Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggest reason why we are now shit.. the guys supposed to lay the platform are not. Paasi been awesome but doing it alone. Gavet should have been dropped a long time ago. no heart and your out.. very obvious to most arm chair coaches.
Most overrated player last year. Just because you try hard doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. People loved him because he put max effort in but then you look at the stat sheet and it tells a completely different story.

WarriorBall

Last year Gavet left players on the ground, not so this season. This year he’s fighting upright in the tackle too long trying to be the enforcer and a high percentage of his runs are lateral and not because he’s trying to center play.

He may be averaging 100 meters a game but at times it doesn’t look like he’s playing for his team mates but for his own ego, with Ah Mau coming in he’ll be lucky to hold his spot next season.

Reactions: Beastmode

WarriorBall

Those runs he makes are bruising to stop .an do take a toll on defenders
Last year he was mostly coming off the bench.
That's the big difference .Next year he should be coming
Off the bench again ..He's a handy fourth prop .
AhMau ..Paasi ...Bunty ...Gavet ...Its a good front row rotation

Will it win us a premiership though?? compared to other packs in the comp I say no ... we’ll continue to be an inconsistent footy side until our forward pack is going forward on a weekly basis.

Will it win us a premiership though?? compared to other packs in the comp I say no ... we’ll continue to be an inconsistent footy side until our forward pack is going forward on a weekly basis.

For our front row it will be fine .
Our back row is more than capable
But the thing we do have is an expensive spine .
So its one of those things .
If our full forward pack is out there .They are well balanced
Enough to .do the job an get good fast plays .
An Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. ,Luke. ,An Green can do their thing .That's our strength
Our at least where we have invested .
The thing that gives me hope is its a young forward pack
So they will only get better as props peak around 28 or so
Also Bennet says props are no good till they played 100 matches
So I see our pack as something that will get better each season.
I do think we can win a Grand Final .Yes .But we need them all on the field. an fit.

WarriorBall

For our front row it will be fine .
Our back row is more than capable
But the thing we do have is an expensive spine .
So its one of those things .
If our full forward pack is out there .They are well balanced
Enough to .do the job an get good fast plays .
An Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. ,Luke. ,An Green can do their thing .That's our strength
Our at least where we have invested .
The thing that gives me hope is its a young forward pack
So they will only get better as props peak around 28 or so
Also Bennet says props are no good till they played 100 matches
So I see our pack as something that will get better each season.
I do think we can win a Grand Final .Yes .But we need them all on the field. an fit.

Happy enough with our backrow but our starting Props would be lucky to be sitting on the bench for most of the other forward packs in the top 8 (and probably a couple that aren’t) I don’t see we have time to kick back and wait for our young Warriors brigade who are traditionally slow to mature while the window for most of our key players is starting to close.

Maybe there’s hope with O’Sullivan managing the roster now, we may actually be capable of growing a premiership winning side which is essentially what every club it trying to do yet something we’ve done poorly as a club since 95, that is building a complete team without too many weaknesses.

I can only see us recruiting our way to a premiership if I’m being honest with myself.

Reactions: francis faafua
nathan brown from the eels..thats all we need is another backrow forward with a bit of mongrel..otherwise i think we're ok..another good preseason & another year getting to know each other on & off the field..we're gonna be fine
I like him,has that abrasive edge I would like to see.
That's all I feel we are missing to compliment our ball player's,tackle bots.

Reactions: francis faafua
Status
Not open for further replies.