General Your username and pic?

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
The name is from a firefighting TV show i saw a long time ago, there was this muttonhead in it that allays refereed to himself in the third person. Grevus dont play that shit... etc. As i was a firefighter at the time, i fell in love with it, plus the spelling being a simplified version of Grievous and my love for naming my old online stuff GBH whenever i could, it worked.

The imagery comes courtesy of another poster by the name of FaceFacts. Him and i could never agree on the value of an old player who went by the name Manu (dont worry no one important anymore). Anyway one day he accused me of only ever seeing him through rainbow and butterfly accented glasses. I thought i would take that insult and own it. Kept it ever since. Probably always will. Thanks Facefacts.

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

My username is my actual real life nickname. It used to belong to my Grandfather who once served as U.S Marine Sergeant during WWII fighting Japanese in Philippines and then later on Chinese in Korea. Very few people outside my own family and friends refer to me by my real name. For most people I'm just "Johnny Ray".

My user name pic of a guy with bag over his head goes back to something you see alot in American Sports. When fans get dillusioned with a team or team they follow starts playing like suck, the fans don't stop supporting them or turning up to their home games, they instead just pull on their team jersey, put a brown paper bag over their head (so nobody can see who they actually are) and head stadium and watch game while whole time giving their team crap for how inexcusably, inexplicably, fucking shit they are this year. As a long time NZ Warriors fan I can definitely relate hence the user pic ... :bag:

Last edited:
Noitall

Noitall

The name is from a firefighting TV show i saw a long time ago, there was this muttonhead in it that allays refereed to himself in the third person. Grevus dont play that shit... etc. As i was a firefighter at the time, i fell in love with it, plus the spelling being a simplified version of Grievous and my love for naming my old online stuff GBH whenever i could, it worked.

The imagery comes courtesy of another poster by the name of FaceFacts. Him and i could never agree on the value of an old player who went by the name Manu (dont worry no one important anymore). Anyway one day he accused me of only ever seeing him through rainbow and butterfly accented glasses. I thought i would take that insult and own it. Kept it ever since. Probably always will. Thanks Facefacts.
Good yarn. I used to love that show, it was an Aussie one called Fire. Grevus was a crack up

Weno

Weno

Wenoweno are another maori green vege.

My nickname Weno came from that because I asked what it was in our boil up and my schoolmates made it stick.

Found out its a good detox that evening.

Moderators gave me the pic,dont know how to put one on anyway.

john nick

john nick

Wenoweno are another maori green vege.

My nickname Weno came from that because I asked what it was in our boil up and my schoolmates made it stick.

Found out its a good detox that evening.

Moderators gave me the pic,dont know how to put one on anyway.
LMAO Some great tales there.Mine is very fuckin mundane so wont bore you but just to say I am enjoying this site thru lockdown.Keep up the good work.Cheers

surfin

surfin

LMAO Some great tales there.Mine is very fuckin mundane so wont bore you but just to say I am enjoying this site thru lockdown.Keep up the good work.Cheers

Well I think we would all agree a lock down is more fun than a season of watching the Warriors playing their version of league. It won't be this nice or fun once the season starts and we lose the one thing we have in common, arse molds in our couches will be swapped for split foreheads caused by banging them against a brick wall.

Noitall

Noitall

Well I think we would all agree a lock down is more fun than a season of watching the Warriors playing their version of league. It won't be this nice or fun once the season starts and we lose the one thing we have in common, arse molds in our couches will be swapped for split foreheads caused by banging them against a brick wall.
I thought of many on this site the other day when I saw a story about the NSW Waratahs asking their assistant coaches to come back to work but not head coach Rob Penney.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mines also sorta a mix between nickname and gamer thing as well.
Matiu was sorta an ironic nick name as I was the only white kid in our rugby team so started getting called it and it stuck, the nz part was from when I would try and use Matiu as a username but it was always taken so it would suggest the nz part as a geolocation thing I guess- got to the stage it was always suggesting it I just started using it.
Go through stages with Avatars but the current one is just a piss take on the towel kicking incident last season.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Mine - the name and the pic - are from the movie "Reservoir Dogs". Okay, my character dies and doesn't get much of the great dialogue - the tipping speech or the "Like A Virgin" explanation, for example - although he does get the classic "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?"

Dylanesque pop-bubblegum music has always freaked me out since...:)
Still can’t hear stuck in the middle with you without thinking of that scene

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

I used to be someone else years ago but I got banned too many times for drunken shitposting and arguing with guys like Iron Lion. I was very worried when Ivan was here, then when Bluey came I started getting worried to death, now I'm even more worried.

Noitall

Noitall

I used to be someone else years ago but I got banned too many times for drunken shitposting and arguing with guys like Iron Lion. I was very worried when Ivan was here, then when Bluey came I started getting worried to death, now I'm even more worried.
Were you one of the posters savaging iron lion on the league unlimited site.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Mods run a good tight ship here these days, it's like herding cats trying to keep us on topic at the best of times, let alone now when there is no actual topic and probly not even a comp.

"What we need is a new half, a new bopper, a new NRL and I hope they let us back in. I'm a bit worried about the coach too." - Me, 1998. Fuck, nothing's changed really, except now we're all older and wiser keyboard experts, and prisoners in our own homes.

Last edited:

wrighty

My pic and user name explain themselves.
The reason I use a cricket moniker on a league web site is that I frequently go back and forth between this forum and a cricket forum and wanted to avoid being confused by having two different user names.