General Will you continue to support the Warriors?

Will you continue to support the Warriors?

• GOTTA HAVE FAITH HURR DURR

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Yes - at a severely reduced intensity

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • No - not until 2017

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • No - never again

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Miket12

Miket12

Because I think I descended from St. Jude - the Patron Saint of Lost Causes

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Suppose I will coz I'm too old and pig headed to simply let go and move on. Pre Warriors it was Broncos to the death and they seldom let me down.
When the Warriors got into the comp despite all efforts to keep us out it became Warriors all the way. Some days I think Arthurson & Quayle may have had a point but I'll be buggerd if I'll just slink off and leave this team to fuck up what our league experience should be. There's too much invested along the way and I'm going to stick around until the Warriors bring me what the Broncs did. Because they can you know.

Reactions: 1 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Probably, but I'm like Johnson, brain dead. I turn on the game and wait for the inevitable to happen. Got so inured to it now that it's pretty ho hum. Even a win, like the Drags doesn't bring out the joy anymore

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

I'm driving 5 hours to New Plymouth next weekend to watch them....does that answer your question whether I'll still support them?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

I was but I will watch it on TV. I thought about driving up but I've changed my mind after yesterday. Sad but I am really fading fast when it comes to The Warriors. In fact I just deleted the email from the club about getting tickets as part of my membership package that I have been hanging onto

Eccawarrior

Eccawarrior

I'm glad I don't have to watch it live as I'm usually at work, it's hard enough watching them fast forwarding the scrims, goals, replays of the other team scoring, line drop outs, etc. It was great watching them at the Central Coast and I will watch them when they come down here to Newcastle but so many frustrating games it makes me so angry

FAN

FAN

My wife and I used to look forward to every game, same with my parents, but TBH, I don't even watch them live anymore. I have lost count of all the Sky tv remotes I have smashed it's beyond the level of getting free ones sent to me anymore. So we starting to do the MySky tape thing, but even now, we just fast forward that at the 30 percent speed, or just watch highlights on NRL.COM.

Over the years I have gone to live games, brought every years jersey, flags, shorts, you name it, but I stopped doing that when they appointed Cappy as coach, and sold or gave away everything bar one flag that sits in my garage. The fact is, there are far to many DUMBS in this club, always has been, always will be. In 2002 we got away with it from pure luck, throwing the ball around, the NRL had never seen anything like it. We were minor premiers only because points were taken off the cheaters. The Roosters come grand Final day had worked us out, and we got shut down. 2011, in my opinion we had our best ever team, and we deserved to be in the GF, but were beaten on the day by a far better experienced side.

Graham Lowe is 100% correct in what he said a few weeks back, but most on here knocked him for speaking out. This Club, has a Bro culture that will never change, and no coach can coach that out of them. Do you really think Craig Bellamy, Bennett and the likes would RISK their careers to come and coach this out fit......your off your rocker if you do.

I said on here at the pre season, we would finish up 9th spot, I also said Luke was here for a pay check ( got shit for that ) I said Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will wreak his career coming here, and i've said from the very very start Cappy can't coach. Do I know it all ?? HELL NO !! BUT what I do know is this club will never win a GF in my life time unless you get ride of the culture that is the WARRIORS.

So, like the past several months, we will watch/follow from a very long distance, because at the end of the day, i'm a fucken idiot, and if I had half a brain, i'd take up watching Soccer, because even that game is more exciting than watching this mob right now.

I voted YES but at a severely reduced intensity. Even that was a hard decision, but the option of FUCK these guy's wasn't available.

Swanley

Swanley

Yes, basically my team as Balmain no longer play....but I'll not get up at stupid o'clock anymore to watch them live.

Reactions: 1 user
mrblonde

mrblonde

Well, I've got the season ticket so it seems a waste to give up now.

And I'd never stop watching the Warriors anyway, whether I supported them or not.

I'm over the "but the Warriors have such a talented roster, how the fuck can the coach not get them working!" thing. I think we have a roster with a lot of potential. But potential works both ways - the potential to play really well and the potential to fuck up. For instance, by now our premier playmaker should be able to control games better than he does by, you know, doing simple shit like telling the team that they're 6 pts behind with 20 minutes to go so let's not freaking panic and do dumb offloads and stuff. I guess he can't say that, can he, if he's one of the players making those dumb off-loads.

Game control is to me the No 1 problem - when we're just that bit behind, the team has a collective shitfit and feels they have to panic, no matter the time left or the field position.

A few people on here hate the "pat on the head" thing that happens when a players stuffs up. That on-field stuff doesn't bother me, personally. What does is that you get the impression that nobody calls anybody out on that balls-up during the video session etc so it's never rectified. That dumb off-load Kata did? He'll probably try it again soon - and the thing is, next time he'll get away with it and a try will result. So rather than thinking "Shit, that was lucky! Probably should see who's there before I pass, eh!", he'll think "Hey! New trick! I'll do that every chance I get!"

My nightmare with the Warriors is Wayne Bennett or some proven, well-respected coach coming over to Mt Smart and resigning at the end of - or during - his first season, basically shrugging his shoulders and saying "'Taint nothin' I can do with those po' simple-minded boys!"

Reactions: 2 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Yes, but definitely no more memberships or merchandise or any of that. Strangely, the team is getting great crowds this year, the bottom line has probably never looked better at warrior HQ. Be another big one in New Plymouth this weekend.

Still like following the NRL, but you’ve got to a have a team, or it becomes meaningless. The season has so far to go as well….

Lets Gone

history says we will do well during the origin period, they will give us confidence, then just smash our hopes at the end of the season. Coaches response we have young players and will be better for it next year with all our new signings, ending with we need more jono wrights in the team....

• Haha
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Im like gREVUS these days. Im mostly numb on game day. I use to get quite excited. Scream and yell at the telly but that doesnt happen anymore. Kinda sad really but its almost as if I expect them to lose. Now I only go to games to see old friends and make new ones.

As for continuing to support the club. Of course. I absolutely love league and sure as fuck aint supporting an Aussie team. Patriotism is what led me to this team and why I will die a Warriors fan. This club really is my only option league wise.

Right now the team have been in a slump since 2012 and it now looks like we are looking at our 5th year of rubbish. Its easy to understand the frustration and to be honest you'd have to have rocks in your head not to disappointed at the team in some way. I just keep telling myself that the good times will come. As they always do. End of the day its only a game and my life doesnt depend on it. At times my sanity does but its pretty easy to step away and refocus on whats really important like family, friends, work or painting that fence the missus has been nagging you about for ages.

Theres also this forums community that helps ease the pain. Times like these its more of a support group than a fan forum lol.

I'll always be a fan. Too much time, money and emotion invested in them to give up and thats not my style anyway. It'll get better guys. That much I can guarantee. When it will is the real question...

Reactions: 8 users

warriors4eva

i support the warriors and nsw....what the f@ck is wrong with me lol

but to be honest the support for the blues is seriously down the last few years.....if daley picks the same team as last year im gone