Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
A million for walsh? whats that- like $20,000 per error?
I hope they break the bank on him.
Surely another team goes in hard at that price? They wanking on about interest in nfl down the line from Walsh in the article. Interesting the high profile players that have player options in their favour with new deals these days. People like David Fifita and Dylan Brown for example have an option in their favour for every year of their deals with their clubs.

Peter Badel reporting Walsh close to signing a 4 million dollar deal to see him at the club till end of 2028/2029.

Will be interesting to see where this leaves the broncos salary cap.
They have off loaded Flegler, Farnworth and Capewell but haven't they now upgraded Mam, Walsh, Haas?

Must be some pressure coming on to balance the cap and it would be hard for them to match offers for some of their other players if clubs come knocking with a good offer that is a significant upgrade on what they are already on?

Surely another team goes in hard at that price? They wanking on about interest in nfl down the line from Walsh in the article. Interesting the high profile players that have player options in their favour with new deals these days. People like David Fifita and Dylan Brown for example have an option in their favour for every year of their deals with their clubs.
Even if it is just to fuck with the Broncos salary cap, offer an increased amount of say $250k per season (safely knowing he is unlikely to leave Brisbane) to drive up his price and eat into the overall cap space of the Donkeys.

Last edited:
They have off loaded Flegler, Farnworth and Capewell but haven't they now upgraded Mam, Walsh, Haas?

Must be some pressure coming on to balance the cap and it would be hard for them to match offers for some of their other players if clubs come knocking with a good offer that is a significant upgrade on what they are already on?
Word is that roosters have identified Cobbo as one of their targets and could dangle that carrot they did with Manu about potentially playing fullback as that’s apparently an aspiration of his. Farnsworth was also apparently and left because of Walsh blocking his opportunity. Roosters also apparently have identified Max Jorgensen as a target too to defect from rugby and would be likely viewed as fullback. Zac Lomax is the other so one would assume that Lomax would be to replace Manu, Cobbo to replace Tupou and Jorgensen to replace Tedesco?

Dodged a bullet there then. Cnk has been fantastic at a fraction of the cost.
Always remember seeing on the broncos forum from a poster that said there was an understanding between Warriors and broncos that Walsh would come over and develop in first grade and go back to the broncos. No idea if there’s any truth to it but the way it all went down around RTS leaving to rugby and his return seems like there’s potential of some truth to it?

Do you think having him on an edge would reduce his defensive work rate a little? Or would he be a liability being a little less agile out on the edge? He would sure take some stopping defensively running at holes.
Went and had a look at his stats after I made that post and by no means a disgrace, but when you consider his place in the game and salary perhaps a bit underwhelming though hard to judge in a pre season match. 11 runs for 92m and 95% tackle efficiency but looked to be going through the motions. Will be interesting to see how the cowboys go because watching them lately I’ve been so glad that Payton backflipped on us. As mentioned earlier about staying patient regarding the prop or props we need, we ended up with Webster. Thanks Todd for not staying and giving Justin Morgan and Viliami Vailea a home.

You forgetting that irrelevant game last year, otherwise known as the prelim final? CNK has been great however Walsh is in a different stratosphere.
True bro, I love CNK and rate him top 5 fullbacks with my Warriors glasses. Reece on a normal day is top 5, on his best days he is number 1 and can single-handedly destroy oppositions. I am happy with CNK, it’s just reality that Reece is a freak.