General Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

And here I was thinking you were still feeling the effects off to much celebrating over the New Year ;)
Cant use that as an excuse, nev
And here I was thinking you were still feeling the effects off to much celebrating over the New Year ;)

Didn't touch a drop, anyway, to be serious about that swap would require copious amounts of LSD

Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

Cant use that as an excuse, nev

Didn't touch a drop, anyway, to be serious about that swap would require copious amounts of LSD
As much as I like ET as a person, I don't think there could ever be enough LSD to consider that swap ;)

22 BEAST

22 BEAST

Id like Ryan Hall. The Beast on one wing and Ryan Hall on the other!

Reactions: 3 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Can see us bending over for Nelson Asofa-Solomona, well I hope we do..
I believe we already had a crack at him for this season and came close as he is homesick.... But looking more likely he will come back to play Union.

Jah

Jah

Tautau Moga no one gotthe best out of him yet no space at cowboys backline ,Corey Norman underated IMO might be a cheap pick up we need a 5/8, think we got everything else cover oh and Sam Moa.

brightman

brightman

I believe we already had a crack at him for this season and came close as he is homesick.... But looking more likely he will come back to play Union.
Yeah but when Warriors rip shit up and be a top 4 team hopefully he'll have 2nd thoughts

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

The only positions we need to address is our centers , Can everyone get Ngani Back?

Reactions: 1 user
jonno

jonno

The only positions we need to address is our centers , Can everyone get Ngani Back?
Hurrell and Ayshford are going to both come right for us and we'll have two, not top 5 centers, but pretty solid contributors...

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

For a long time Hooker tactically has been our weak point, especially once TL got injured. Friend was an efficient superfit guy, but didn't have any real weapons in his game like running ability to hold defences in. Luke's stronger D will make a difference there as well.

The real issue is players across the park putting the effort in consistently, mainly defensively. As there is depth in most positions squad competition should make players more desperate in these 50/50 situations.

I am only surmising, but from the pre season photos there looks like an emphasis on team work, generally the Warriors rely on individuals creating, rather than creating using team work, an example of immediate improvement would be breaking down Kata's service to Vatuvei. I think the midfield distribution will be vital as players like Luke and Shaun Johnson are going to stop players drifting off and filling gaps.

I am reasonably confident and want to see how players go this season before tinkering too much. Physical suitability has never been a Warriors issue, fitness and desire have.

Reactions: 3 users
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
He made a few yards with his sneaky runs but rarely did it turn into much.
Yep, I think you'll find we've not played in the finals whilst he's been at hooker. That's not to say it was one equaling the other - I like the guy, but I'd suggest he didn't have enough of a game to give us a real threat or momentum out of a position we've always relied upon in our better teams. I see this as a much bigger difference this year, perhaps the most important of any of the upgrades.

CompletionRate

CompletionRate

the Warriors rely on individuals creating, rather than creating using team work,
This is what made the Sharks so interesting and entertaining to watch in 2015. They had a good balance of contributors and it served them pretty well.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Rooters have just signed Copely. Suggestions are that they will need to let SKD or Jennings go. Jennings has been rumoured to be Parramatta bound. I wouldnt mind SKD if the Roosters paid some of his salary. Didnt he sign a 450k per season deal with them a few years back? Also his court hearing is soon.

Sup42

Sup42

SKD would be a great pick up.

He's really matured as an outside back.

Experienced defender, exactly what we need pit wide.

Jordan G

Agreed. Wouldn't be a bad pick up at all.

As for 2017, aside from the ever present Moa rumour, I wouldn't be surprised if we're targeting a centre/winger.

Backrow is the other spot I want us to look at. Hopefully we can entice NAS not to go to union if he comes home. Would be the perfect guy off the bench with the view to him taking over once Hoffman finishes up.

mode81

mode81

Recruiting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke goes to show Doyle's not afraid to go after the biggest dogs in the yard.

Be interesting to see how this season pans out and which players come into their own or fizzle out.

SKD would be a prime outside back target if he was available. Like I said, if Doyle can get Roger Tuivasa-Sheck he can get anyone.

All the talk of Moa I'd go all in for Jesse Bromwich or make another play at Jason Taumalolo.

Taumalolo might not be that loyal to the Cows second time around considering he's achieved his goal of helping them to a Premiership

Money talks.

Jordan G

Taumalolo re-signed last year, Bromwich is contracted until 2018. Neither are going anywhere. Moa is a realistic option, I doubt the other two are.

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

Taumalolo re-signed last year, Bromwich is contracted until 2018. Neither are going anywhere. Moa is a realistic option, I doubt the other two are.
That would be all well and good if contracts meant anything nowadays.

Jordan G

The old "contracts mean nothing" line. Never gets tiresome.

And apparently common sense and logic mean even less.

With the big 3 winding down, Bromwich is one of the keys to their succession plan. They're not going to release him no matter what a contract may or may not be worth these days.

Ditto Taumalolo. Going nowhere. Either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.