General Your username and pic?

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
My username is historical :blackeye:

The pic is because I yearn for the tough days of league again. I think many of our overpaid, disloyal and precious modern day players would have been weeded out in the school of hard knocks that was the NRL 10-15 years ago and before. Some of the less fashionable players of today would be held in greater esteem for their guts and leadership. We haven't had a Campion type at the Warriors for a long time, or an agitator (a smart one).

It would be cool to see players playing their careers where they grew up, forming a long-term brotherhood with their team mates and playing the game for the pleasure first and making a living out of it second. We have lost that in the professional era...not that is all bad, there is some scintillating skill on offer every weekend.

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

My username comes from the days I lived in NE England and used to watch Sunderland with a gang of mates. They had a player called Paul Hardyman who was before one game presented with a sponsors car. This being before big money came into the game and when the Iron Curtain still existed, he was given the finest that communist production engineering served up at that point, a Yugo (think Lada with a few go faster stripes applied). Cue laughter which became a running joke

My avatar is RL hall of famer Gus Risman

The Falcon

The Falcon

Great posts, feel like we are all sitting around in a circle in an empty classroom revealing our life secrets...
Mine is a reference to Mario Fenech, former Souths player, known to many as The Maltese Falcon. He was the back page poster of one of my first RL Week magazines I bought in the late 80’s when I discovered the Winfield Cup.
He wasn’t the most skilled but I loved the tough committed way he (and their awesome forward pack of the time) played the game and as a result became my favourite player.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
Mine is an old nickname from early gaming days and a play on the word Ricochet as I could never sit still. Probably helped that my first name is Richard and my mother was Irish.

Love cars and cruising so the avatar is about having a good time in some good old American muscle. Might not be many road trips in the foreseeable future though.

Defence

Defence

Mine is an old nickname from early gaming days and a play on the word Ricochet as I could never sit still. Probably helped that my first name is Richard and my mother was Irish.

Love cars and cruising so the avatar is about having a good time in some good old American muscle. Might not be many road trips in the foreseeable future though.

Ricochet... clever- went right over my head.

Reactions: defensivebomb
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Great posts, feel like we are all sitting around in a circle in an empty classroom revealing our life secrets...
Mine is a reference to Mario Fenech, former Souths player, known to many as The Maltese Falcon. He was the back page poster of one of my first RL Week magazines I bought in the late 80’s when I discovered the Winfield Cup.
He wasn’t the most skilled but I loved the tough committed way he (and their awesome forward pack of the time) played the game and as a result became my favourite player.
Was it Fenech’s brother who was the world champion boxer, fought Azuma Nelson?

Viking

Viking

I'm from Norwegian and Swedish stock and supported Bay Roskill when I joined the first version of this forum over a dozen years ago! I support the Bears now but will always have a soft spot for the Bay. The photo doesn't mean anything except that I'm always overdue for a haircut.

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

My username has stuck with me since I was in high school - Came up with the name when MySpace/Bebo were things.

“Afakasi” because I’m half Samoan/half Palagi.

The 247 (or 24/7) part was added just to make it look cooler at the time.

Had my profile pic since the 2015 season - really liked the old school logo on those jerseys. Haven’t been arsed to change it since.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
My username comes from the days I lived in NE England and used to watch Sunderland with a gang of mates. They had a player called Paul Hardyman who was before one game presented with a sponsors car. This being before big money came into the game and when the Iron Curtain still existed, he was given the finest that communist production engineering served up at that point, a Yugo (think Lada with a few go faster stripes applied). Cue laughter which became a running joke

My avatar is RL hall of famer Gus Risman
funny i have always read your name as Hard-man. never noticed the y. Therefore i thought you might own a great strumping beast of a modified Yugo or something. Hell your a warriors supporter, we already know you make bad decisions, it was very possible.

dean

My username has stuck with me since I was in high school - Came up with the name when MySpace/Bebo were things.

“Afakasi” because I’m half Samoan/half Palagi.

The 247 (or 24/7) part was added just to make it look cooler at the time.

Had my profile pic since the 2015 season - really liked the old school logo on those jerseys. Haven’t been arsed to change it since.
There was a very good boxer Ali Afakasi back in the early 70's. Thought it might have had some reference to him. Think its spelt that way.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
My username and avatar is Otto Sump, he's one of my favourite characters from 2000AD's Judge Dredd comic and probably one of the most tragic-comic characters you'll ever come across which is becoming increasingly appropriate.
not sure i get the tragic part of Sumps character. Love you to explain it to me one day. Big fan of the ABC warriors and Sternhammer from Strontium Dogs or at least his liberal use of the happy stick. Also think they got the concept of predicting the future of mega cities pretty much spot on, especially in the US.
Lastly Torquemada's catch cry seems pretty on point atm "Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave! "

Reactions: Kestrel84
Miket12

Miket12

funny i have always read your name as Hard-man. never noticed the y. Therefore i thought you might own a great strumping beast of a modified Yugo or something. Hell your a warriors supporter, we already know you make bad decisions, it was very possible.
Instead of thinking of Hard-man I always think of Hardyman's Yugo more in the lines of Puss In Boots