Recruitment Who Should The Warriors Sign For 2017/2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs Under 20s 2009 and 2010[/QUOT
How did he go. Was there any interest from the Dogs to keep him on.
I remember Tana Umanga was a Jnr Kiwi, who had a pre season with the Knights. End result he couldn't hack it and on the first plane back to NZ

Reactions: bruce
You beat me to it brother, and you could add Frano Botica to that. Marc Ellis would have to be Ian Robsons most ridiculous signing, almost makes JD's effort with Foran look genius level.

Having said that Mathew Ridge, Darryl Halligan, Kurt Sherlock and Craig Innes were very handy in Sydney. Worth noting that Innes was the only established star. Ridge was no regular and had only played 6 games. Darryl Halligan was only a trialist if I recall.

Also Nehe Milner-Skudder couldn't get anywhere with the Bulldogs in his time in league.

They are different codes so players have to be looked at very closely for what they might bring. Graham Lowe didn't have a clue Ridge could kick goals, when he signed him for Manly, he just liked his competitive attitude.
Got to put John Timu in the mix , was an established AB who had a stellar league career for the short time he lasted.

He's currently coaching the Queensland Reds, hardly a winning team
Don't get me wrong good tough player but your point maybe proves he's better @ being a bully in a winning team than fighting the bully so how mentally strong is that?
Sorry maybe him snubbing the Kiwis back in the day still grinds with me like his other mate Tonie Carroll true Kiwis yeah right!
For me I'd rather have Campion any day let him stick with Union

Reactions: francis faafua
Lol the Dog's Fans talk more shit about Hasler than we do about Kearney

e.g.

Des is and was done. He's recruited terribly in his 6 seasons and the 2 grand finals everybody harps on about were all Barba or luck. 2014 we knocked over injury ridden teams (Penrith for eg) to get there and then rightfully got exposed. Our defence has been atrocious but our attack is truly something else, easily the worst in the NRL. Not to mention what Hasler does to every #9 we've had. Ennis and Lichaa didn't convince me that he ruins his hookers but Damien Cooke did. Went from the best player on the field for 3 weeks to making 0 runs in 80 minutes in the semi against the Roosters. You can tell who's following Hasler's orders and who has free reign, which is why Reynolds was pretty much are only player who sparked comebacks and secured us wins since Hasler was smart enough not to fuck with his only wild card.

Check the Kennel thread, they're over the moon that he's leaving
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/official-hasler-sacked.107549/

Lol the Dog's Fans talk more shit about Hasler than we do about Kearney

e.g.

Check the Kennel thread, they're over the moon that he's leaving
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/official-hasler-sacked.107549/
Doggies fans definitely happy however I say it is a function of their fans being supporters of a club that has high very expectations,a proud history and a total rejection of mediocrity.The absolute opposite of us.
At the Bulldogs Hasler has overseen 6 years of finals football including 2 grand finals and as they say "you have to be in to win"..........during the same time we have not had 1 finals experience.Even this year when Hasler gets the boot they still beat us on the ladder.
That's the difference I guess they want to win and take action when it doesn't happen.
Hasler is available and his winning percentage is way higher than 26% .......do the maths people.
Hasler or 26%?..............it's not even close.

Last edited:

tajhay

🏉
Desperately hoping that there was more to Junior Paulo to Warriors rumour, but all news on that front seems to be dry. Not only that, but he won the Meninga medal for best Raiders player of the year ahead of Cotric and Wighton. Cant see Raiders letting their best player go. Also Paulo reaffirmed his commitment to Raiders that he was going to stay put a month or so back.

Desperately hoping that there was more to Junior Paulo to Warriors rumour, but all news on that front seems to be dry. Not only that, but he won the Meninga medal for best Raiders player of the year ahead of Cotric and Wighton. Cant see Raiders letting their best player go. Also Paulo reaffirmed his commitment to Raiders that he was going to stay put a month or so back.

Even if Paulo left the Raiders, there's literally zero chance he would ever end up here, Parramatta would be his destination if he left

Even if Paulo left the Raiders, there's literally zero chance he would ever end up here, Parramatta would be his destination if he left
The Eels are suspected to be one of the clubs that have overspent on the Salary Cap for next - even less chance of him ending up there than at the Warriors. Unless they're prepared to lose other players to get him - and they weren't when they let him go last year mid-season to get under the salary cap then.

The Eels are suspected to be one of the clubs that have overspent on the Salary Cap for next - even less chance of him ending up there than at the Warriors. Unless they're prepared to lose other players to get him - and they weren't when they let him go last year mid-season to get under the salary cap then.

Ahh ok I wasnt aware that, mind you they are loosing Semi, not too sure how much he was on. But that would probably just help them get back under if they were over

Status
Not open for further replies.