General Will the Warriors make the 8?

Will the Warriors make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I can see what wallace is saying, as I often remember that year with a similar view. Despite the Dogs cheating etc, it's hard to totally forget they were still runaway comp leaders. Either way, 17 wins and 7 losses, plus a GF appearance...definitely our most successful season.

Reactions: Nekminit
I can see what wallace is saying, as I often remember that year with a similar view. Despite the Dogs cheating etc, it's hard to totally forget they were still runaway comp leaders. Either way, 17 wins and 7 losses, plus a GF appearance...definitely our most successful season.
when you look back on the last decade, it really has been shocking. storm and dogs and even our own team missing the 8 from docked points (who knows what could have happened that season). these salary cap issues have screwed with 50 percent of the decade

Warriors fans are neither optimists or pessimists they're masocists, beaten, bound and with a billiard ball in their mouths, afterall no right thinking person would do this to themselves every year.

Reactions: Hitman82 and Inruin
Let's get serious.
Real serious.

The Warriors will make the 8, thanks to our lord and saviour Konrad Hurrell becoming the focus of our attack. He will never pass to the mana-free Fish, and will average two tries per game as we stumble into a 7th place finish.

Ah the Rationalist....the Selfish Gene will See Hurrell imortalised whether he passes the Ball or not....ergo if he passes It..... this Altruistic act still reinforces his superiority over the rest.

Warriors fans are neither optimists or pessimists they're masocists, beaten, bound and with a billiard ball in their mouths, afterall no right thinking person would do this to themselves every year.

Bring out the Gimp

Reactions: Hitman82

Buck777

The reason I think the warriors have a good shot at making the 8 is not so much them, it's the patchy performance of other teams. For those that watched the bulldogs/tigers match other than flashes of brilliance from Inu and Marshall it was a very ordinary game with a very ordinary completion rate. We are not alone giving mixed performances.

I'm just begging we make it, as this year, is the year we could do some serious damage in the finals. Imagine getting to play Souths week 2, Sharks/Bulldogs for a GF spot. Then mercy upon mercy, our old friend, Mrs News Limited in the GF. Thats my fantasy draw. God i hope we make the finals. As this year is a unique year, with teams we have a favourable history against high on the table. The higher we can get on the table has/will never be more crucial, though.

I think we make the top 8,and with a win at brisbane on Friday, and the closeness of the comp.who knows we could grab a top 6 spot.30 points should sneak us into 7th but who knows the random nature of this sport. we could finish 9th or 10th.at this point it's all up in the air.if we win another game on the road,and all the rest of are home games we should be safe.its going to be another, roller coaster ride for us warrior fans,we had better strap ourselves in but i wouldn't want it any other way.apart from being minor premiers that is ;)

Reactions: Nekminit
On current form i think we have a genuine chance at making the top 8, obviously the higher up the better!! Beat the Broncos this weekend and the confidence in the squad will sky rocket imo cos they are 1 of the bogey teams of last season. Its 1 game at a time now imo treat everyone as a must win and the Warriors should be ok.....

.........Nekminit

I think if we can build on this weeks game we're a good chance. If we leak a bucket of points again (win or loss) I think it'll be a tough road. Realistically, a 50/50 record from here could see us squeeze into the 8 which is easily achievable. I think the Broncos are a bit vulnerable right now, more so than earlier in the year. Tigers look suss, and the Dragons have been mostly terrible this year. I think we'll make it...just. But could end up as cannon fodder for the Dogs/Manly in week one. Any team other than those two, and I think we're even odds to progress.

I think we can take the Dogs as well ( on our best day ) dunno about Manly I reckon the Sea eagles are the toughest team going regardless of the storms position on the table and they are probably looing at another grand final

the warriors will make the 8 this year. they get better and better as seasons go on. the only way i can see them missing out is if we loose key injuries say the likes of Mateo or Johnson getting sidelined would really hurt us

Quite confident we'll make it. We'll be in the bottom half of the 8 which would see us play Sharks/Bunnies/Cowboys week 1 in a must win match. Hopefully we finish above the cowboys because there is absolutely no chance we beat them at DFS.

A win this week would be absolutely massive, im not sure if it is neccesarily a must win game this weekend, but it would be huge. The books have had us as a top 6 favourite to win the comp all year despite our poor showings in parts.

I genuinely only believe there are four teams better than us in the comp and we are in the next tier. A Pseudo contender of sorts.

Tier 1:
Storm
Doggies
Manly
Broncs

Tier 2:
Sharks
Cowboys
Bunnies
Warriors

And thats how I think the top 8 is gonna pan out anyways, that would see us playing Cronulla at shark park week 1. Tough task, but as we have shown definitely not impossible.

Reactions: Dankokoro 2.0