NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

Just read that Spencer Leniu was confronted by Broncos players after they coincidentally ran into each other after coming back from a late night in town. Reports mention that there was no physical confrontation. This looks like it’s going to be a messy issue.

Leniu has also been referred straight to the NRL judiciary.

And they played Souths who had moments in that game but I'm picking them to miss the 8 again this year.

I think Manly can play better and when they click will be a tough team to beat, particularly if Turbo stays fit (should do a Ponga and rule himself out of SOO). Souths look like they still have a carry over of the issues they had last year.
Kinda related, do players get extra for playing in the finals?

• Photo by Dane Clarke | NRL Digital Creator on March 02, 2024. May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing soccer, playing cricket, sports equipment, stadium and text that says 'AROUND THE LEAGUE MIA 2025 Las Vegas జపా OAK The Panthers and Warriors are both reportedly favourites to open the season next year in Las Vegas. The other two sides remain unknown. Via: Daily Telegraph PANTHER CLARKEY'S COLUMN'.'AROUND THE LEAGUE MIA 2025 Las Vegas జపా OAK The Panthers and Warriors are both reportedly favourites to open the season next year in Las Vegas. The other two sides remain unknown. Via: Daily Telegraph PANTHER CLARKEY'S COLUMN'.
If this is true I am going to lose my mind. Hope they confirm the teams in the next couple of months either way.

What are the chances Broncos implode this season and last year’s GF was a one hit wonder ?? 🤔

They remind me of our maiden year where players were too caught up in their own hype..
I sincerely think so.
  • Renoylds did not look great yesterday.
  • Cobbo looked terrible
  • Haas didn’t look as dominant
  • Pikura is made of glass
  • They lost too much experience
And most importantly
  • Walsh hasn’t leant a fucking thing. All he cares about is the highlight reel and still refuse to do the hard yards on attack or defence.

I sincerely think so.
  • Cobbo looked terrible
And most importantly
  • Walsh hasn’t leant a fucking thing. All he cares about is the highlight reel and still refuse to do the hard yards on attack or defence.
Reynolds looked podgy and slow. Souths didn't want to give him three years and stuck to their guns, maybe the Broncos are seeing why.

I sincerely think so.
  • Cobbo looked terrible
And most importantly

The whole team looked hung over. Too much fun in sin city ...

Back