General Young NRL Coaches

• Thread starter westie stylz_old
  • Start date

westie stylz_old

Was having a little think about the young coaches after the latest incident with Taylor apparently getting smacked over by one of his players because I wondered what a coach is doing out with them. Most of the coaches would have a few beers at the leagues club and then probably go home to a cuppa and bed.

But anyway, that was only half my point.

I was thinking about how the young coaches have gone this year and it's not so great.

Some of them have been coaching for several years and had great seasons but this ain't one of them...

Fittler (last and getting sacked)
Stuart (second to last and given boot from Aussie spot last year)
Cleary (third to last)
Taylor (just missed playofss but missed them nonetheless)
Anderson (scrapped in and by the looks of things will be knocked out in week one - had a great run recently though).
Henjack (made the playoffs in the end by by god it was the worst the Broncos have gone in their history for a while there)

Experience maybe does count for something aye.

Be nice if the Warriors one day get a tried and tested coach who's been around and won titles just so we can see what will happen. We keep getting coaches with ZERO first grade experience when they take us over.

kingkole_old

GOOD Post if u look at it in a bit more detail your find some of there early succ-mite b a bit misleading

stuart-rooster-sharks. Artie beetson atributed alot of there succ-2 system put inplace by Graeme murry,STUARTS prob more a tect-adviser then head coach.

Fittler-inherited a good but some wht ageing roster, only which exsposed his lack of experience when injurys occured.

Cleary- was pretty good junior coach at the rooster and has done a good job but not grt8 job at the worriors i think every coach shld b given 1 bad season b4 there position is reviewed.

Taylor - considering wht he walked in2 and wht this club was b4 hand done okay

Anderson-nxt year will b his year because he will have selected his own roster and build the team he wants.

Henjack-DIDNT INHERIT A TEAM INHERITED A LEGACY. so can he coach well with that roster a blind man should b able 2 coach tht side but 1 point missed is tht ivan was not highly regard coach prior 2 rejoining the broncos its knowin fact that ballamy was the coach in waiting b4 the storm came knocking so can he coach if they win the prem-people will say course he can.

garyhobson_old

Ricky Stuart won a premiership when he was in his 1st or 2nd year as head coach, he was pretty young back then too, but then again he had a lot of outside assistance, something which Ivan really needs.

kingkole_old

YEAH he did but remember that premiership was won of a realy good run in2 the finals i think wht artie was saying is that murry was sacked as head coach after taking them 2 a GF but alot of that succ-was atributed 2 stuart & co even though they where murry systems.

garyhobson_old

At the moment I would take Steve Folkes, desperate for another nrl head coaching job, exprience premiership winning coach. Has a successful track record, apart from those 2 wooden spoons 2002 and 2008. He'll be better for the team right now than Ivan, fresh new approach.

kingkole_old

if your gona go with folkes u may as well look at john laing he been pretty good coach all clubs he been at from his in the IN QLDC 2 THE NRL SO he mite b good fit works well with the polys something folkes has trouble with not so much in the getting along dept more in the area of communication laing perhaps jst a side thought.

kingkole_old

I am not so much court up on john lang but do the worriors need a new coach or a new playing roster i dont want a coach who has access bagged from another club iam hapi with cleary 4 now or else go out and get brian mccleanan.