cool image I found online, sorta has the warriors colours, but not even a photo I took heaven knows I have taken enough of my own.

Mine is a bit boring reading your lots’ contributions.
It’s an extension on my name - Vance.

I was a (crap) bass player in a local band the 90’s and the lead singer wanted to know my full name.

I said “Vance”. He said “nah - must be longer than that, if Vince is short for Vincent....” and it stuck, possibly the first nickname to be longer than the actual name - bloody Aussies.

The logo has become obvious now. I initially liked the switch to black in 2000 - but the more time went on the more I missed the OGs. Having campaigned for their return for some time I’m pretty chuffed we have our identity back.
Your short comment reminds me of when I was at school. One guy from our age who had left school hat got picked up from the cops on the weekend. One of his mates told us during class.

Did you here what happened to winnieata. Dude got picked up from the cops and told them his name was par. Cop said your full name. Par tedoor. Come on mister tedoor.

He gets to the station and a maori cop tells his partner he's taking the piss. Tells him your name is not par tedoor now tell us your real name.

He says winnieata and before he gets out his surname the cop yells ok mister ata come here.

Mine is self explanatory, I was living in PNG and being a Kiwi used the handle PNG Kiwi
I just returned to NZ on the eve of Level 4.
One of the things I was looking forward to was watching the Warriors live, but I guess that will not be until 2021.
I have been keeping busy doing an online off shore skippers course, stretching the brain cells, it would be interesting to know what others are doing.

Reactions: Sup42 and Defence
I’m an electrician and Wizards were a nickname on some jobs being ‘masters of electrickery’ so the wizards thing started happening.

I spent a bit of time in Australia and the ‘wizard of Oz’ started coming up but I didn’t take to that.

A few people in my workplace played clash of clans together and we all had Wizard themed user names. Wizards are one of the characters and rage spells made them powerful so Wizards rage was my user name. Started using it online after that and it ended up used here.

Originally tried to find a wizard pic but didn’t work out on a small phone scale so just found an image using the black colours at the time.