General Who will coach the Warriors 2020???

Who do you want to coach the Warriors?

• Nathan Brown

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Geoff Toovey

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Walker brothers

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • John Cartwright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Wane

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • Todd Payton

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Stacey Jones

• Tony Iro

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Kristain Woolf

Votes: 21 8.6%
  • Wayne Bennett

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Michael McGuire

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Justin Morgan

• Daniel Anderson

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Craig Bellamy

Votes: 44 18.1%

• Total voters

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
What you fail to mention is his stubbornness to drop out of form player, ie Kata and Blair and just keep playing them. Playing three fucking hookers on the bench. Playing boring league, putting players in positionS they aren’t accustomed too, the list goes on. He might be a good guy but unfortunately he’s a bad coach.
He gave Kata a chance then cut him. He showed a lot of promise. Had a good attitude. Very strong. Had a chance to grow a pass to his wing. When it didn't happen he replaced him with Herbert.

Blair has been one of the best. He was bought for experience because we had young forwards. He had some bad games second year, but he puts in when others don't. He's a good mentor.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Pretty much how I felt when I heard the news.

Still I hope people realise the reason we have had bum coaches for two decades is the same reason no immortal from Aussie is every going to play here.

We just cannot attract the talent. It is that simple.

That being the reality I am now on board with Brown, he will be accorded the same six week stay of execution any Warriors coach is allowed to fix a twenty year screw up.
That's right.....best pre-season ever and judge me by round 6 here we come.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Nobody is mentioning the winner and leader of the above poll... Anthony Griffin who was voted above all the others... including top super coaches Bennett and Bellamy...Paul Kent is stating that he would be the perfect leader for our mob and I tend to agree.

And also the Milky Bar Kid said that he didn't want the gig at first... how is that going down?

There is no way Gould would work with Griffin. Think we got the better option. Griffin is a good coach though so can understand some people may not be happy.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
He gave Kata a chance then cut him. He showed a lot of promise. Had a good attitude. Very strong. Had a chance to grow a pass to his wing. When it didn't happen he replaced him with Herbert.

Blair has been one of the best. He was bought for experience because we had young forwards. He had some bad games second year, but he puts in when others don't. He's a good mentor.

Mate you surely can't be serious?

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
From the outside looking in, not knowing what was communicated between SK and Robertson, what was Kearney's plan? Was Kearney expecting more time to put the right pieces together? Did Robertson know the plan? Because all I heard from Robertson was he'd give SK 2 seasons to make GF. I thought that was a bad sign. Exactly what Glenn said when he arrived. It's an EPL mentality. NRL club owners generally don't put that kind of pressure on a coach publicly.

When Kearney was re-signed it was under another owner. The one that knew his plan. I always said it takes 10 years to change a culture.

When the Bluey/Elliott/Cappy axis of acrimony was there the club were absolute shit. They banked on U20s success. The coaches were not ready for first grade NRL. That was obvious.

Under Kearney peeps reckoned he favored Kata, Lisone, Tevaga, Papalii. They were quite good to begin with. Had heart. They were given time as proper. Juniors need time to develop. SK gave them it. After all we didn't have prospect lining up. As time passed SK got rid of Hurrell and Lolohea. Then Kata, Vete, Gubb, Lisone.

He weeded out the bad attitudes first. Then he got rid of skill deficient players. I don't see any arseholes in this team any more. Behaviour off-field is good compared to other clubs. The culture has changed. All we really needed was to build the forwards size. Which we are doing now.

My only real frustration with his method was his bench strategy. That has me bamboozled even now. And Green's speed. But that wasn't SK's fault. He didn't even know Shaun Johnson was leaving.

I'm not saying he was a great coach, but I could at least see progress and as bad as things got earlier this year, the team is now on the up and looks pretty good.

Same thing happened when Cleary left. After we let him go he made the GF.

Still can't get over the fact that Super Coach Kearney didn't know that Kata was a left hooker.

Mind you, neither did his assistants apparently.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth

Yup, true but it didn't happen over a couple of weeks. Think Years.

We could all see it though. Check the thread.

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

Big facts.

Kata was incredibly frustrating to watch, but he had all the tools to be a serious strike weapon at centre. He was pretty much scoring a try every other game. Made the NZ test team too. There's a reason Melbourne signed him after we dropped him -- clearly they realised quickly that they couldn't get what they wanted out of him, but they rarely sign bad players. Kata is one of the big ifs of the last few years. IF he developed a pass, IF he was smarter with his decision making..etc. But you don't just cut players who do some good things just because another player might do more good things. You weigh it up. Especially when your replacements are Anthony Gelling, Blake Ayshford, Matt Allwood...not exactly the most inspiring set of options.

Kearney gets a lot of shit and rightfully so. But looking at performances like tonight's, there's no doubt his obsession with completion and fundamentals is going to pay off for us as a team, or at least for some of the young players whom he drilled that into. It's the foundation upon which you build the rest. We haven't had that since Cleary, and that's without even mentioning how he changed us culture-wise. Lots of poor results under Kearney, but very rarely any poor efforts. To keep the clumsy construction metaphor going: Kearney studied under amazing architects but had clearly never been to a building site. He could draw you a solid blueprint, but he was lost when it came to solving the problems that come up when you actually have to get a skyscraper built.

Still better than Bluey (disaster), Elliott (weak), and probably Cappy, who I liked and thought was a good coach, but it seemed he had issues getting buy in from the playing group and wasn't dealt as tough of a hand as Kearney.

The thing I'm most afraid of with Brown (and Gould to an extent) is that they have no idea about what we were like before, and they will try to undo all of that work/change. Payten is showing us every week that we don't need radical change in the 17. We need a couple of quality additions, and we need to invest time into less experienced players like Katoa, Jamayne Tounua-Brown, Egan, Chanel Harris-Tavita, who can contribute for us long-term. If Brown just continues that work and Gould can lure a couple of names over, I think we'll do well. But it's worth noting that the roster Brown had at the Dragons in the mid 2000s was absolutely loaded with quality and they didn't manage to win jack. You'd hope that he's developed as a coach since then, though.

Last edited:

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
I think you need to take you Kearney -bigot glasses off. We all saw the changes in the first year and there was hope for more
You stop it too.....that’s simply enough.

They don’t make Kearney - bigot (or -bigot) glasses, they just don’t exist.

What they make is Warriors denial. It’s a special place where every decision was made for a good reason and no matter what the facts, there was still a chance.

FFS. ‘Tracjectory, what is trajectory?!’

tHe_MaC

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 16, 2013
An old friend who practices in the dark arts on the side of the players and coaches reached out to me today and told me an interesting story. I thought some of you here might be interested in hearing it.

But if it is too long:

Long story short - If any of this is at all true... It was Nathan Brown who Ownership wanted the whole time, they just forgot to check with him that it would be all good before pulling the trigger.

Full disclosure, none of the parties involved are a part of my friend's boss' stable of clients (He works for an Agency group in Sydney) and I obviously can not provide any verification. So, feel free to add this to the conspiracy theory file, use it for chip paper or force me to change my name to IronLionsMeow if it offends you that much.

But this does sound a lot like how the Warriors would do something...

End of September 2019 - Autex complete take over of Warriors.

New Owners assure Cameron George he is safe but instructs him to initiate a plan to restructure the football department with Peter O'Sullivan being the only one marked by Autex as "safe". Openly expresses severe doubt over Kearney as a coach, which eventually was made public.

October 2019 - CG enlists PoS to come up with a plan to restructure the football department.

CG, having just given him a 3-year extension, insists Kearney stays as Head Coach and be backed by ownership 100% but must reassign portfolios (attack, defence etc).

Brian Smith is recommended to be let go. As is Alex Corvo. Nathan Cayless requests a release.

Craig Twentyman is recommended to replace Corvo, seen as a better personality fit.
Justin Morgan is recommended to replace Cayless.

CD & PoS float dissolving GM of Football position, splitting the responsibilities between them, expanding their own portfolio's.

Early November 2019 - GM of Football plan is rejected but Ownership will allow CG & PoS to split responsibilities until a suitable replacement can be found. Ownership expresses a desire for a big name.

Kearney is reluctantly backed as Coach, as to show support in CG's role. But Ownership insists on bringing in outside help and will not guarantee him as safe until they see improvements on the field.

PoS suggests Nathan Brown, who he knows very well.

Mid-November 2019 - Smith, Corvo are let go. Cayless granted his release.

Twentyman and Morgan are hired along with Nathan Brown as a 'consultant'.

Brown's role was explained as helping in summer on the field and sporadically throughout the year.

Realising they did not have the squad to seriously compete it did not take long for the higher-ups to begin looking for advice on how to rebuild ala Newcastle. (How to get through disappointing seasons while rebuilding)

Brown makes a great impression on Warriors Ownership.

Pre Season 2020 - Portfolios are reassigned, all indications things are on the uptick. (What does that even mean at the Warriors?)

Round 1 - Ownership instructs PoS to sound out Nathan Brown about taking over.

Round 2 - Brown is interested, Ownership wants to make a deal. COVID-19 spreads. Competition suspended. All plans are on hold.

Round's 3 through 5 - COVID buys Kearney time. CG implores stability. Ownership becomes more vocal.

Round 6 - Loss to South's. Ownership loses patience and instructs CG to fire Kearney and put Payten in as the interim. Wants CG to do it alone as he was his hire.

Ownership instructs CG to make deal with Nathan Brown to take over immediately and approach Craig Bellamy's management to sound out interest in coming with him as GM of Football from 2021 or 2022.

Nathan Brown's personal situation has changed, he is no longer in a position to accept the role, this year or next. Bellamy's management declares zero interest in 2021 or 2022 and beyond.

Wayne Bennett's management is approached to sound out interest in a duel Head Coach/GM of Football role, with the intention to groom Payten for 2 seasons before handing over the reins and solely acting as GM.

Bennett's management declares no interest.

Job is put to "advertisement".

Several enquires are made by potential applicants, including one current NRL coach to better understand the club's plans but baulked when the club could not put forward certain candidates for the GM of Football role.

Geoff Toovey, The Walker Brothers, Anthony Griffin and Todd Payten were the only serious applicants. Shaun Wane was interested but withdrew due to COVID restrictions and also holding the England RL job.

Not exactly what Ownership dreamed of. If they couldn't land a Supercoach they still really wanted Brown.

Unsure what to do, it was during an exploratory conversation in late June about the job with one of the Walker Bro's, where they suggested if the Warriors had a Supercoach lined up for 2022 they could come coach for just one season. Aiming to reinstil confidence in individuals, give the team an identity and then hand off to a Bellamy or Bennett type.

Being further impressed by Payten in the interim, this gives CG the idea of working a similar deal but with Todd for 1 year before bringing Brown in for 2 years to complete a 3-year rebuild to appease Ownership before handing back to Payten.

By now Phil Gould is in talks with Ownership to fill a Directorship role but a very hands-on one, especially in junior pathways. A role that may preclude the need to hire a full-time GM of Football.

The coaching plan is put to Ownership, who approve. Then Todd Payten & Nathan Brown. Payten really wants to be a first-grade coach but not under these conditions. He was very torn about what to do and was close to committing. Then Cowboys job became available and is talked out of taking the Warriors job by both his wife and agent. He ultimately wasn't comfortable with waiting for that long, given the instability of the club. Brown, however, was very interested in this plan, especially if Gus becomes involved.

Payten rejects the Warriors on Monday the 27th of July.

Not long after, Brown reveals his situation has definitely changed and is likely to now be available for the job after all.

Payten pre-records an interview the following week talking about the future and still being keen to take the job, knowing he had already rejected it. Attack of conscience and does his live interview on NRL 360 announcing his rejection.

The Warriors are actually a long way down the road with Brown by now and momentum is building for Gus Gould to take a role similar to John Hart's Director of Football during his time with the club.

August 2020 - Brown will be announced as Head Coach for the next 3 seasons from 2021-2023.

Gus Gould will most likely be announced as Director of Football, at a later date, once his role is 100% defined. When that happens it will be decided if a full-time GM of Football will be required or the responsibilities will continue to be split between CG and PoS under the guidance of Gus.

It reads like an episode of Shortland Street, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be correct.

Feel free to tear it apart if you have better information.

Edit - Oh, I forgot to add - Don't be surprised if Adam Elliot is signed as the "replacement" for Toby Rudolph in the next week or two.

Edit #2 - The Warriors are also secretly hoping Payten will miss out on the Cowboys job. Enabling them to be able to keep him for the last 12 months of his contract and find a way to convince him to stay beyond that while his family situation improves, hopefully. They think his ambition makes him a risk to any other head coach who hires him, making their chances of keeping him greater.

Edit #3 - The decision to pass on Geoff Toovey may have been informed by information given by a former NRL Coach & CEO with close ties to ownership. Apparently suggesting Toovey’s intense style wouldn’t suit the playing group long or short term.

Last edited:

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
An old friend who practices in the dark arts on the side of the players and coaches reached out to me today and told me an interesting story. I thought some of you here might be interested in hearing it.

But if it is too long:

Long story short - If any of this is at all true... It was Nathan Brown who Ownership wanted the whole time, they just forgot to check with him that it would be all good before pulling the trigger.

Full disclosure, none of the parties involved are a part of my friend's boss' stable of clients (He works for an Agency group in Sydney) and I obviously can not provide any verification. So, feel free to add this to the conspiracy theory file, use it for chip paper or force me to change my name to IronLionsMeow if it offends you that much.

New Owners assure Cameron George he is safe but instructs him to initiate a plan to restructure the football department with Peter O'Sullivan being the only one marked by Autex as "safe". Openly expresses severe doubt over Kearney as a coach, which eventually was made public.

October 2019 - CG enlists PoS to come up with a plan to restructure the football department.

CG, having just given him a 3-year extension, insists Kearney stays as Head Coach and be backed by ownership 100% but must reassign portfolios (attack, defence etc).

Brian Smith is recommended to be let go. As is Alex Corvo. Nathan Cayless' requests a release.

Craig Twentyman is recommended to replace Corvo, seen as a better personality fit.

CD & PoS float dissolving GM of Football position, splitting the responsibilities between them, expanding their own portfolio's.

Early November 2019 - GM of Football plan is rejected but Ownership will allow CG & PoS to split responsibilities until a suitable replacement can be found. Ownership expresses a desire for a big name.

Kearney is reluctantly backed as Coach, as to show support in CG's role. But Ownership insists on bringing in outside help and will not guarantee him as safe until they see improvements on the field.

Brown's role was explained as helping in summer on the field and sporadically throughout the year.

Realising they did not have the squad to seriously compete it did not take long for the higher ups to begin looking for advice on how to rebuild ala Newcastle. (How to get through disappointing seasons while rebuilding)

Pre Season 2020 - Portfolio's are reassigned, all indications things are on the uptick. (What does that even mean at the Warriors?)

Round 2 - Brown is interested, Ownership wants to make a deal. COVID-19 spreads. Competition suspended. All plans are on hold.

Round's 3 through 5 - COVID buys Kearney time. CG implores stability. Ownership becomes more vocal.

Round 6 - Loss to South's. Ownership loses patience and instructs CG to fire Kearney and put Payten in as the interim. Wants CG to do it alone as he was his hire.

Ownership instructs CG to make deal with Nathan Brown to take over immediately and approach Craig Bellamy's management to sound out interest in coming with him as GM of Football from 2021 or 2022.

Nathan Brown's personal situation has changed, he is no longer in a position to accept the role, this year or next. Bellamy's management declares zero interest in 2021 or 2022 and beyond.

Wayne Bennett's management is approached to sound out interest in a duel Head Coach/GM of Football role, with the intention to groom Payten for 2 seasons before handing over the reins and solely acting as GM.

Several enquires are made by potential applicants, including one current NRL coach to better understand the club's plans but baulked when the club could not put forward certain candidates for the GM of Football role.

Geoff Toovey, The Walker Brothers, Anthony Griffin and Todd Payten were the only serious applicants. Shaun Wane was interested but withdrew due to COVID restrictions and also holding the England RL job.

Not exactly what Ownership dreamed of. If they couldn't land a Supercoach they still really wanted Brown.

Unsure what to do, it was during an exploratory conversation in late June about the job with one of the Walker Bro's, where they suggested if the Warriors had a Supercoach lined up for 2022 they could come coach for just one season. Aiming to reinstil confidence in individuals, give the team an identity and then hand off to a Bellamy or Bennett type.

Being further impressed by Payten in the interim, this gives CG the idea of working a similar deal but with Todd for 1 year before bringing Brown in for 2 years to complete a 3-year rebuild to appease Ownership before handing back to Payten.

By now Phil Gould is in talks with Ownership to fill a Directorship role but a very hands-on one, especially in junior pathways. A role that may preclude the need to hire a full-time GM of Football.

The coaching plan is put to Ownership, who approve. Then Todd Payten & Nathan Brown. Payten really wants to be a first-grade coach but not under these conditions. He was very torn about what to do and was close to committing. Then Cowboys job became available and is talked out of taking the Warriors job by both his wife and agent. He ultimately wasn't comfortable with waiting for that long, given the instability of the club. Brown, however, was very interested in this plan, especially if Gus becomes involved.

Not long after, Brown reveals his situation has definitely changed as is likely to now be available for the job after all.

Payten pre-records an interview the following week talking about the future and still being keen to take the job, knowing he had already rejected it. Attack of conscience and does his live interview on NRL 360 announcing his rejection.

The Warriors are actually a long way down the road with Brown by now and momentum is building for Gus Gould to take a role similar to John Hart's Director of Football during his time with the club.

August 2020 - Brown will be announced as Head Coach for the next 3 seasons from 2021-2023.

Gus Gould will most likely be announced as Director of Football, at a later date, once his role is 100% defined. When that happens it will be decided if a full-time GM of Football will be required or the responsibilities will continue to be split between CG and PoS under the guidance of Gus.

It reads like an episode of Shortland Street, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be correct.

Great post.

Man, how things transpired between the club and Payton during their negotiations - I hope that doesn’t turn out to be like the “Bellamy” fuck up a few years ago...

tHe_MaC

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 16, 2013
Great post.

Man, how things transpired between the club and Payton during their negotiations - I hope that doesn’t turn out to be like the “Bellamy” fuck up a few years ago...

After seeing the improvement in the team since Kearney left, what he's been able to do with probably the least naturally talented squad since '99-'00... I'm worried both Ivan Cleary and Todd Payten will win premierships before the Warriors do.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

But if it is too long:

Brian Smith is recommended to be let go. As is Alex Corvo. Nathan Cayless requests a release.

Realising they did not have the squad to seriously compete it did not take long for the higher-ups to begin looking for advice on how to rebuild ala Newcastle. (How to get through disappointing seasons while rebuilding)

Pre Season 2020 - Portfolios are reassigned, all indications things are on the uptick. (What does that even mean at the Warriors?)

Not long after, Brown reveals his situation has definitely changed and is likely to now be available for the job after all.

Edit - Oh, I forgot to add - Don't be surprised if Adam Elliot is signed as the "replacement" for Toby Rudolph in the next week or two.

Edit #2 - The Warriors are also secretly hoping Payten will miss out on the Cowboys job. Enabling them to be able to keep him for the last 12 months of his contract and find a way to convince him to stay beyond that while his family situation improves, hopefully. They think his ambition makes him a risk to any other head coach who hires him, making their chances of keeping him greater.

Edit #3 - The decision to pass on Geoff Toovey may have been informed by information given by a former NRL Coach & CEO with close ties to ownership. Apparently suggesting Toovey’s intense style wouldn’t suit the playing group long or short term.
There are a few boxes ticked in that theory. Sounds highly Warriors style. Isn't Paytens manager Moses?

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane

But if it is too long:

Sounds highly feasible, good post... It would be great to get Adam Elliot, always liked his energy and spirit!

Reactions: Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014

What they make is Warriors denial. It’s a special place where every decision was made for a good reason and no matter what the facts, there was still a chance.

Damn right .that denial is the reason I still support the warriors.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
2008: 7th
2006: 6th
2005: 2nd
2004: 5th

Taking on that Knights job was career suicide for him. Tanked his winning percentages. The key difference between Brown and Kearney is that Brown is actually intelligent. I think he is the youngest ever head coach. He understands the game better.

And I don’t think Kearney should get credit for the Tohu Harris and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck signings. The rest of those things I couldn’t care less about.
Not even close. Eels made the grand final two years before SK taking over.

That Knights team was without doubt the worst roster I have ever seen.
So what? Why then did they change their coach?
Do your homework bro. The board was in disarray, power plays and backstabbing going on between them and the Leagues club. Eels have one of the biggest fan bases in the NRL and they were calling for heads to roll and backing different factions, the list goes on. To add to that, at the time they had players that had a lot of influence going through power plays themselves. One of them was Hayne, a primadonna calling the shots (how did that all turn out), Hindmarsh who stayed on longer than he should, others who thought they just needed to turn up to play. Kearney took it all on, cleaned out the wasters, some resented that,
The board never supported him like they should have - too self-involved and self-serving. The fans started howling for his blood. Everyone needed a scapegoat & he became it.
Hmmmm, sounds a bit familiar
Maybe that's Kearneys role as a coach, come in when the s#@* has hit the fan or is about to, do the job no-one else has the guts to, be the fall guy once the hardest part is done?
And re your other post, Kearney can absolutely take the kudos for getting Harris here & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being re-signed.
Do your homework.

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
Good post, and highly plausible.
One thing frightens me though:
"Gus Gould will most likely be announced as Director of Football, at a later date, once his role is 100% defined. When that happens it will be decided if a full-time GM of Football will be required or the responsibilities will continue to be split between CG and PoS under the guidance of Gus."

I don't want to see CG anywhere near the playing group.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
So what? Why then did they change their coach?
Do your homework bro. The board was in disarray, power plays and backstabbing going on between them and the Leagues club. Eels have one of the biggest fan bases in the NRL and they were calling for heads to roll and backing different factions, the list goes on. To add to that, at the time they had players that had a lot of influence going through power plays themselves. One of them was Hayne, a primadonna calling the shots (how did that all turn out), Hindmarsh who stayed on longer than he should, others who thought they just needed to turn up to play. Kearney took it all on, cleaned out the wasters, some resented that,
The board never supported him like they should have - too self-involved and self-serving. The fans started howling for his blood. Everyone needed a scapegoat & he became it.
Hmmmm, sounds a bit familiar
Maybe that's Kearneys role as a coach, come in when the s#@* has hit the fan or is about to, do the job no-one else has the guts to, be the fall guy once the hardest part is done?
And re your other post, Kearney can absolutely take the kudos for getting Harris here & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being re-signed.
Do your homework.
Kearney has his flaws, but I just don’t get the constant need from some to make him out as worse than he was. I mean, late last year we beat Manly and played about as well as tonight (under Kearney). The talk on the Manly forum that night was that they had been out coached. But reading commentary from some you’d think Payten was a messiah and was doing things we’d never done before.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018

Being pedantic over semantics is a bit like denial, you don't really take a good look at the real issues.
Hard to post on a cell with big fingures., oops, fingers.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
NzWarriors forum after last nights win if SK was still coach:

‘Great effort from the boys but we got lucky cause their two front rowers went off. Game plan was terrible.

Katoa ran once for 7m. Why did Mooks put Chanel Harris-Tavita on the left when that left edge combo with Kodi has been so good all year? And why not work on the Chanel Harris-Tavita / Katoa combo at training all week? Joke. And on Chanel Harris-Tavita, when he came through he was all scorpion kicks and wrap arounds. All that’s been coached out of him now, he was pretty quiet in the second half.

And did you see he left Lawton out there when Egan came on? With Jazz that’s 3 hookers on the field. No wonder Manly were coming to get us. Just mind blowing use of the bench.

anyway happy to get the win but unless we change the coach it’ll be same old same old I fear’

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings