General Why Are The Warriors Crowds So BAD!!

Jesbass_old

And what, prey, is wrong with Upper East?

Huh?

You looking at me?

I don't see anyone else here, so you must be looking at me?!?

Well, for starters, Lego_Man and DanKokoro are there...

Too far from the action. In the lower east, you can hear the impact and hear players get winded in the tackles that happen nearby. Plus it's easier to get the ref's attention with one of our "What do we think of the referee?" chants.

mrblonde_old

T-rue.

But does Lower East have anyone like the guy who yells out "Get 'em on side, ya muppet!" several times a game? (He also questions the touchies parentage on occassion too...)

Don't know his name or anything but when I hear that I know he's there.

I don't see the point in being close to the ref/touchies unless I have a gun or something to make it worthwhile.
I sometimes wish they wore black because there's a great chant in English football (to the tune of My Daring Clementine):
Who's the (expletive), Who's the (expletive),Who's the (expletive) in the black?

I also wish Cleary would comment after the game: "I've never commented on referees performances before and I'm not going to break a habit for that prat!"

Still remember the "Mander Sucks!" chant from I think it was a game in 2005...

Off topic: Anyone who was watching the Dragons/Manly game last night as opposed to following it via www.sportal.co.nz like I was...how much of a stuff-up was Harrigan's try ruling for Soward? The implication from everything I've read is that Stevie Wonder wouldn't have given the green light...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

T-rue.

But does Lower East have anyone like the guy who yells out "Get 'em on side, ya muppet!" several times a game? (He also questions the touchies parentage on occassion too...)

Don't know his name or anything but when I hear that I know he's there.

I don't see the point in being close to the ref/touchies unless I have a gun or something to make it worthwhile.
I sometimes wish they wore black because there's a great chant in English football (to the tune of My Daring Clementine):
Who's the (expletive), Who's the (expletive),Who's the (expletive) in the black?

I also wish Cleary would comment after the game: "I've never commented on referees performances before and I'm not going to break a habit for that prat!"

Still remember the "Mander Sucks!" chant from I think it was a game in 2005...

Off topic: Anyone who was watching the Dragons/Manly game last night as opposed to following it via www.sportal.co.nz like I was...how much of a stuff-up was Harrigan's try ruling for Soward? The implication from everything I've read is that Stevie Wonder wouldn't have given the green light...

I'm trying to remember which referee - I think it was Hayne - that heard one of our chants and actually paused what he was doing to turn and look at us. Such is the benefit of being closer to the field. ;)

Yep, Gasnier's try was such a knock on that Harrigan has been demoted indefinitely!

sebastian_old

I hope there's no square up for Manly against us for that bogus try they gave Gasnier.

playdaball_old

They got even with the try awarded from a fwd pass

DanKokoro_old

Well, for starters, Lego_Man and DanKokoro are there...

Too far from the action. In the lower east, you can hear the impact and hear players get winded in the tackles that happen nearby. Plus it's easier to get the ref's attention with one of our "What do we think of the referee?" chants.

haha hey we're cool...

We like the upper east cause there's plenty of free seats and you can move around, so we sit close to the which ever goal line the Warriors are attacking. Plus you get a real good view. But yeah it definitely lacks atmosphere.

Iafeta_old

haha hey we're cool...

We like the upper east cause there's plenty of free seats and you can move around, so we sit close to the which ever goal line the Warriors are attacking. Plus you get a real good view. But yeah it definitely lacks atmosphere.

Whatever rocks your boat.

Lego_Man_old

You do get a far more strategic view.

And if you're at the front of the stand you can still hear the big body contact, and see the players faces.

Jesbass_old

Can you make out the line markings from that far away? What about the flags and posts?

mrblonde_old

I can see everything perfectly well from where I am.

Unfortunately, that includes the Lion Red Rockettes...

Also I can hear the PA too well...