General Worst Warriors Seasons - Where does this one compare?

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
There has been some bad ones.

2004 and 2019 are similar in that the season before had some promise to them. 2004 followed 3 years of finals appearances with a Grand Final and getting close the following year. Then things fell apart. 2019 we had reason to be optimistic with what looked like progress had been made last year after 5 poor seasons and instability off the field.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
I don't think the club can get any lower, especially with all this alleged talent within the club

Fusitua, Ken, Blair, Harris, Luke, Green, Kodi, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and more. As many experts say a squad like this should be challenging for at least 8 place.

Unfortunately not the Warriors of 2019. Plus, there even boring to watch.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I don't think the club can get any lower, especially with all this alleged talent within the club

Fusitua, Ken, Blair, Harris, Luke, Green, Kodi, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and more. As many experts say a squad like this should be challenging for at least 8 place.

Unfortunately not the Warriors of 2019. Plus, there even boring to watch.
That is a hell of a line up, on paper, but a couple of expensive duds as well.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
2012 was way worse. That imbecile Bluey McClennan made Stephen Kearney look like Wayne Bennett. First coach in NRLs over 100 year history to ever be fired during their first season lol.

1998 was the worst season I've suffered through. We were utter shite on and off the field. Again coached by another incompetent in Frank Endicott. We had a horror injury list and Ridgey was either suspended or couldn't be fucked. I remember one game where my two mates and I were the only people sitting in the whole south stand.

The only shining light of that season was finally getting rid of Denis Betts...

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Again coached by another incompetent in Frank Endicott.
To be fair to Frank Endacott he was the reserve grade coach under Monie, and especially in 1996 the reserve grade team looked by far the better coached team. The fish was starting to rot from the head down so when Frank took over the top job he was on a hiding to nothing.

As for Bluey, I think you can blame some former Kiwi first grade players for getting into Wayne Scurrah's ear because they didn't like John Hart, the rest is a sad history. Bluey was dumb enough to take the hospital pass, much the same as Kearney did at the Eels.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
2012 was way worse. That imbecile Bluey McClennan made Stephen Kearney look like Wayne Bennett. First coach in NRLs over 100 year history to ever be fired during their first season lol.

1998 was the worst season I've suffered through. We were utter shite on and off the field. Again coached by another incompetent in Frank Endicott. We had a horror injury list and Ridgey was either suspended or couldn't be fucked. I remember one game where my two mates and I were the only people sitting in the whole south stand.

The only shining light of that season was finally getting rid of Denis Betts...

What do all three imbeciles have in common? kiwi national coaches....

David Kidwell must be waiting for his call up
🤦🏻‍♂️

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
The only thing that SUCKS more than us right now is BONNIE ROTTEN, but I forgive her, cause she is, well...... HOT!
OK,honestly, read the comments, liked most of them. We have had some pretty crappy other seasons besides this one, but for me, this one takes them all out because we are just so boring to watch, we have no flair what so ever.
I think next year will be the same.
Just googled Bonnie Rotten I'll be back in half an hour or so

Bluey we sucked
Elliot we sucked
Cappy we sucked
Last year we made the finals
This year we sucked I really think CG kicked us on the balls
Big-time though .an players will think twice before signing here

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Remember when he withdrew his application to coach the club? Even clowns don't want to join this circus.

Just playing hard to get. That guy is made for the Warriors.

I will never ever forget that imbecile forgetting to bring on Jason Taumalolo off the bench against Australia a few years back. Literally the best player in league and he forgot to use him? Absolute idiot of gigantic proportions. A perfect fit for the Warriors. Match made in heaven.

I mean there are clowns, but this guy takes it to another level. Came highly recommended from Kearney if I remember correctly.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Been a bad but more sad season. I think after all these years of being continually let down, my enthusiasm is waning. This coach ranks up there with Bluey in terms of incompetence and a mule headed attitude.

Be very surprised if this season's performance doesn't drop the membership numbers even further and can't see much changing next year if there are no personnel changes.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Think there have been ‘worse’ seasons - 2000, 2004, 2012 all still hurt but following each of those there was a spark, a glimmer of hope.

This year, something died inside and I’m just worried it can’t be fixed.

So right now - while it’s raw, this one feels like the worst yet.

I agree with the term sad.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
The lack of obvious hope and expectation could be the best thing, really.

2000, 2004 and 2012 did come after very good seasons ('04 - made the Preliminary Final in '03, 12 made the Grand Final in '11) or at least promising signs ('00 won the last four games of '99).

Autex taking 100% control could be one of the central things the club needs to get back on track or it could be meh. I'd say it'll be somewhere in the middle.

Certainly, we won't see season tickets for $199 or whatever they were again...

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
I think the worst thing about this season is there isn't a hopeful signing or positive signs from the team itself for next season.

This is exactly it. The worst part is that there is no way anything is going to change for the next 2 seasons. Our coach and ageing players are on long contracts.

Same coach, same players. Probably the same stupid game plans. Don't see how anything is going to change.

Reactions: bruce

Chats271

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 9, 2017
The only thing that SUCKS more than us right now is BONNIE ROTTEN, but I forgive her, cause she is, well...... HOT!

Ahahahahaha 😂😂😂 you win
Only thing I'll add is, its kinda of her job to suck. The Warriors....... Not so much.... 😆

This season was Painful, Yes. I think we have been through some worse ones however.
The thing that gets me though is there's no light at the end of the tunnel so to speak of. No off season signings, hard to see how things will get any better next year

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I’m hanging my hat on Brian Smith pulling the strings harder - my take away from the Forum was that he is driving the new ‘game model’ idea and will be influencing selection and playing style more. I might be wrong.
You could be right. I thought it was impossible for SK to invent another buzz word.

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 15, 2017
It could look that way.
To me it looks like they are preparing for a
Major sweep out . .or maybe I'm being hopefull .
A major sweep out is the best case scenario, and i dont think your being hopeful, from what im hearing Autex arent the type to sit around on their hands or twiddeling their thumbs, i think something big is coming but might not be what we expect..

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings