General Why Are The Warriors Crowds So BAD!!

DanKokoro_old

Location and parking is the most puss excuse out there

it is a bit.. even though i used it just before.. Parking is really good for like $5 or $10 and traffic in and out of the games isn't too bad. Mind you.. $10 for parking, $40 for a ticket, $20 food and beer and shit and it's getting up there. Spending that much and then watching them lose in pathetic fashion and then driving home in the rain and it's some times hard to muster the motivation to go again.

Ok so that was pretty much a worst case scenario but still.

Jesbass_old

I must have missed something courtesy of 12 seasons as a club member...but for how long have gate tickets cost $40? I remember them being $20 for lower East, with $10 for South...and possibly even $5 (or $10) for the Northern bank.

$40 is a lot...

Spence_old

yeah, $40 for Upper East/West and $35 for lower, I think. Either way it's around that much. North/South is $20 odd.

Magic Stick_old

Wana help the Warriors keep the likes of Manu Vatuvei ? Gate takings help

Yeah the weather has been mud...But thats what separates a fan from a fairweather fan

mrblonde_old

Yeah, that stand does look a mess, mind you that whole North Stand has turned to poop. I don't understand what the thinking is/was with the track area in front of the grass...

I guess it's the "concert" area for after-game stuff but I think Miss Very married Mr Ugly and they had a little girl Miss Very Ugly...

And of course, it's the end artists play at during the BDO and other concerts, so I guess it's gotta be easily movable/clearable.

Two more additions to my missive earlier:
6: Opposition. NRL stats can probably tell you which team gets the best crowds at Mt Smart, finals games not withstanding. The prevailing wisdom is that Manly is most Kiwis first or second team, due to Lowie and Ridgy and I'm not sure if that holds true but it makes sense that the Warriors v a Top 4 team like Gold Coast will get a better crowd than Warriors v Sharks.
7: Game importance. Same for every club, of course, but the crowds will turn up when the game's got some importance, be it for points/position or a player (ie even if the Broncos game didn't mean anything in terms of the Warriors season (or the Bronco's season) the crowd should still be huge if it's the official "Goodbye Pricey" game).

Yes, I know I used brackets within brackets. Saw "Inception" over the weekend and if you can have dreams within dreams, you should be able to have brackets within brackets, damnit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iafeta_old

it is a bit.. even though i used it just before.. Parking is really good for like $5 or $10 and traffic in and out of the games isn't too bad. Mind you.. $10 for parking, $40 for a ticket, $20 food and beer and shit and it's getting up there. Spending that much and then watching them lose in pathetic fashion and then driving home in the rain and it's some times hard to muster the motivation to go again.

Ok so that was pretty much a worst case scenario but still.

You blokes need to see some of the set ups here in Sydney. Parking is much the same. Food, beer, any sorts of drink and you pay through the nose.

Jesbass_old

Parking is $5...I guess it's $10 if you park in the stadium grounds, perhaps? (I'm so out of touch, lol.) You can get a gate ticket for $20 in the South stand, (wow, they really have gone up in price), and yeah...food and drink cost the earth, so take your own.

I normally take a bottle of Coke (or two). I had great fun taking my brother to a match early this season. He's supported the team since their inception but doesn't often get to see them live. His wife effectively made us a picnic - we got a few strange looks pulling out sandwiches and so on mid-game, but it made for a great shared memory! :)

Jesbass_old

Of course. No glass, but I've been bringing in plastic bottles for years. As long as it's sealed and unopened, you should be fine. (And if not, you get to swig it all right there and then and get a huge caffeine hit and run onto the field to tackle Vatuvei but be on the wrong end of a Tongan side step, so everybody wins!)

(Having said that, my bag only occasionally gets checked, because I don't always go through the turn styles.)

Spence_old

Parking is $5...I guess it's $10 if you park in the stadium grounds, perhaps? (I'm so out of touch, lol.) You can get a gate ticket for $20 in the South stand, (wow, they really have gone up in price), and yeah...food and drink cost the earth, so take your own.

I normally take a bottle of Coke (or two). I had great fun taking my brother to a match early this season. He's supported the team since their inception but doesn't often get to see them live. His wife effectively made us a picnic - we got a few strange looks pulling out sandwiches and so on mid-game, but it made for a great shared memory! :)

Yeah, but let's be honest, no one wants to go to the north/south.

The 22 BEAST_old

Of course. No glass, but I've been bringing in plastic bottles for years. As long as it's sealed and unopened, you should be fine. (And if not, you get to swig it all right there and then and get a huge caffeine hit and run onto the field to tackle Vatuvei but be on the wrong end of a Tongan side step, so everybody wins!)

(Having said that, my bag only occasionally gets checked, because I don't always go through the turn styles.)

At AMi Stadium in chch we aren't allowed to take in squat. No bottles bigger than 750ml. We have to go with the hipflask down the sock trick!

Jesbass_old

Haha...maybe it's just lax security? (It sure is when I don't go through the turn styles, but I can understand that, to be honest.)

RRG_old

I am based in Tauranga and usually get to a game or two a season. I wish they did the mini memberships that some other clubs do, pick 3 home games and lump the tickets together for a bit cheaper and throw in a free scarf or something. For an out of towner like myself I would probably buy something like that as a way of support the club even if I could only get to two of the games.

Jesbass_old

Didn't realise you were local, RRG! It's a good idea. When the fan forum first got together, a 4 match away membership was suggested. It was popular, but only a few things appear to have seen fruition. Might be worth a reminder message, especially considering the current membership manager is a different person from the guy in the position back then.

mrblonde_old

And what, prey, is wrong with Upper East?

Huh?

You looking at me?

I don't see anyone else here, so you must be looking at me?!?