General Who will coach the Warriors 2020???

Who do you want to coach the Warriors?

• Nathan Brown

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Geoff Toovey

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Walker brothers

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • John Cartwright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Wane

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • Todd Payton

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Stacey Jones

• Tony Iro

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Kristain Woolf

Votes: 21 8.6%
  • Wayne Bennett

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Michael McGuire

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Justin Morgan

• Daniel Anderson

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Craig Bellamy

Votes: 44 18.1%

• Total voters

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 15, 2017
Kristian Woolf

This year was his first year for St Helens but coaches often have an NRL clause.

I'd be sounding him out for sure
Good point bro i actually forgot all about him too.. What would you rate our chances though if we were to chase him?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Good point bro i actually forgot all about him too.. What would you rate our chances though if we were to chase him?

No idea if I'm being honest. Don't know enough about his ambition/opinion of the Warriors to say.

If he were keen though he's the one I'd be pushing for.

Makes too much sense to me.

Reactions: blue bells

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Central Otago
The Warriors' brutal call to axe Kearney is set to cost them a reported $2 million, given the former New Zealand coach was in the first 12 months of a three-year extension.!!!!

Talk about poor mgmt !!! what a waste of money for a B grade coach

Reactions: bruce

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I think they know they have Nathan brown in their back pocket so he’s a worst case scenario (still offers more than mooks imho).
Can we do any better? I’d take fitzgibbon or Flanagan.

Reactions: Sup42

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
If that article is correct and there wasn’t a break option in Kearneys contract, I wouldn’t want to be in Cameron George’s shoes when the owner reminds him how much he personally has shelled out.

I don’t think you have any idea what Cameron George’s role is at the warriors.

do you seriously believe it was his sole decision to extend Kearneys contract.

some of you guys assume some very stupid thing's

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 15, 2017
I got nothing ....

blank

empty

no one’s home...

but the names on that list man.......
So far only 2 names i can think of are the ones pointed out to me ala Kristian woolfe and John Ackland..woolfe is a very good option who i had forgot about, my question is why has he never had a head coaching role before apart from his interim stint with newcastle..

Reactions: BeastMode

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I don’t think you have any idea what Cameron George’s role is at the warriors.

do you seriously believe it was his sole decision to extend Kearneys contract.

some of you guys assume some very stupid thing's
Quote from the article on page 1

“George, who said he didn't regret handing Kearney an extension, suggested Robinson played a key role in the coach's demise.”

Not only was it his doing he didn’t regret it

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I just watched the Payten interview on the Warriors site. Unless the guys a world class actor, he’s genuinely gutted by what’s gone down. I don’t think he undermined SK. He spoke well.
read your comment and kind half sorta dismissed it thinking it couldnt be that bad

your right. I found it a little awkward to watch. He clearly wasnt prepared for this interview, no one seems to have told him anything other than he is taking over. he genuinely looked to me like he had no idea what was going on like almost he is still in disbelief of what has happened

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
So far only 2 names i can think of are the ones pointed out to me ala Kristian woolfe and John Ackland..woolfe is a very good option who i had forgot about, my question is why has he never had a head coaching role before apart from his interim stint with newcastle..

Opportunity is probably one reason. He's only 44. Bellamy was 42-43 when he took over the Storm.

Currently head coach of St Helens, he wouldn't be the first to go to the ESL to prove himself after being an assistant.

Let's look at his record though.

Has a background in teaching, and was the Cowboys junior development manager for 4 years when he then took over the NYC team and got them to the finals and GF (which they lost to us).

He was then an assistant at the Broncos under Griffin for 3 years before returning to the Cowboys and taking their QLD Cup team to the GF (which they also lost).

The 2015 GF was Cowboys vs Broncos. The two teams he was either an assistant or responsible for junior development make the GF.

It's hard to say how much credit you can give to assistants and junior grade coaches, but he then goes to Newcastle as an assistant to Brown during that rebuild and look at the Knights juniors starting to blossom now.

It starts to look like less of a coincidence when more than one team has success during or not long after a coach has been there.

So looking at it from a Warrior's perspective.

He's got a strong development background at a club that needs strong development and will need to rely on juniors if they ever hope to compete.

He seems to work well with different cultures and can get the best out of them.

Not to mention that the Tongan national coach with a strong history of developing players is a great draw for the next Taumalolo/Taukeiaho etc

His playing style is aggressive defence and he seems to encourage the players to use their flair if the opportunity arises. I don't think he over coaches players with structure.

For a team that's looking for an identity, junior development and a strong understanding of all the unique cultures that make up the Warriors he's got a pretty strong foundation to work with.

He served under Nathan Brown and Anthony Griffin so he has sounding boards if need be.

Like I said, I think he's got too many positives for us not to find out if he's interested.

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 15, 2017
Opportunity is probably one reason. He's only 44. Bellamy was 42-43 when he took over the Storm.

Currently head coach of St Helens, he wouldn't be the first to go to the ESL to prove himself after being an assistant.

Let's look at his record though.

Has a background in teaching, and was the Cowboys junior development manager for 4 years when he then took over the NYC team and got them to the finals and GF (which they lost to us).

He was then an assistant at the Broncos under Griffin for 3 years before returning to the Cowboys and taking their QLD Cup team to the GF (which they also lost).

The 2015 GF was Cowboys vs Broncos. The two teams he was either an assistant or responsible for junior development make the GF.

It's hard to say how much credit you can give to assistants and junior grade coaches, but he then goes to Newcastle as an assistant to Brown during that rebuild and look at the Knights juniors starting to blossom now.

It starts to look like less of a coincidence when more than one team has success during or not long after a coach has been there.

So looking at it from a Warrior's perspective.

He's got a strong development background at a club that needs strong development and will need to rely on juniors if they ever hope to compete.

He seems to work well with different cultures and can get the best out of them.

Not to mention that the Tongan national coach with a strong history of developing players is a great draw for the next Taumalolo/Taukeiaho etc

His playing style is aggressive defence and he seems to encourage the players to use their flair if the opportunity arises. I don't think he over coaches players with structure.

For a team that's looking for an identity, junior development and a strong understanding of all the unique cultures that make up the Warriors he's got a pretty strong foundation to work with.

He served under Nathan Brown and Anthony Griffin so he has sounding boards if need be.

Like I said, I think he's got too many positives for us not to find out if he's interested.
Bro that was a awesome read, i didnt know about the little things he had achieved, iknow hes a good and highly respected coach so i defs agree that the club should at least make the call but by the sounds of it he will be another name added to the list of top guys who turned us down the last 12 months lol

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings