Social Official Music Thread

Time to get a bit self-indulgent. On Saturday, my brother and I flew down to Palmerston North to attend the funeral of my mum's last remaining siblings, her brother Grant. After the service we drove down to Wellington and then caught a flight back to Auckland. Got home exhausted so didn't watch the game.... and given the result, I haven't watched any replays.... except to say I'm really proud of what the team has achieved this year (despite Saturday's result).

Grant developed Alzheimer's a few years ago and had to go into care 18 months ago when it got to much for his wife, Joy, to care for him. He and Joy had been married for 62 years. Talking to her after the funeral, she said the hardest thing was seeing him look at her and him not recognising who she was.... and not remembering how much he loved her. It reminded me of this song.....

Time to get a bit self-indulgent. On Saturday, my brother and I flew down to Palmerston North to attend the funeral of my mum's last remaining siblings, her brother Grant. After the service we drove down to Wellington and then caught a flight back to Auckland. Got home exhausted so didn't watch the game.... and given the result, I haven't watched any replays.... except to say I'm really proud of what the team has achieved this year (despite Saturday's result).

Grant developed Alzheimer's a few years ago and had to go into care 18 months ago when it got to much for his wife, Joy, to care for him. He and Joy had been married for 62 years. Talking to her after the funeral, she said the hardest thing was seeing him look at her and him not recognising who she was.... and not remembering how much he loved her. It reminded me of this song.....

I guess as people get older dementia is becoming more common, especially with old league and rugby players.

I would not like to go like that although if I did I probably wouldn't know much about it. the lack of dignity would be the hardest. I have seen some people close to me go, just terrible.

Have you seen the AI's of Pac singing shit like Lose yourself, or Em singing hit em up? Even just all the other AI's of passed artists such as Juice Wrld singing shit?

Crazy thing this AI.
I haven't seen many many AI songs from dead artists besides a post of Bon Scott singing Back in Black. I've seen a few holograms in concert.

Just bought ticket for Steve Vai on Halloween night next week (at Wellington Opera House), should be a groovy show, looking forward to seeing his meaty new dragon guitar in action!

Last saw him over 10 years ago when he did a G3 show with Joe Satriani & Steve Lukather, guitar wankery at it's best hah!

Got quite the list of shows on the horizon that I'm going to, hopefully WWIII doesn't screw this up after the calamity that was 2020 (and the 6 or 7 cancelled gigs I had that year)...

October - Beastwars & Steve Vai
November - Limp Bizkit & Highly Suspect
December - Blindspott
March - QOTSA & Blink-182
September - Iron Maiden (with Killswitch Engage)

screen_shot_2022-10-05_at_10.21.32_am.jpg

That Beatles song is a lot better than others I've heard.

Most AI songs generated from scratch I assume would be similar. The best way to describe them would be safe. Create a melody and a catchy chorus.

To be honest most of the others I've come across are AC/DC songs if Bon Scott sang specific songs on Back in Black. Those come off quite weird, especially the production as the AI voice didn't sound like it fitted right in the mix. Sounds like it was too low.

That Beatles song is a lot better than others I've heard.

Most AI songs generated from scratch I assume would be similar. The best way to describe them would be safe. Create a melody and a catchy chorus.

To be honest most of the others I've come across are AC/DC songs if Bon Scott sang specific songs on Back in Black. Those come off quite weird, especially the production as the AI voice didn't sound like it fitted right in the mix. Sounds like it was too low.
It’s often the voice inflection and tone that are the AI weaknesses when creating from scratch and it’s almost like they have a checklist of well known traits that they try to unnaturally cram in. Have heard a few ‘new’ AI songs such as Nirvana and Joni Hendrix and it’s messy as. Think in this case it’s more of an AI enhanced song taking samples,cleaning them up and expanding etc.

Back