Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2018/2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, people have turned on Beale quickly. He is a solid, average player who is neither as good as, or as bad as some have made out.

The only argument about Beale is worth, and he is definitely $ for $ not worth what Hiku is simply because if reports are correct, Hiku signed for a very economical price.

Centre is a difficult position. There are few un-flawed, well-rounded centres in the game. There are so many makeshift centres across the board at the moment.

He’s had some good moments for sure. One difference I note is Hiku can beat a defender on the outside with footwork, Gerard tries to come back inside which can limit service to the winger. He’s a bit undersized and I wonder whether he’s still short of confidence after his injury.

For mine, he bombed a goober against the Tits. The kick in goal... either he draws and passes and Fusitua scores for all money, or if he sees the defender slide to Fusitua, he can literally fall over the line untouched. It was like he didn’t want to take the collision.

He also ballsed up on their first try. Whilst it was a monumental balls up by the video ref, Gerard for some unknown reason races infield and creates a massive overlap to exploit. The miss on Sami off Shaun’s grubber was pathetic too and he casually dawdles back onside.

Imo our centres need to defend inside out rather than outside in. They need to trust the blokes inside to come across much better. I thought Beale would be good at this. Defence seemed to be his thing but it hasn’t gone that way yet.

I really miss an enforcer at the Warriors. We have always been known to have an enforcer at the club doing plenty of damage. We also need a solid prop of quality and experience.

There was a point many years ago when I attended a Warriors Roosters game at Mt Smart under beaming sun. We demolished the Roosters that day and this was at a time where the Warriors were stacked with power up front. It was the very next year where the Roosters went on a rampage signing big boppers and enforcers. Look at them now! They have consistently had a dominating and powerful forwards package for a long period and I feel it was since that very year which I recall.

I miss Ben Matulino. I feel we need a Dylan Nappa, Korbin Sims, Sam Burgess, Matt Gillet, Josh McGuire type forward who will not be afraid to get off the line and show his forwards what needs to be done. When times get tough or the troops need a boost you can bet your bottom dollar that one of these guys would produce some intensity to lift the spirits. We simply don't have that or actually show anywhere near enough of it.

Its just dam frustrating seeing the guys throw the towel in when things are not going right for them!
Cannot agree with you there. We might not have the best pack in the comp, but definitely don't miss Ben Matulino at all. Well not since the shoulder charge was banned. And I have a strong feeling he was one of the dressing room leaders that got lead away themselves.
Did not seem to have any initiative for at least 2 years, just going through the motions doing just enough. Things don't seem to have changed at the Tigers either.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Cannot agree with you there. We might not have the best pack in the comp, but definitely don't miss Ben Matulino at all. Well not since the shoulder charge was banned. And I have a strong feeling he was one of the dressing room leaders that got lead away themselves.
Did not seem to have any initiative for at least 2 years, just going through the motions doing just enough. Things don't seem to have changed at the Tigers either.

Yup got what he wanted with reuniting with his uncle and best mate and still churning out the same laboured runs. Used to be a big fan and hoped/feared the move might freshen him up a bit but didn’t happen.

Reactions: 3rdstriker

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Hiku is a better ball carrier while Beale is more agile. I would say Hiku is most certainly a superior player on attack. Now Beale of course is much better on defense. I thought the warriors plan to have Hiku defend on the wing worked a treat and offered us more options ball in hand. Beale is pretty vanilla all around.

Will be interesting to see how it works out now that Tohu Harris is back- he seemed to cover Hikus failings pretty well.
Beale on the other hand is safer defensive option but stunts the attack a little

Mutt's is only in it for the paycheck. He's a dirty old mercenary.

We need more footy players, guys who love winning the game of Rugby League. Cause the Contract Manipulation game is getting real tiring.

Reactions: Woofa
Sitaleki Akuola would be the right fit for us,has that abrasiveness that Gavet has lost.
Explosive ball carrier , can put a shot on when opportunity come's.

Been watching Ben Murdoch-Masila , his attributes are strong when involved, but his work rate needs lifting.

Gavet wasn’t making huge meters or making big impact at the line last year. He did stand out though because he ran hard. This year with players like Paasi and Bunty making decent post contact meters, suddenly Gavets hard running yet largely ineffective style doesn’t impress us as much as it used to.
He does bring intensity but his upright running style seems to be easily stopped at the line.

Gavet wasn’t making huge meters or making big impact at the line last year. He did stand out though because he ran hard. This year with players like Paasi and Bunty making decent post contact meters, suddenly Gavets hard running yet largely ineffective style doesn’t impress us as much as it used to.
He does bring intensity but his upright running style seems to be easily stopped at the line.
he always runs upright as you say..so you have to wonder why the coaching staff have'nt kicked him up the arse...i personally think he's dead weight in our 17 atm..& go get a fkn decent haircut lol

Reactions: Woofa
Gavet was the king of the fast playtheball. Now he's pretty slow.

If he can get his speed up he's a great prop again. Otherwise he's average at best.
Ive said it once and Ill say it again he's like a 'Slothe', comon James earn your contract money this year not just the last year of your contract man, who does that, no wait......

Reactions: francis faafua
Ive said it once and Ill say it again he's like a 'Slothe', comon James earn your contract money this year not just the last year of your contract man, who does that, no wait......

To balance things out I think he has been very good defensively this year, but yes he hasn’t had the impact that you would hope for (or run as hard for the Warriors as he did in the Samoa mid year test)

Billy Teets James

is there a list of off contract players that we actually have a chance of getting ??
There is but they haven't updated(Zero Tackle) In ages. Some players named have either re-signed with their clubs. Or since signed to other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.