General YOUR Team For 2021

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
What do think about starting and finishing with Kane Evans rather than having him come on in the middle of the game? Seems like he has some leadership qualities so could be good to help us keep our heads late in the game and is big so could benefit from 2 shorter stints rather than a long middle one. Other than that I think the teams being bandied about look pretty good,its all gonna depend on how our halves step up, they should definitey have a platform (touches wood).

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
What do think about starting and finishing with Kane Evans rather than having him come on in the middle of the game? Seems like he has some leadership qualities so could be good to help us keep our heads late in the game and is big so could benefit from 2 shorter stints rather than a long middle one. Other than that I think the teams being bandied about look pretty good,its all gonna depend on how our halves step up, they should definitey have a platform (touches wood).
I maybe on my own here but I thought the Evans signing was with a view to him starting at prop, it certainly seemed that way at the time with team mates suggesting he would be a starting prop at most other clubs.

The two occasions he started at prop last season he made 150 meters in both games. Hard to get ahead of Paulo and RCG so can understand the reason for shifting clubs.

Most have Addin Fonua-Blake starting with Ah Mau, I’ve always thought Ah Mau was at his best coming off the bench with his footwork against tiring defenders so yeah... I’ve got Evans starting for us with Addin Fonua-Blake.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Team I've been toying with in my head...

1.RTS
2.Pompey
3.Fusitua
4.Aitken
5.Ken
6.Kodi
7.CHT
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.EGAN
10.Kane
11.Katoa
12.Harris
13.Jazz

14.Ben Murdoch-Masila
15.Ah Mau
16.Murchie
17.Lawton

My theory is saw some training pics on insta- looked like Fusitua was playing centre.
Also rotation wise murch comes on for evans and pushes Harris to prop , Ah mau spells Addin Fonua-Blake for 20-30 mins in the middle of the game and Ben Murdoch-Masila spells Jazz and comes on for some impact.
Lawton is injury cover and can play a bit role maybe giving when a rest.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018

1.RTS
2.Pompey
3.Fusitua
4.Aitken
5.Ken
6.Kodi
7.CHT
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.EGAN
10.Kane
11.Katoa
12.Harris
13.Jazz

14.Ben Murdoch-Masila
15.Ah Mau
16.Murchie
17.Lawton

My theory is saw some training pics on insta- looked like Fusitua was playing centre.
Also rotation wise murch comes on for evans and pushes Harris to prop , Ah mau spells Addin Fonua-Blake for 20-30 mins in the middle of the game and Ben Murdoch-Masila spells Jazz and comes on for some impact.
Hi mate I’ve got some thoughts on this:

1. In my mind ideally you need a #1 and #2 prop on the field at any one time. By #1 I mean a big aggressive body who can dent the line on first carry against a set defence. By #2 I mean a slightly more mobile prop who takes the second middle carry and can generate a quick PTB. Addin Fonua-Blake is clearly a #1; i think Evans is as well. LAM on the other hand is a #2 and I would say so is Tohu when he plays prop (although what can’t that legend do). So in my team I preferred to have one of Evans and Addin Fonua-Blake on at any one time to play that role.
2. When would you bring Murchie on? Unless you’re bringing him on at 50min+ you’re giving Tohu a long shift at prop especially if he’s playing 80 mins.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Hi mate I’ve got some thoughts on this:

1. In my mind ideally you need a #1 and #2 prop on the field at any one time. By #1 I mean a big aggressive body who can dent the line on first carry against a set defence. By #2 I mean a slightly more mobile prop who takes the second middle carry and can generate a quick PTB. Addin Fonua-Blake is clearly a #1; i think Evans is as well. LAM on the other hand is a #2 and I would say so is Tohu when he plays prop (although what can’t that legend do). So in my team I preferred to have one of Evans and Addin Fonua-Blake on at any one time to play that role.
2. When would you bring Murchie on? Unless you’re bringing him on at 50min+ you’re giving Tohu a long shift at prop especially if he’s playing 80 mins.
Bring Murch on after 25-30 he plays the rest of the game.
Tohu is capable of playing 80 week in week out but how sustainable that is....
I think he comes off the field after half time so he has a good 30 minute rest including half time. Evans can spell him.

Like your thinking on the no.1 no.2 thing too.
But you have got jazz on who's the mobile type when you have Evans and Addin Fonua-Blake. Then Ben Murdoch-Masila when you've Got the others or a mix.

Reactions: Worried2Death

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Yeah I like that idea too tragic .. plus it keeps the different body shapes in the forward pack on the field at any one time.. which if I recall is what Brownie and POS are looking for..

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

1.RTS
2.Pompey
3.Fusitua
4.Aitken
5.Ken
6.Kodi
7.CHT
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
9.EGAN
10.Kane
11.Katoa
12.Harris
13.Jazz

14.Ben Murdoch-Masila
15.Ah Mau
16.Murchie
17.Lawton

Only point I’d argue is Hiku is a better Center than Fusitua and Fusitua is a better winger than Pompey, otherwise pretty solid team

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Auckland
I maybe on my own here but I thought the Evans signing was with a view to him starting at prop, it certainly seemed that way at the time with team mates suggesting he would be a starting prop at most other clubs.

The two occasions he started at prop last season he made 150 meters in both games. Hard to get ahead of Paulo and RCG so can understand the reason for shifting clubs.

Most have Addin Fonua-Blake starting with Ah Mau, I’ve always thought Ah Mau was at his best coming off the bench with his footwork against tiring defenders so yeah... I’ve got Evans starting for us with Addin Fonua-Blake.
Fair thought, only reason why i had Ah Mau starting was because a safe no nonsense prop so we get a reliable start without much disruption then you have the more aggressive (penalty magnet) guys coming off the bench.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Only point I’d argue is Hiku is a better Center than Fusitua and Fusitua is a better winger than Pompey, otherwise pretty solid team
I've Been researching the 2020 games quite a bit recently and Pompey stands out more and more , catches the high ball so effortlessly and has great speed in the open , seems to lack some confidence on attack and could get his feet higher for finishing in the corners but I reckon the guys got the goods strangely.
Hiku is a great centre maybe will be there over Fusitua.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I've Been researching the 2020 games quite a bit recently and Pompey stands out more and more , catches the high ball so effortlessly and has great speed in the open , seems to lack some confidence on attack and could get his feet higher for finishing in the corners but I reckon the guys got the goods strangely.
Hiku is a great centre maybe will be there over Fusitua.
Gotta admit I wasn’t too impressed with earlier showings by Pompey, but he grew on me as the season went on. They’re still probably first choice but I like the idea of Fusitua and Ken having to earn their spots back on the team

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Personally I don't rate Murchie as high as this forum. Not bad but not going to make as much impact as yous think. It's like when a player has a good performance you all plan for him to play Origin and be the Warriors savior. Then has a bad game and you're ready to trade him. If this is how people make decisions no wonder we're in the shit we're in.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Bring Murch on after 25-30 he plays the rest of the game.
Tohu is capable of playing 80 week in week out but how sustainable that is....
I think he comes off the field after half time so he has a good 30 minute rest including half time. Evans can spell him.

Like your thinking on the no.1 no.2 thing too.
But you have got jazz on who's the mobile type when you have Evans and Addin Fonua-Blake. Then Ben Murdoch-Masila when you've Got the others or a mix.

30mim sounds way too long brother

15-20mim tops, so your body doesn’t cool down too much otherwise you’re gonna start cramping

Reactions: AlexM

User Name

1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Aitken
5. Maumalo
6. Nikorima
7. CHT
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Ben Murdoch-Masila
11. Katoa
12. Sironen
13. Harris

14. Lawton
15. Evans
16. Au Mau
17. Tevaga

Personally I think they will go with a line up like this to start, but will vary according to oppositions (big or mobile). Agree with the comments regarding Egan/Lawton - if one of them can go 80 mins then it will make our bench better. Otherwise I think we are losing a spot with Jazz there too.

Injuries will play a part, but I like our forward depth this year. Do you think that they may try and give JTB an opportunity to play second row? Would be a big addition if he could.

Reactions: AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017

Actually not a bad team picked here guys

Reactions: Miket12

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating