General Who will coach the Warriors 2020???

Who do you want to coach the Warriors?

• Nathan Brown

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Geoff Toovey

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Walker brothers

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • John Cartwright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaun Wane

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • Todd Payton

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Stacey Jones

• Tony Iro

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Kristain Woolf

Votes: 21 8.6%
  • Wayne Bennett

Votes: 33 13.6%
  • Michael McGuire

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Justin Morgan

• Daniel Anderson

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Craig Bellamy

Votes: 44 18.1%

• Total voters

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Anything was going to be an upgrade. Well may be except Tony Kemp.
Instead of going down the Walker brothers coaching path, we could have gone done the two Tony’s pathway to oblivion.

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley and tajhay

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Where you at tajhay tajhay on Brown and Gould? Happy or would you have preferred Payten?
Indifferent. Gould was always going to be a bonus irrespective of who the coach was. Happy to give Brown a clean slate and support him, as I would have done with Payten. We just desperately need someone that knows what they are doing after so many years of going around in circles without a clue and thinking magically everything will change overnight without doing anything different.

wrighty

Indeed the alternative to what we got in an alternate universe was Tony Iro as Head Coach with Cameron George stepping down from GM to Head of Football so he can be more hands on (as he has always wanted to be)

Reactions: WellingtonOrca

wrighty

Indifferent. Gould was always going to be a bonus irrespective of who the coach was. Happy to give Brown a clean slate and support him, as I would have done with Payten. We just desperately need someone that knows what they are doing after so many years of going around in circles without a clue and thinking magically everything will change overnight without doing anything different.
Appreciate your thoughts.

I am green and still a N00b so I don't really know. From what little I can glean Brown is more of a cerebral thinking strategist than an emotionally intelligent man manager/motivator. Every day of the week I would take the strategist guy over a motivator.
The strategist is more likely to blame the playing roster and systemic issues for losses while the emotionally intelligent guy will conclude we didn't try hard enough as somehow believe the premiership and grand final is achievable and can be won if the likes of Ice, Bunty Afoa, Jazz, and Paasi pull finger and give 100%.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I'm not sure the Kearney sympathisers realise how badly he has been for the club. Those of you asking why sack him during covid? Well his Moses boys would have been resigned under him.

#puppet

Anything was going to be an upgrade. Well may be except Tony Kemp.

I’m not a Kearny sympathiser. Been preaching for him to be sacked since the dawn of time. However. If you’re gonna sack him right in the middle of Covid, at worst possible time, make sure you know who you will replace him with. It’s been a shit show for the last month. In the end, you’ve given / offered it to two blokes already on the payroll.

That’s not an upgrade.

That’s a cluster fuck.

On what basis is Brown better than Kearney? He’s not done anything yet. His reputation and CV is worst than Kearney’s

wrighty

I’m not a Kearny sympathiser. It’s been a shit show for the last month. In the end, you’ve given / offered it to two blokes already on the payroll.

That’s not an upgrade.

That’s a cluster fuck.
Giving it in turn to two guys on the payroll Payten followed by Brown called be called a cluster fuck...or alternatively its called succession planning. Payten was only every signed here as a potential head coach in waiting. He never came here just to be an offensive coach. Likewise we all new Brown was brought in as a replacement head coach option to introduce him to our environment.
I reckon to be fair to the warriors both speak to long term planning and succession planning than limited insular internal thinking.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
On what basis is Brown better than Kearney? He’s not done anything yet. His reputation and CV is worst than Kearney’s
I think we could have potentially gotten better than Brown if we were more organised with a plan and didn’t have border restrictions to deal with.

But if you don’t think Brown is better than Kearney, then I don’t know what to tell you..

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I think we could have potentially gotten better than Brown if we were more organised with a plan and didn’t have border restrictions to deal with.

But if you don’t think Brown is better than Kearney, then I don’t know what to tell you..

Kearney brought us Tohu Harris

Alex Corvo

Got Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to re-sign

Took us on the most amazing 5 game winning streak to start the 2018 season

Took us to our first prelim finals since gods knows when..

It’s not a lot but.... what has Nathan Brown done better? so far, nothing. At best we got more of the same.

I can’t believe I am defending SK here ...

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Brown is a good thinker. Really good.

The problem is his authority to follow through with the players and communicate it accurately.

Brown feels like a Chihuahua, yaps a lot but not overly threatening.

Reactions: Defence

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

Its pretty fuckin obvious Covid has played a major part in all this .The part I find amazing is no word from Boy George or Mohawk.We are probably lucky to have any coach at all .Considering we are probably being based in Oz next year(Redcliffe Dolphins) was smart move given whats happening over there now.Still not a dicky bird from owner or CEO???

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Nathan Brown is such a terrible let down. He's shit and we are going to go through another period of shitness under him. This is as bad as expecting a Super Coach and getting Matt Elliott the snake oil salesman.

People are wanking on about his 'rebuild' and 'recruitment' prowess really give him far too much credit. The only reason why he ended up with a half decent roster was because the Knights threw the cheque book at a teenager who had only played 1 NRL games at the time of him signing. All others signings were off casts like Pearce who was replaced by Cronk and even our own aged Lillyman who begged the Warriors for another contract.

All these compliments being paid to him and the best he could manage was 11th.

And these players he 'recruited' sure were happy to get rid of him in what was meant to be a mutual termination of his contract lol. Fuck off, you jumped before you were pushed.

The club have taken the easy way out and gone with average when what was needed was a complete revamp. I would have rather gone for a Woolfe or Walker brothers type new era then revert back to the tried and failed likes of Brown who just weeks ago said he wasn't interested in the job.

Even worse he claims he's happy about our junior pathways after adding a SG Ball team but he'll be for a hell of a shock to find out that our only pathway now is a handful of players turning out for Redcliffe. Even then it will be NRL ready players and not youngsters honing their craft.

We'll be average until at least 2022 now. No better. No worse. But sadly no better. Hang in there for another 5 years guys cause we aint winning shit...
Pretty much how I felt when I heard the news.

Still I hope people realise the reason we have had bum coaches for two decades is the same reason no immortal from Aussie is every going to play here.

We just cannot attract the talent. It is that simple.

That being the reality I am now on board with Brown, he will be accorded the same six week stay of execution any Warriors coach is allowed to fix a twenty year screw up.

TheSultan

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Tuatara are so small fish they shouldn't really have the right to dominate the use of QBE all year round...its also played in a different season to league so no reason why future developments couldnt factor in retractable seating to keep the diamond shape.

North Harbour Rugby and the Warriors could easily coexist...thats just a scheduling thing (Harbour play at most 6 home games a year) and from my understanding I dont think Harbour Rugby use North Harbour for trainings...pretty sure they use the neighbouring Marist club?? Could be wrong about that.

NZ Football barely play any games at North Harbour and if they did, that again is just a scheduling issue for a couple of weekends per year. They manage to do that easily enough at Bankwest and thats currently the home ground for at least 2 NRL clubs and regular A-League matches.

The fact that potentially 4 different tenants from 4 different sports could all use the same stadium all year round only confirms the case for the need to develop North Harbour, finish the Northern stand and eventually put a retractable roof on it. Its an absolute no brainer for Council

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
If your not happy then your hard to please
Nobody is mentioning the winner and leader of the above poll... Anthony Griffin who was voted above all the others... including top super coaches Bennett and Bellamy...Paul Kent is stating that he would be the perfect leader for our mob and I tend to agree.

And also the Milky Bar Kid said that he didn't want the gig at first... how is that going down?

Peewee

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 20, 2020
Nobody is mentioning the winner and leader of the above poll... Anthony Griffin who was voted above all the others... including top super coaches Bennett and Bellamy...Paul Kent is stating that he would be the perfect leader for our mob and I tend to agree.
OK but hey lets give Brown a chance. I guess all coaches have different values. I think our roster is better than what he had at the Knights

Reactions: Raw Power

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Stop it.....no really stop it brother.

If after that tenure after those 3 or more years, if you believe that - then providing you with any more logic isn’t going to help you...

No offence intended, much love and rainbows and such - but please stop that talk 😳😔

I think you need to take you Kearney -bigot glasses off. We all saw the changes in the first year and there was hope for more

Alex Corvo

It’s not a lot but.... what has Nathan Brown done better? so far, nothing. At best we got more of the same.

Yeah its easy to forget what he did because people would rather judge him on his front-of-tv skills (or lack of). I sometimes think there's an alternative universe when people can't see the same things or seem to be watching a different game to the one you are. Guess there's as many different ones as there are people.
I defend Kearney because quality players wanted to play for him - you know, the ones that didn't need teaching but still have the mindset of improving every game (like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Harris) and if they rate him as their coach hell, who am I to say otherwise. Just because he can't talk on tv doesn't mean he doesn't talk their language.
The first year showed us the potential. The next year the injury toll (mainly Harris but others as well) cruelled a team that had no depth yet, the ops at the end of the year proved a few were playing broken. And that led to a dismal start to the next year along with the mass murder in chch it was a write off. Not even the man manager kearney could get them up - but he did hold them together.
Then along came Covid and with families upended and a reformatted season it was always going to be tough BUT it was kearney again who was keeping them together. And I believe their current win-loss would be no worse & possibly better than it is now if he hadn'been sacked like he was & the owner kept hi s nose out of it all.
Kearney has to have the worst luck in the world lol. Everyone cites his record at Parra as proof its jus t him being useless - go back and read what was happening at that club when he went there just trying kkickkstart a coaching career. Poor bast*** walked into a snake pit & civil war.
I think he' s a fantastic assistant coach and would make a solid head coach given a half decent opportunity & a boatload of luck from the gods. On top of that he seems to be a decent guy - haven't heard a peep from him in the media, have you?
THAT'S why I deffend him instead of perpetuating baseless stereotypical tropes about him.
Don't know the guy but would be happy to shake his hand if I ever met him.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

Alex Corvo

‘You sounds mixed up bro, you just need to pick a horse.

Reactions: BeastMode

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings