General Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
o_Oso in other words even if he's the rake for the wooden spooners and potentially the perennial losers NSW he's top 16 in his position?

Does that include u20s?

Honestly, you are so determined to have a bitch fight you read what you want into others posts to try and make it happen.

Rein is no favourite of mine.

I am just surprised he hasn't been offered a contract in the NRL for 2017 given there would be 25 hookers playing in FG each week. Much the same as I was surprised when Pritchard, Soward, Segeyaro, Moa or several others didn't get much interest before they left to SL. I guess a form slump in the second half of this year in a cellar-dwelling team has lessened his stocks, but personally I think he still has plenty to offer in the NRL. I am well aware there are many hookers better than him, that was not my point.

But feel free to try to insinuate that I think he should lace up for Australia in the four nations. Fuck this place is getting pettier by the week.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Honestly, you are so determined to have a bitch fight you read what you want into others posts to try and make it happen.

Rein is no favourite of mine.

I am just surprised he hasn't been offered a contract in the NRL for 2017 given there would be 25 hookers playing in FG each week. Much the same as I was surprised when Pritchard, Soward, Segeyaro, Moa or several others didn't get much interest before they left to SL. I guess a form slump in the second half of this year in a cellar-dwelling team has lessened his stocks, but personally I think he still has plenty to offer in the NRL. I am well aware there are many hookers better than him, that was not my point.

But feel free to try to insinuate that I think he should lace up for Australia in the four nations. Fuck this place is getting pettier by the week.
Don't worry bro.
Its just a couple of bad eggs looking for a fight. Just do as i do nowadays take it with a grain of salt. The more you give them the more they sucker you in.
Cheers

Bunty

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 18, 2016
Dragons looking at signing Luke Douglas as the Titans try to free up cap space. Definitely someone I'd like to see at the Warriors. Also says they're looking at offloading shillington and dropping bird (for recurring off-field indescretions) which might put them in the hunt for Kevin Proctor.

https://www.zerotackle.com/dragons-interested-in-luke-douglas-23943/

We should be looking at proctor to replace ryan hoffman.
Where are the dragons finding the money to sign Douglas? The already have alot of good forwards. We should offer Douglas a contract and get rid of Lillyman. Or try sign one of the dragons forwards like Lesson Ah Mau

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 21, 2013
We should be looking at proctor to replace ryan hoffman.
Where are the dragons finding the money to sign Douglas? The already have alot of good forwards. We should offer Douglas a contract and get rid of Lillyman. Or try sign one of the dragons forwards like Lesson Ah Mau

The article says Proctor might be looking to move back to the GC for family reasons. I doubt he'd want to come here if that's the case, although having the ex new zealand test coach doesn't hurt. Leeson ah mau would be awesome.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Doesn't make sense. Get rid of 2 of their best props, and Lock for a wide running back rower? Maybe a direct replacement for Bird would be logical?

Ah Mau, solid prop but no pack leader like we need. Too small IMO.

Are u talking about the Titans?
Shillington and Douglas are pretty long in the tooth and they've signed vaivai and Jarod Wallace- that's an upgrade IMO.
Birds a good player but the Titans must be over all his off field shit- proctor would be an excellent replacement.

Billy Teets James

Manu is not a forward. Never has never will be. He was a great winger. Now he's being paid overs for what he is giving back.
Hes big, He makes a shitload more metres than our real props. Hes pretty close to one.

Reactions: Weno

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I can understand people wanting Manu to go to prop - He's not a great winger anymore (not good in the air, not fast off the mark, makes dumb decisions on defence). And what he is still good at, running into the line like the beast he is, is what our forwards failed to do all season!!

But I get massive cringe moments thinking about Manu defending on our line around the middle of the field. I just can't see him adapting as well as maybe some others would, I think that option passed several years ago.

Reactions: matiunz and ramps

diehard

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 27, 2016
But I get massive cringe moments thinking about Manu defending on our line around the middle of the field. I just can't see him adapting as well as maybe some others would, I think that option passed several years ago.
That's my issue too. But I feel that after his season to forget at wing, the Warriors need to at least try him there, or release him.

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 21, 2013
we really need a huge prop T_T or two
just checked the player profiles on the warriors and raiders respective websites, Manu (109kg) is apparently heavier than most of our props with the only exception being Vete (110kg). Compare that to the raiders who have Boyd (122kg) and paulo (123kg) and also vaughan,tapine and papalii and it's no wonder our pack has been getting rolled. I'm not sure how accurate or up to date the websites are but I doubt they'd be very far off, maybe +/- a few kg.

If we can't find one over the off-season it might be better to wait until the season starts and try to get one then. Look at the titans and raiders, made some great signings during the season.

On the other had we could try to find a few second-tier monsters and get them going well, who knows Kearney might be one of those coaches who can turn good players into great ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings