General Will you continue to support the Warriors?

Will you continue to support the Warriors?

• GOTTA HAVE FAITH HURR DURR

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Yes - at a severely reduced intensity

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • No - not until 2017

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • No - never again

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
noel1944

noel1944

Pretty simple question.

I actually think I'm done. My support of this club been hanging from a thread for about a year now and now I think I'm done. I don't enjoy watching us play. I haven't enjoyed it since 2011. I've been a fan since I was a kid and now I think five years of solid, pathetic SHIT is enough to kill my love of the Warriors. All they do is make me angry. I might watch a game here and there, but at this point I just can't justify making watching this absolute crap any sort of a priority.

Can't wait to hear about "We don't know what went wrong" "Some individual lapses hurt us" and "I thought *player X, probably Jazz* went well for us" to be trotted out in the presser. You know the cliches are coming, but you know nothing, NOTHING will change.

I wish the team the best of luck with everything they do, but for me, I've had enough. At least until something massive changes.

RIP Faith 2K16
Jeez the Warriors make it hard to keep the faith, since Campion and Luck, with the notable exception of Mannering, our team has become the 3 stooges of the NRL making schoolkid errors and showing no guts under the slightest pressure. The Club needs to have a broom put through it from the top down and restructure for success. Softness = what we have today. Absolute Bloody Rubbish.
Noel Andrews

Reactions: 1 users
way2sharp

way2sharp

Yes.
The club is more than the current players or administration.
It is about being part of something.
We have had hard times and good, but no question about supporting....I mean who else would you support?

warriors4eva

quite poetic in last weeks australian papers

the warriors are the nrls version of the super league ! where players go to retire

another season, big dreams, turning to custard so soon !

Rotang

Rotang

I have always watched Rugby and League. I stopped supporting the Hurricanes a few years ago... and never looked back. :D and now I rarely watch Rugby.

If I stop watching the Warriors, I might have to stop watching league! That's not going to happen. One day we'll come right. I thought that was this year. But maybe next year. :rolleyes:

• Haha
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Yes.
The club is more than the current players or administration.
It is about being part of something.
We have had hard times and good, but no question about supporting....I mean who else would you support?
This.

I've been supporting the Warriors for many years and as long as I love Rugby League, The Warriors will be my team.

It's too bad my team sucks ass at the moment but I will support them to the Premiership or the spoon.

Reactions: 2 users
Sledge

Sledge

This.

I've been supporting the Warriors for many years and as long as I love Rugby League, The Warriors will be my team.

It's too bad my team sucks ass at the moment but I will support them to the Premiership or the spoon.

Prob the spoon before the premiership........

way2sharp

way2sharp

Prob the spoon before the premiership........

In our history we have played twice for the Grand Final winners rings.
We have never played a game that would cause us to be wooden spooners if we lost.
We won't be playing for the spoon this year either.
Probably will play the Eels to determine who gets 8th in round 26.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Silver lining - Us, Manly and Brisbane are the only teams in the NRL not to have won the wooden spoon. I'd say that makes us one of the top three teams in the history of rugby league. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
James W

James W

I will support this team until the day I die.

But knowing my luck, it'll be the season after I die that they win a premiership. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Juju

At this point its more enduring them than supporting them - but I'll keep enduring them, although I don't know why...

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Quite depressing reading all this isnt it? Long time fans either packing it in, or considering lowering their passion in supporting the team. Cant blame anyone for feeling like that either. After the signings made, the positive vibes being sent through before the season kicked off, there was so much expectation. In reality the club has always been behind the rest of the clubs. Just look at our preseason game against the Dragons. What exactly has changed since then?

Not sure how the club will try to spin some positive vibes after the past couple of weeks, fans dont seem to be falling for it anymore.

Defining moment for the club right now. Things need to change. We cannot be the laughing stock of the NRL anymore.

Reactions: 4 users
mode81

mode81

It's tough being a Warriors fan, it's testing, brutal, depressing, it really is, no doubt about it.. But this club probably has the most resilient and staunchest supporters I've ever known to be fair. We'll have our day and be rewarded, we'll have our time in the sun if we get everything in order throughout the whole club first. Still a few issues to be ironed out obviously but I can sense a real cleanout after this season, it's long overdue. Too many overpaid underperformers.

Before the Warriors came along I supported Balmain Tigers, Raiders, Manly.. mostly because I loved keeping tabs on the Kiwi boys in those teams back in the days .Ever since the Warriors entered the Winfield Cup/NRL I could never ever bring myself to support another ozzy club against our club. It's just not in my heart.

We've been through the rough we're still going through it but it's the love of the team that will always pull me back. I think of the Auckland rep team at Carlaw Park when they never lost and I envisioned that happening with the Warriors. The Auckland/NZ Warriors in whatever incarnation I love the team and the name of our team. "The Warriors" is unique, it's encapsulating, it's something to be proud of. Just the name itself will always draw me to it.. "Warriors" sounds beautiful as a team name.. one day we will win a Premiership that's why most of us will always hang in there for dear life. The talent has always been there, just never the right person to harness it to it's full potential.. In the most brutal comp in the world a Minor Premiership and two GF appearances is massively understated.. these are monumental achievements from a club that's underachieved for two decades.

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
I have and will also support the Warriors the team and the club.
Yes I would love them to win more and to have a GF victory or 2.
Yes I get frustrated as hell with the players, get annoyed with coaches, turn the TV off when they play like crap but I will continue to support them.
The EPL team I have supported for 30 plus years were terrible for a very long time but I didn't care. I still supported them.
Even in the bad times I am still proud to support the Warriors. That's what real supporters do.
I will be at the game on Saturday in New Plymouth and then back up at Mt Smart for the next game wearing my Warriors Jersey with pride.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave Brough

I am a rugby league retard, I will always follow them until I end up hanging myself.:eek: Seriously .[/QUOTEW WhatUOTE="Centurion, post: 586476, member: 4538"]Will never, ever stop supporting them! End of story!
At this point its more enduring them than supporting them - but I'll keep enduring them, although I don't know why...
What else would you watch Rugby .? No thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaguegod

Leaguegod

They are getting Campion in to fight one warrior a day until they toughen up, he is fighting supporters too! and then he is fighting ISIS, watch out.

• Haha
Sup42

Sup42

Have we ever had so much dissent and lack of care factor from a Warriors playing group ?

Does this lot top the legendary alledged group who under Mathew Elliot decided to change the game plan in the tunnel ?

That rumor was stirred up by some pretty solid 'sauces close to the club'....even if you don't believe it (sitting on the fence here) Matt Elliot lost the dressing room.

Club fired him in the 2000's fashion....whereby you get the chance to "resign (wot a farkn joke that was) and you get paid out on the basis you agree to sign a serious Gag order......hullo'O....drug scandal (not included in his terms) sees Elliot prepared to take a shot at the Warriors (New evidence not otherwise subject to previous agreements.

Elijah Taylor takes pot shots at his team mates after leaving.....this is a dude labelled Marquee....and roundly ridiculed as some kind of hall monitor...school prefect....teachers pet figure.

Well people, you reap what you sew, the reason players like Taylor and Benry ( two small the both of em) rate with all the coaching Ghosts of Warriors past and Warriors present....is that many of the bigger more talented people in the organisation....are....aresholes....coach killers....bludgers....frauds.

Now ET may have just been the ole bitter ex employee syndrome.....

How do you explain Lewis Brown also coming out and taking shots at the club ?
Lewis is not a media whore, that was never his style as we knew him, and he had to be pretty pissed at the playing culture to take some shots.

Agnatius Paasi delivered the same speech about escaping the Warriors very own attempt at repping some Kinda Compton.

Gangstas Paradise.... I give you a reformed parolee Mr Packer....(that cu** gave me the stink eye at a Warriors game when I approached him with my kid....I'd go old man, what kind of wannabe maori staunches out his elders with kids in tow ? fark you fatso my hands and legs are faster and more acurate than yours piss pants).

There are those on this site who could hold me to that sort of talk (people who know the players).....but honestly I know what I'm good at. ..do these buggers have any inclination of what it really takes to be good at their skill sets ?

End rant feels good to get that off your chest. This old war horse is so angry with the parasitic insects we have wearing warrior jerseys I'd love Dean Lonergan to set up a fight for life event along the lines of #keep the faith versus the brat pack

What NRL team has so many ex players prepared to criticize them after they leave ?

Says a lot about where the problems lie with this lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JoeyJohns

Quite depressing reading all this isnt it? Long time fans either packing it in, or considering lowering their passion in supporting the team. Cant blame anyone for feeling like that either. After the signings made, the positive vibes being sent through before the season kicked off, there was so much expectation. In reality the club has always been behind the rest of the clubs. Just look at our preseason game against the Dragons. What exactly has changed since then?

Not sure how the club will try to spin some positive vibes after the past couple of weeks, fans dont seem to be falling for it anymore.

Defining moment for the club right now. Things need to change. We cannot be the laughing stock of the NRL anymore.

Makes me curious as to what they'll spin in the coming off-season to 2017. They're PR machines surely must know this and not go down the same hole as this off-season (2016)promotions. Either way it'll be funny initially.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Yeah I'm with Fazz. I think at some point it becomes too much of a weekly toll on your emotions, especially given everything else life throws at you. The enjoyment of my week almost used to be decided by how well the Warriors went. If we lost I'd avoid most league talk shows (which I love watching), until the next week rolled around and I'd hope for a win so I could return to the league community without feeling completely embarrassed. Those sorts of feelings are well gone now though. I've stopped watching games with any real intent. If a player does something even remotely intelligent I'm surprised. When Kata threw an impossible pass on the opposition's goal line with the game on the line, which got intercepted and ended up resulting in a Pamfer runaway try I just laughed, as did one of my mates who is also a member of this forum. That's what I expect now. I expect stupid footballers with no brains representing this club. I take no pride in it, but that's what this club is. It services a bunch of union rejects in a union mad country and we all stand up and applaud mediocrity because we have no other other club to support in NZ - yet we all love rugby league. But IMO this club is as poorly run as the Blues, with players just as retarded. The only difference is, we don't have several decades of dominance to at least reminisce about. I am convinced thus club is pissing into the wind with everything it tries and it will be liquidated before it ever wins a premiership.

In summary, yeah I still support the club. But if it folded tomorrow I'd love rugby league no less than I do now. I'll still watch every game and watch every mid-week show. The Warriors are simply the team based where I grew up, and hence get my support, but my love for the game itself far outweighs any feelings I have left for the club.

Reactions: 8 users