General Will the Warriors last for the remainder of 2020?

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Surely Cameron George has to be the next twat out now.

Annoyed the shit out of Shaun Johnson and his agent needlessly.
Screwed up by reappointing Steven Kearney for three years.
Screwed up knowing the nationality/visa/passport status of two players.

I refuse to believe, given the work everyone's apparantly put in, that the Warriors management wouldn't be 100% clued up on all their players' eligibility for re-entry into New Zealand. Surely to God the first thing you ask as "Okay, we're going to Australia to re-start the NRL but if it gets called off, can all the team come back?"

D.U.M.B

I'm sure it'll all get sorted but, gee, that's kind of inept. Imagine if one of those guys suddenly has to get back to New Zealand due to some family tragedy..

You're absolutely right. It's disgusting that nobody at NZ Warriors did any due diligence on any of their senior players before they left for Australia.

Now that some of them could potentially be locked out of New Zealand and away from their families and friends after this season has ended is sickening when you think of sacrifice they're already making being over there. I blame CEO. Cameron George is a disgraceful human being. 🤬

jonesy101

jonesy101

When they get to the border they can just say they are Avatar film crew and they should get through.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
pompower

pompower

Is it just me, or am I missing something. How is this the fault of the Warriors Management?
What would the bandwagon jumpers prefer to have happened, have him stay in NZ for this season so he doesn't have to come back in?

He's away until the end of the season anyhow... by then there is a possibility that restrictions may have eased, or that dispensation can be rec'd, especially given the isolation bubble circumstances that they are being kept in.

So what did I miss that the club could have done anything about?

What I would've preferred is for them to not make assumptions. They should know the residency/visa status of their players, and with the prospect of us basing ourselves in Australia being something that was proposed a while in advance of us actually doing it, I think management (or somebody in the organisation) should've made the necessary arrangements with immigration for players to come back.

Reactions: 5 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

What I would've preferred is for them to not make assumptions. They should know the residency/visa status of their players, and with the prospect of us basing ourselves in Australia being something that was proposed a while in advance of us actually doing it, I think management (or somebody in the organisation) should've made the necessary arrangements with immigration for players to come back.

Exactly that. This is yet another piece that you can get will played as "Inept Warriors Management" in the Aussie media, who are already hugely unimpressed by the Warriors not crawling over broken glass to sign Mr Not Coached NRL Since 2015 Toovey or Mr Been Turned Down Twice By Gold Coast Walker and Mr Also Been Turned Down Twice By Gold Coast Walker.

If they'd lost their training/playing gear you can bet the Management would be damn well on top of that, arranging Canterbury special manufacturing pronto, fast couriers etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

Aunty Helen would have made it happen. Whichever party adopts a policy to allow Australian and island born Warriors exemptions to get back into NZ will get my vote. Heaven for bid that I have to vote for Bish Tamaki’s wife’s party.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Five&Last

Five&Last

Is it just me, or am I missing something. How is this the fault of the Warriors Management?
What would the bandwagon jumpers prefer to have happened, have him stay in NZ for this season so he doesn't have to come back in?

He's away until the end of the season anyhow... by then there is a possibility that restrictions may have eased, or that dispensation can be rec'd, especially given the isolation bubble circumstances that they are being kept in.

So what did I miss that the club could have done anything about?
It’s the fact that they didn’t know. How can you not think that screams incompetence?

Either that or they did know and didn’t disclose it to the players for the sake of fielding a team, I don’t know which is worse.

They should’ve been way ahead of the curve here, realising that this could be a potential problem and discussing options with the government back in May.

Reactions: 1 users
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

I may be a bit stupid here but were the eligibility entry rules in place before the team left for Oz?

And what sort of residency do these two have? Obviously no NZ passport nor a PR, so they must have been playing on seasonal work visas or 90 day tourist visas which would reset every time they left NZ.

Totally agree Aunty Helen would have sorted this out PDQ. Mt Albert girl.

I blame ILG, probably the real reason he resigned.

Reactions: 1 users
GeneralPayten

GeneralPayten

why cant the dumbfuck government take into consideration the situation and just test and isolate the boys for 14 days like everyone else.

slimy jagoff “expats” who have been living in london can sneak through when it suits them but fucking Katoa is a national threat. politicians can eat dick.

Reactions: 1 user
GeneralPayten

GeneralPayten

Yeah we're they planning on leaving Karl Lawton and Jamayne Tounua-Brown over there for the summer? If they kick up enough of a stink they should get their exemption.

I volunteer to look after Karl Lawton’s girlfriend during this very difficult period. Karl should stay in Australia for as long as a vaccine is available. Even then he should think twice before making the dangerous journey back into NZ.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
why cant the dumbfuck government take into consideration the situation and just test and isolate the boys for 14 days like everyone else.

slimy jagoff “expats” who have been living in london can sneak through when it suits them but fucking Katoa is a national threat. politicians can eat dick.
This will be a blanket immigration policy for the type of visa they hold.
The warriors shouldn't have too much issue getting an exemption or getting another work visa etc if they put their case to INZ.
Someone at the club should have been on top of this situation with the knowledge they have players in the team on work visa restictions.

Reactions: 3 users
Diesel

Diesel

That is disgusting and it lays squarely on the Warriors management if they cannot get back in. Also, they should have work visas so I can’t see why the can’t return, but I’m based in OZ so I’m not sure about NZ