General Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup42

Sup42

Five eight is at the top of my list Hopeful that field kicking is the focus for our resident youguns CNK and Lolohea make this position an internal fill.

Obviously there are more skills to Five eight . At the Warriors defence and organisational ability are the reasons Lolohea in particular is not ready.

Defensive gains can be made rapidly (Johnsons a good example) field Kicking not so much.

To my way of thinking, if you focus on an aspect like Field kicking, you're effectively building a base to organise your game around.

That one skill set promotes vision, composure, and an understanding of strategy. It also gives you a mechanism for dealing with pressure in terms of applying it to the opposition and relieving it.

You can't be having plans to get to your kick if your Kicker lacks confidence.

On the other hand, a good kicker will build the plays based on a territorial goal.

It"s the mental part of the game, field position.

Show me a good field kicker and I'll show you a good organiser, one promotes the other.

Reactions: 4 users
Miket12

Miket12

Can the club afford him? He is one of the best in the game.
Not getting at you but there are times when I think that this attitude has been used too much at the club. Perhaps it's time for the club to move more into a "can we afford not to have him" attitude and get more aggressive in our approach like certain Sydney clubs who move heaven and earth, it seems, to get TPA's in place to attract the players they want. Or follow Brisbane's example and put in place a group of supporters outside of the normal club sponsors who are used to provide TPA's.

Reactions: 4 users
jonno

jonno

Five eight is at the top of my list Hopeful that field kicking is the focus for our resident youguns CNK and Lolohea make this position an internal fill.

Obviously there are more skills to Five eight . At the Warriors defence and organisational ability are the reasons Lolohea in particular is not ready.

Defensive gains can be made rapidly (Johnsons a good example) field Kicking not so much.

To my way of thinking, if you focus on an aspect like Field kicking, you're effectively building a base to organise your game around.

That one skill set promotes vision, composure, and an understanding of strategy. It also gives you a mechanism for dealing with pressure in terms of applying it to the opposition and relieving it.

You can't be having plans to get to your kick if your Kicker lacks confidence.

On the other hand, a good kicker will build the plays based on a territorial goal.

It"s the mental part of the game, field position.

Show me a good field kicker and I'll show you a good organiser, one promotes the other.
Field kicking is a little bit like golf.

We need a player who can hit the long drive, for when we're stuck in our own 20...

We need someone who can hit the right level on the green from the fairway, for getting out of our own 40, pinning the opposition back in their 20.

And someone who can chip right up to the hole, over bunkers, under trees ect,,, and even get it in from around the green, for getting us points and repeat sets at the end of our attacking raids down in their 20...

It's a massive asset to have a great tactical kicker in the team. A guy who can feel the weight and shape the trajectory of the kick at the highest level.

If we can develop these players here at Warrior Nation we don't need to be signing them up.

But it's still a player I think we need to be looking at signing ATM as well...

Reactions: 1 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

NEVER COMPARE RUGBY LEAGUE TO GOLF!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
CompletionRate

CompletionRate

If we can develop these players here at Warrior Nation we don't need to be signing them up.

But it's still a player I think we need to be looking at signing ATM as well...
This is why we have Robson and Lino working together in the lower grades. Teaching Lino how to actually kick.
How many time did Robson kick to Valentine Holmes last season for a easy try because his kicking was spot on?

Reactions: 2 users
jonno

jonno

Rugby League is a little bit like Rugby Union......
This is why we have Robson and Lino working together in the lower grades. Teaching Lino how to actually kick.
How many time did Robson kick to Valentine Holmes last season for a easy try because his kicking was spot on?
It's a simple message, but it sometimes seems like we'd need to get J.C. to come over from the other side and explain it to our juniors.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Blain

Blain

Oh god... Taylor back to Warriors.. Seriously guys?? He has a good motor, but little attacking impact, over playing his hand frequently.. Don't get me started on the 2nd/3rd man in tackles to rack up his stats.

I can't see us going for established Second rower this season anyway, our current back row aint moving. They'll be looking for a replacement for Hoffman during the 2017 season however.

Will be interesting to see if they target another half, or keep faith with Lolohea moving forward. I'd take Moa for Lillyman no problem, has more left in the tank. Can see us bending over for Nelson Asofa-Solomona, well I hope we do..

Reactions: 13 users
Miket12

Miket12

Oh god... Taylor back to Warriors.. Seriously guys?? He has a good motor, but little attacking impact, over playing his hand frequently.. Don't get me started on the 2nd/3rd man in tackles to rack up his stats.
Or the little slow down and attempted sidestep before the line.... I think the only player in the NRL to fall for the move is our very own Konrad ;)

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I think they let him go the same time they upgraded Mateo's contract, another brilliant move, and I will bet that even with an upgrade to match Penrith he would have been cheaper and a better player than Mateo, especially this season:mad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.