General Who will you be cheering...

sycosid_old

for in the Grand Final

Not much of a fan of either team ...so i really hope Archer has a great game

lolz

SiD

Mangi-Maori_old

Definately my favorite team, during the Graham Lowe era. Go the Iro brothers!

Skinny_Ravs82

Well I wouldn't be upset no matter who wins! lol. but to hopefully rub it up a few people, particualrly my friend sin Sydney...Go Storm! haha

westie stylz_old

I'll decide after watching for 10 minutes to see who is annoying me more (or the least). Even then though I just want a tight game so may be cheering for whoever is behind.

Skinny_Ravs82

lol fair enough. I do hope it's not a snore fest like last year, where I ended up watching the move 'The Pacifier' instead!

Jesbass_old

One team plays league. The other plays infringements.

One team challenges the eyes with outstanding play. The other challenges the rules with outlawed play.

Long gone are the days when Manly were the dirtiest team in the comp, (Koopu's opinion at the beginning of 2005). I'll be backing them, because I can't stand the thought of another cheating team to take the title. I was always going to back the winner of the Manly-Warriors match against the winner of the Storm-Sharks match.

westie stylz_old

Jesbass, I was probably in that camp a week ago but the Storm were extremely clean in the tackle area versus the Sharks and if they could keep their dodgy tactics out of the tackle for 80 minutes (or near enough) and still win then they'll at least have proved that they are the best going round.

They know that they are being watched with a magnifying glass now which has helped them tidy up their act.

I just wonder if Smith will be able to see the game properly through all the tears he's been crying.

Jesbass_old

Jesbass, I was probably in that camp a week ago but the Storm were extremely clean in the tackle area versus the Sharks and if they could keep their dodgy tactics out of the tackle for 80 minutes (or near enough) and still win then they'll at least have proved that they are the best going round.

They know that they are being watched with a magnifying glass now which has helped them tidy up their act.

I just wonder if Smith will be able to see the game properly through all the tears he's been crying.

I haven't seen any matches since mid-August, so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing A) a Smith-less Storm side, and B) said side playing cleanly.

As long as the winning team does so through playing well, and not through using niggling tactics, I'll be a happy man.

a.c.e_old

Im going to HAVE TO cheer on Manly. If Manly wins, then we know we lost to the prems this year. If the Storm wins WTF!!!

Skinny_Ravs82

At elast we'd have beaten the premiers ;) not every team can gloat about that!

Jesbass_old

But that brings the "what ifs" into the fore. What if we'd beaten Manly? We presumably would have then gone on to win it, etc. So Manly winning suits me better for that reason, too.

Skinny_Ravs82

Well we didn't, and got whipped by Manly, and I don't like Sydney clubs in genereal :p

westie stylz_old

Has the grand final been moved forward an hour or 2, or 3?

last year I had a vague recollection that it didn't kickoff until about 10pm NZ time (8pm local time). This year it is kicking off at 5pm local time and 7pm NZ time or therabouts. much better time to be watching footie if you ask me, especially with work and school for folks on both sides of the ditch the next day.

AmieJ_old

Im going for Manly... but not really looking forward to the game (I really didn't and don't want to see a repeat of last year)

Chanell 9, has coverage from 11am, game kicks off at 5pm!

playdaball_old

Probably MANLY. I was planning to be in Sydney for the GF BUT WAS SO GUTTED THAT Warriors didn't make it ... going Tuesday now instead.