General Young talent re-signs

• Thread starter Kid-Dynamite_old
  • Start date

Kid-Dynamite_old

Just if anyone is interested:

Canberra have continued their impressive retention and recruitment drive with the re-signing of outside back Adrian Purtell.

Purtell will remain with the Raiders through to the end of the 2011 season after rejecting advances from reigning premiers Melbourne.

The Storm had hoped to attract Purtell to fill the void left by Israel Folau's impending departure, but with a spot in the centres up for grabs at Canberra as well, the 23-year-old decided to remain put.

He joins Todd Carney and Bronx Goodwin in re-signing with the club, while Penrith backrower Nathan Smith and Wests Tigers hooker Shane Flanagan will link up with green machine next season.

and......

The Gold Coast Titans have re-signed speedster Shannon Walker until the end of 2010.

Hailed as the fastest player in rugby league, Walker is yet to make his NRL debut but the 19-year-old fullback has scored five tries in as many matches this year for the Titans in the national youth competition.

"Shannon is an incredible prospect and is on his way towards representing the club at NRL level in the near future," said Titans managing director Michael Searle.

"His speed, agility and explosiveness needs to be seen to be believed

Kid-Dynamite_old

Would love to see the speed of Shannon Walker for myself! :D
To be hailed as the fastest player over the likes of Matty Bowen, Brett Stewart and Billy Slater!!! He must fly!

Matrix_old

Would love to see the speed of Shannon Walker for myself! :D
To be hailed as the fastest player over the likes of Matty Bowen, Brett Stewart and Billy Slater!!! He must fly!

Yeah its all true watched this guy vs our juniors he was pretty amazing to watch

Wiki_old

To be honest I thought Walker was definitely good to watch but I doubt he is the fastest.

He put the gas on one of our players - I forget who - and ran around him to score. The commentators then spoke of the pace the kid has and I believe that's where the comments have come from. But that's definitely not a fair and accurate representation of his speed.

Put them on a track with some of the fastest in the comp ala Cooper Vuna and then we can see.

Regardless, he is definitely a hot prospect.

blain91_old

he has mean acceleration. over a hundred im sure others would beat him.

man, how good is the titans going to be next year? they have lost no one and signed great talent in walker zillman, tagatese.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Walker's a freak. If he isn't the fastest then he's damn close to it. The 2007 QLD cup Grand final was amazing to watch when Walker got going. If he finds his feet in first grade he'll be something special.

a.c.e_old

that guy Babar? for the Dogs in Toyota Cup has some wheels on him too!

Good that Green Machine are signing young talent, but just like the others, get develop by Canberra only to join other clubs.

David James_old

Walker certainly has some gas.

Titans are fitting an immense amount of talent under the cap, their team certainly is going to be strong next year.