General Worst Warriors Seasons - Where does this one compare?

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Yeah before we get into just how bad a season this has been for NZ Warriors just think in less than 2 weeks time Canberra Raiders, a team who hasn't won a title since last year we weren't in competition (1994), will have won their first grand final in 25 years and all it took them to do it was to let one of our Assistant Coaches Andrew McFadden go and take one of our most promising prospects CNK with him, all because our Senior Head Coach Stephen Kearney didn't have intelligence to see what we all saw with his natural talent and ability and shift our Captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to number three spot to accomodate him, proving once and for all you can have as many great players that you want but if you've got crap coach you're going have crap team. Seeing Canberra Raiders win competition this year with somebody who should of been our starting fullback is what makes this for me one of worse seasons in NZWarriors history and that's not even counting fact we lost our halfback Shaun Johnson to a rival club in off season with almost our hooker Issac Luke along with him all because management at club decided to play hardball with his contract not fully expecting that he would go elsewhere until he did. It stupid shit like this why I'm not surprise we ended up where we did on ladder and why I won't be surprise that where we're going be next season because after what Stephen Kearney did to this team this year we deserve to be and that's thing that sucks the most. Seriously I fucking hope Canberra Raiders lose this week for all our sakes. It's one thing for Kearney mistakes to cost us games and cost us a place inside top eight. It's another for those same mistake to win another club a grand final ! It almost makes me not want to be Warriors fan because honestly for me 2019 is looking like worse season we ever had...

☹️

Last edited:

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018
Yeah before we get into just how bad a season this has been for NZ Warriors just think in less than 2 weeks time Canberra Raiders, a team who hasn't won a title since last year we weren't in competition (1994), will have won their first grand final in 25 years and all it took them to do it was to let one of our Assistant Coaches Andrew McFadden go and take one of our most promising prospects CNK with him, all because our Senior Head Coach Stephen Kearney didn't have intelligence to see what we all saw with his natural talent and ability and shift our Captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to number three spot to accomodate him, proving once and for all you can have as many great players that you want but if you've got crap coach you're going have crap team. Seeing Canberra Raiders win competition this year with somebody who should of been our starting fullback is what makes this for me one of worse seasons in NZWarriors history and that's not even counting fact we lost our halfback Shaun Johnson to a rival club in off season with almost our hooker Issac Luke along with him all because management at club decided to play hardball with his contract not fully expecting that he would go elsewhere until he did. It stupid shit like this why I'm not surprise we ended up where we did on ladder and why I won't be surprise that where we're going be next season because after what Stephen Kearney did to this team this year we deserve to be and that's thing that sucks the most. Seriously I fucking hope Canberra Raiders lose this week for all our sakes. It's one thing for Kearney mistakes to cost us games and cost us a place inside top eight. It's another for those same mistake to win another club a grand final ! It almost makes me not want to be Warriors fan because honestly for me 2019 is looking like worse season we ever had...

Bro, I'm sure you're a great dude and I'm all for passionate co-supporters of our team, but if you think Canberra's season is successful solely because of their assistant coach and a fullback then I'm not sure there is a support group that can help you.

Honestly, some dudes on this forum have lost all perspective.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Bro, I'm sure you're a great dude and I'm all for passionate co-supporters of our team, but if you think Canberra's season is successful solely because of their assistant coach and a fullback then I'm not sure there is a support group that can help you.

Honestly, some dudes on this forum have lost all perspective.

I think he's merely pointing out the similairietes in our team/matket and Canberra but the huge difference in success. CNK has been a revelation - best buy of the season for many and Cappy seems to have got their attack clicking.

Both of those guys weren't thought of much here.

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
I think he's merely pointing out the similairietes in our team/matket and Canberra but the huge difference in success. CNK has been a revelation - best buy of the season for many and Cappy seems to have got their attack clicking.

CNK was never going to get a starting spot here as he was behind one of if not THE best back 3 in the competition. He went to another club to get that starting spot and has performed well but he was never going to play over our back 3, and rightfully so. I dont regret letting him go as now he has flourished when he wouldn't have been able to here.

Cappy was our head coach for a few years there and it didn't work. He had probably always planned to move back home to Canberra anyway.

Realistically, there's no similarities in the two teams. Their forward pack is amazing, dynamic back rowers, strong middle forwards and a top 5 hooker in the game. Compared to our pack, it's night and day. Combined with decent backs (although nothing special), I'm not surprised they performed as well as they did compared to us.

Last edited:

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
CNK was never going to get a starting spot here as he was behind one of if not THE best back 3 in the competition. He went to another club to get that starting spot and has performed well but he was never going to play over our back 3, and rightfully so. I dont regret letting him go as now he has flourished when he wouldn't have been able to here.

Cappy was our head coach for a few years there and it didn't work. He had probably always planned to move back home to Canberra anyway.

Realistically, there's no similarities in the two teams. Their forward pack is amazing, dynamic back rowers, strong middle forwards and a top 5 hooker in the game. Compared to our pack, it's night and day. Combined with decent backs (although nothing special), I'm not surprised they performed as well as they did compared to us.
I'd say Manly the storm an Roosters an Canberra have equal if not better back 3
We do get the meters .But for support play , Defense ,an Playmaking we fall short .an our lack of long range tries proves it. .At times our wingers over run our centers .But they make good meters an kick returns .Oh an the eels that Fijian oarsome

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
I'd say Manly the storm an Roosters an Canberra have equal if not better back 3
We do get the meters .But for support play , Defense ,an Playmaking we fall short .an our lack of long range tries proves it. .At times our wingers over run our centers .But they make good meters an kick returns .Oh an the eels that Fijian oarsome
These are just my opinion, but:

Manly:
Roger > Turbo
Ken > Garrick
Fusitua = Taufua

Storm:
Roger > Papenhuyzen
Ken > Vunivalu
Fusitua = JAC

Roosters:
Roger = Teddy
Ken = Manu
Fusitua > Morris (just)

Canberra:
Roger > CNK
Ken > Rapana (on this year's form)
Fusitua = Coctric

I'd say I'd rather take our back 3 over theirs, Roosters probably equal to ours in my opinion.

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018

I'm not telepathic - I'm replying directly to what he had written, which was ridiculous.

This is exactly the sort of comment that shows no perspective on reality dude. Both were held in high regard here, and were released for both the benefit of the individuals themselves, and likely with the intention to benefit the clubs' books/roster too. I get it - you're bummed out at our failings this season. But don't just go making things up to suit or fuel your present negative mood. The club will (and unfortunately too often this season) get things wrong - but they're not the anti-christ out to ruin all of our lives eh?

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017

The thing is though that when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was injured it was not CNK who came in to the starting side at full back. It was Peta Hiku who played full back.

So we can't use the excuse of oh if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck wasn't full back we could have used CNK.

Kearney would not have used CNK. That's the point.

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
The thing is though that when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was injured it was not CNK who came in to the starting side at full back. It was Peta Hiku who played full back.

So we can't use the excuse of oh if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck wasn't full back we could have used CNK.

Kearney would not have used CNK. That's the point.
So? It still doesn't change the fact CNK would not be getting a full time starting spot which he now has?

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
Round 11 2018 vs Eels
Round 14 2018 vs Sea Eagles

There may be more but those are the ones I can think of.
Was Charnze even playing FB in NSW Cup then?

I really don't blame Kearney in this case, he was solid without being outstanding on the wing for us in the NRL. Ricky Stuart took a punt on him playing fullback and it came off..

Reactions: Worried2Death

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
These are just my opinion, but:

Manly:
Roger > Turbo
Ken > Garrick
Fusitua = Taufua

Storm:
Roger > Papenhuyzen
Ken > Vunivalu
Fusitua = JAC

Roosters:
Roger = Teddy
Ken = Manu
Fusitua > Morris (just)

Canberra:
Roger > CNK
Ken > Rapana (on this year's form)
Fusitua = Coctric

I'd say I'd rather take our back 3 over theirs, Roosters probably equal to ours in my opinion.
I reckon it is a lot closer than that because I would rather have any of those wingers over 2019 Fusitua. I would have Manly and Roosters top 2 then us.

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018
Round 11 2018 vs Eels
Round 14 2018 vs Sea Eagles

There may be more but those are the ones I can think of.

LOL - come on man. So Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 23 games in 2018. And you provide two games from that season to show how 'stupid' SK is to not use Charnze at FB. So round 11, 2018 - a game which the Warriors won 24-14 against Parra. That weekend Charnze rocked out for the ISP team... at wing. He couldn't lock down the FB spot in reserve grade, yet SK was just being 'so stupid' to not play him in FG, instead naming a guy who had played test footy at fullback, and we got the result - yep, what a crazy f*cker that SK is! I can't be bothered to look up the other round. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 23 games in 2017 also. A season which CNK did great for us in his 7 appearances - getting his chance because he was obviously impressing. I don't get it man. Doesn't look like there were SFA chances for SK to endear himself to you back then. He was clearly stuck behind Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Ken and Fusitua (who was amaze-balls last year) that the club give him opportunity to progress elsewhere... You're so clouded in your hate for SK that you're making things up IMO.

Reactions: Damo

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
LOL - come on man. So Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 23 games in 2018. And you provide two games from that season to show how 'stupid' SK is to not use Charnze at FB. So round 11, 2018 - a game which the Warriors won 24-14 against Parra. That weekend Charnze rocked out for the ISP team... at wing. He couldn't lock down the FB spot in reserve grade, yet SK was just being 'so stupid' to not play him in FG, instead naming a guy who had played test footy at fullback, and we got the result - yep, what a crazy f*cker that SK is! I can't be bothered to look up the other round. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 23 games in 2017 also. A season which CNK did great for us in his 7 appearances - getting his chance because he was obviously impressing. I don't get it man. Doesn't look like there were SFA chances for SK to endear himself to you back then. He was clearly stuck behind Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Ken and Fusitua (who was amaze-balls last year) that the club give him opportunity to progress elsewhere... You're so clouded in your hate for SK that you're making things up IMO.

Answer me this. If CNK was still at the club this year do you think SK would have played him at full back if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was out?

If your answer is yes then you are delusional.

Reactions: Dave Brough

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
Answer me this. If CNK was still at the club this year do you think SK would have played him at full back if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was out?

Your hate for Kearney is misguiding your logic here I think. I don't think many coaches in the competition would have played CNK there, it was literally a gamble that came off for the Raiders and nothing else. The fact he couldn't even play regular NSW Cup at fullback says a lot.

Vedoid

Warriors Bench Player
Nov 21, 2018

Bro, play whatever fantasy games you like. But don't just make shit up. Cool, you don't rate SK - just stick to that. It's better when people base their opinion on fact and not emotion.

Reactions: Fonzie

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Your hate for Kearney is misguiding your logic here I think. I don't think many coaches in the competition would have played CNK there, it was literally a gamble that came off for the Raiders and nothing else. The fact he couldn't even play regular NSW Cup at fullback says a lot.

Maybe it is. I am getting so frustrated with what's happening at the club and have a lot of reservations about SK and the direction we are heading.

Everyone has their own opinion whether it's right or wrong. Let's end the conversation there.

Reactions: Damo and Vedoid

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings