Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanny

Not a massive fan but I know SK is from his Kiwis days - Lewis Brown is in AK snd it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him up as some cheap cover and experience.

Someone needs to throw the poor bugger 1 more game - he is stuck on 199.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Blain

Blain

Brown isn't first grade material anymore, hasn't been for several years. OK on a second grade contract, but would just block a potential junior in a position that we desperately need to develop a strike player in IMO.

Reactions: 3 users
AlexM

AlexM

No to Lewis Brown.
We don't need another backrower utility.

Reactions: 1 users
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

No to Lewis brown.

Yes to someone like Renouf To’omaga.
I’ll admit I havnt seen much of him play but yesterday in the ISP semi he was a beast. He’s a kiwi, off contract and will be cheap

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Weno

Weno

No to Lewis brown.

I’ll admit I havnt seen much of him play but yesterday in the ISP semi he was a beast. He’s a kiwi, off contract and will be cheap

He was damaging last week for the Doggies too.
Had a couple 1st grade runs this year,so is in the 1st grade picture.
After mad Monday,i think he and Ogden would be priorities for the Doggies 2019 campaign.
Be a steal.

Reactions: 1 user
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

He's signed with the Bulldogs for 2019 and 2020 but there is a massive logjam in the second row there so I wouldn't be surprised if they let one or two look around.

fizurg

fizurg

Bulldogs have massive issues filling their 30 players under the cap. I can imagine any player on minimum wage with the ability to play first grade will be hung on to.

Reactions: 1 user
thebroverine

thebroverine

Judging by Zerotackle there's not many options for 2019.

Joseph Tapine and Jordan Rapana are off contract at the end of 2019.

Sorry Luke cya (unless u take a massive paycut), bye Kata + Mannerings salary -> get Tapine and Rapana.

I used to think Rapana may not leave Joey Leleui but I forgot we can make Fusitua into a centre. Hopefully hes athletic abilities can make him a great centre too.

The Fusitua/Rapana edge will tear new assholes & the other edge just needs to be defensively sound.

The goal for 2019 is to make it into week 2 or 3 of the finals.

Then 2020 we win the comp!

warriors4eva

He's too much built in the old Warriors mould.

watched him play queensland cup a few weeks ago

the dude can hardly run now. back in the day, massive guy and had some skills

now he is atleast 20kgs heavier, as in fatter and doesnt look like his heart is in it

Reactions: 4 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Judging by Zerotackle there's not many options for 2019.

Joseph Tapine and Jordan Rapana are off contract at the end of 2019.

Sorry Luke cya (unless u take a massive paycut), bye Kata + Mannerings salary -> get Tapine and Rapana.

I used to think Rapana may not leave Joey Leleui but I forgot we can make Fusitua into a centre. Hopefully hes athletic abilities can make him a great centre too.

The Fusitua/Rapana edge will tear new assholes & the other edge just needs to be defensively sound.

The goal for 2019 is to make it into week 2 or 3 of the finals.

Then 2020 we win the comp!

I believe Rapana's best days are behind him now, let alone in 18 months' time.

Better to recruit/nurture young outside backs from both a talent and financial point of view.

Jack Bourke

Jack Bourke

I believe Rapana's best days are behind him now, let alone in 18 months' time.

Better to recruit/nurture young outside backs from both a talent and financial point of view.
I agree, Leilua makes Rapana look good. He has been performing below par for a while now.

If we could sign a ball passing Leilua type centre and pair him up with Big Ken it would be the scariest edge in the comp hands down!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

Brandon Smith would be fantastic, but he's signed with the Storm long term. Can see levi wanting out ASAP if luke went to Newy, and being a kiwi it's an easy assumption he'll be coming here. I don't think it'd be a great move, heard he has attitude, would expect to be playing first grade.

Roache is seen as our future going by his contract, I'm happy to have lawton on the bench. About time the club backs itself and make a hard call to trust what they have? Sam Cook is there too, he's played hooker in first grade, so must be rated. Any young junior kiwis hanging around in reserve grade I wonder?

Reactions: 6 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

There seems to be a lot of good young 9s playing backup roles and in NSW/QLD Cup currently.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
A quality 9 can't be understated. Big fan of Roache but he still has a tonne of developing to do to get to Lukes level, let alone staying on the field for any extended period of time.

Unless we are somehow gonna snag Segeyaro, I can't see any off contract hooker worth signing. Interesting times ahead if Luke heads to Newy.

Status
Not open for further replies.