General Will the Warriors last for the remainder of 2020?

Tragic

Tragic

It's a difficult situation but at the end of the day do we want players who can't make the team and winning top priority during the season?
Put another way, what would the type of competitors were need in our team (e.g. cam smith) do? They would find a way to play.
It feels like they aren't here to win they are here for the money so the sacrifice isn't so great for them.
They are free to go home but it's a black mark on them imho and despite what their coach and teammates say I bet they think the same.

Reactions: 7 users
Fazz

Fazz

I think that's where serious competition for spots would be a
Motivating factor. .Fusitua an Ken are safe this season
Paasi an kingV might have shot themselves in the foot
I'm beginning to doubt the Adam Blair situation.He is a professional footballer.

That's the thing for me. He might have periods of being absolute trash on the field, but I've never heard about him bludging at training, generally the opposite. I also can't remember seeing anything from him about wanting to head home. Granted most of his adult life has been in Australia, but I think he does hold himself to a high standard off the field.

If we're going to be stuck in a shitty spot for the next two years with covid, I think it would be madness to move him on now. He's past his best on the field, but he's an old head that probably brings a lot of calm to camp.

But whatever, current management seems keen to pinch a penny or get their names in the headlines regardless of how badly it bites us in the arse. Shaun Johnson's contract playing out in the public. Kearney being axed in the middle of a pandemic with no (public) succession plan. Green and Beale being publicly told they're cut for 2021. Blair being told to retire.

Fundamentally I don't disagree with anything beyond Blair. But the way all of these things have played out has been laughable. We look like utter fucking muppets. To me, that's killing our chances of recruiting anybody decent more than our poor form or lack of coach.

Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Im going to be a total cock here .
An I absolutely agree with you except it's Ken an Fusitua
An they are both special

Fusitua is totally replaceable for me - he had one year where he looked good catching cut-out passes and kicks from Johnson, but even Darryl Halligan would have scored the same tries he did. It's not like we've looked so much better this year since he came back and replaced Beale/Pompey on the wing.

Reactions: 5 users

kurgal

it boggles my mind how acceptable people find players just quitting mid season like this.
you and people like me are in the minority unfortunately.
family is of course important but that shouldn't be used as an excuse for any and all kind of actions.

I tend to agree with you - and by rough analogy, soldiers in the army on deployment overseas don't really get to come home for family reasons, the expectation is that they will be away from family for a certain length of time, and a degree of sacrifice in that regard is expected.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

We need players that will not leave us...ergo with Covid that should mean more Aussies.

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

it boggles my mind how acceptable people find players just quitting mid season like this.
you and people like me are in the minority unfortunately.
family is of course important but that shouldn't be used as an excuse for any and all kind of actions.
What boggles my mind is that many dont see how this move is probably the end of those players careers.

They will need a Vaccine for Covid to be seen as worth investing in moving forward.

Why would anyone risk taking players next season that get home sick?

You would be nuts to use any of them ever again, since the future for the next year and probably the year after is going to be based in Australia.

I don’t judge the players, but I hope they realise they are gorne.

Reactions: 9 users
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Agree with sup42.

I totally appreciate the impact of being away from your loved ones or young children, mental health, etc. But a league career is pretty short and returning home allows someone else to take their spot. They really need to tough it out. Unless of course money isn't a factor for them and they are just happy to go and find some other career... In which case... I guess we don't want such complacent players at the club anyway?

Reactions: 7 users
Sledge

Sledge

The best thing that can happen for the Warriors is we unearth some fast speedy Wingers going cheap that will replace Ken and David

bangbros18

bangbros18

Will they last the remainder of the seaon? Well yes they will do but fuck me, make your fans and your family proud about your performance and your sacrifices! I think they should all pack their bags and go home, what a bunch of soft cu**s!!!! No one is accountable because no one can actually look each other in the eye and say, hey mate your performance was shit, so what the fuck are you goimg to do about it.

The more I see sheck now the more I dont believe hes the right captain, hes a great player dont get me wrong, but he can't tell any of his players how shit they performed and what the fuck are they going to do about it?

I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop bending over and taking it up the arse week in week out lads!

You guys are shit and u till you can all sit there and tell each other how shit you have become they nothing will change!!!!!!

See you all next week.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Didn’t know where to put this- but media reporting the nrl are looking at giving us all home games next year.

If it happens (won’t hold my breath) I hope we have a coach and team who can take advantage of it...

That should work for us. The opposition will have to come over 2 weeks early and quarantine before the game. Should affect their fitness and mental health I'm sure.

We could win the comp

• Love
  • Haha

Old Sid

Didn’t know where to put this- but media reporting the nrl are looking at giving us all home games next year.

If it happens (won’t hold my breath) I hope we have a coach and team who can take advantage of it...
Can you imagine the lobbying going on behind the scenes by every other club...say yes to the cameras and thanks to the boys for this year, but no way to this suggestion for next. This is your opportunity PL to actually thank the Warriors and tell the nay-sayers to piss off. Oh, neutral referees for every game would help too please.

pompower

pompower

Might be in the minority, but, no thanks. The pity-party is pretty tired at this point and it'll only be a bone of contention for other clubs. Maybe a few more games throughout NZ like happens every season, but the all home games idea is a hard pass from me.

Would be pretty glorious if it happened and we won the comp though. The saltiness from Australian fans and media will sustain me for the rest of my years.

• Haha

Old Sid

Might be in the minority, but, no thanks. The pity-party is pretty tired at this point and it'll only be a bone of contention for other clubs. Maybe a few more games throughout NZ like happens every season, but the all home games idea is a hard pass from me.

Would be pretty glorious if it happened and we won the comp though. The saltiness from Australian fans and media will sustain me for the rest of my years.
You could start by NOT making us take a home game in the Magic Round away from home...no brainer.
Then you can select every Sydney team to play their designated home game vs Warriors in regional NZ (preferably with no direct flight to that town/city)...Invercargill, Blenheim, Nelson, Hastings, Keri Keri etc...you got the idea.
All 12 of our designated home games at Mt Smart
And finally perhaps 2, 2 and 2 other games extra in Auckland, Wellington and ChCh for Cows, Knights, Titans, Storm, Raiders n Broncs

Warriors to get to select ref and bunker refs from pool before other games allocated.

Great for developing the game in NZ too.

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Yeah but only if North Sydney Bears buy the team and based them on Central Coast. I'm sorry but I can't see that ever happening. What NRL needs to do not just for NZ Warriors but also for their all teams currently situated outside of Sydney is to be given a bigger salary cap exemption and a larger travel allowance including a lot longer turn arounds, like they do in AFL for their teams located outside of Melbourne. Until then we will always be up against it as an NRL side and why I personally can't blame any of our players for wanting to walk out of this club. Go Warriors. ☹

Reactions: 3 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Just give us some big games like the Anzac game against Melbourne storm.

Bushman

Bushman

Contributor
You could start by NOT making us take a home game in the Magic Round away from home...no brainer.
Then you can select every Sydney team to play their designated home game vs Warriors in regional NZ (preferably with no direct flight to that town/city)...Invercargill, Blenheim, Nelson, Hastings, Keri Keri etc...you got the idea.
All 12 of our designated home games at Mt Smart
And finally perhaps 2, 2 and 2 other games extra in Auckland, Wellington and ChCh for Cows, Knights, Titans, Storm, Raiders n Broncs

Warriors to get to select ref and bunker refs from pool before other games allocated.

Great for developing the game in NZ too.
Remember at the first magic round it was reported the "home" team got an extra $100,000 or something to that effect, hence why teams where happy to have a home game there. Probably not enough crowd numbers and not sure if mt smart field would be up to it but auckland magic round instead?

pompower

pompower

Remember at the first magic round it was reported the "home" team got an extra $100,000 or something to that effect, hence why teams where happy to have a home game there. Probably not enough crowd numbers and not sure if mt smart field would be up to it but auckland magic round instead?

You're onto something. Magic round at Eden Park next year, if logistics allow, makes all the sense in the world.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I tend to agree with you - and by rough analogy, soldiers in the army on deployment overseas don't really get to come home for family reasons, the expectation is that they will be away from family for a certain length of time, and a degree of sacrifice in that regard is expected.
Mate I've seen leave for family reasons denied for a fucking training exercise.

Missed more than a few xmas's, birthdays, funerals, all to serve.

Never had to weigh up the birth of a child though.

Tony Martin

Tony Martin

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users