General Who Should The Warriors Sign for 2016?

surfin

surfin

[QUOTE="mode81, post: 547972, member: 35"6] I wouldn't be unhappy if he reneges on the deal, it happens so often now days it's no biggy.

I think we'd be able to squeeze one more decent season out of him with the calibre of squad we'll have then maybe he could move into a mentor role? It's quite a juicy scenario.. Being injury prone what we don't want is him as a passenger not contributing, which is highly likely, that's a big waste of time. At this stage we'd probably get more out of Sam Perrett then we would Pritchard.

The other aspect to take into consideration is the limited interchange. Frank's not a big minutes man so you pretty much can't even have him come off the bench for an impact role as it will take up too much interchanges.[/QUOTE]

Yet SBW is still hated by many, and it gets forgotten that the Dogs changed the deal/situation before he walked,

Reactions: 1 user
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I'm somewhat glad we didn't get Pritchard.

With Lillyman, Matulino, Vete, Lisone, Gubb, Sao, Sipley, Lousi on the books - we seem a bit heavy in the front row anyway. Same as if we got Packer (assuming he is deported). Packer would be an upgrade on all of those bar Matulino. But I'm not convinced Pritchard would be.

I couldn't disagree with you more
How many test caps has Pritchard Got?
How many Grand final rings has Pritchard Got?
Now ask the same about packer
oh yeah who's got a visa an can actually travel to the games
to do their job
Packer used to get dropped regularly from first grade
when he was with us ,
but don't let the facts get in the way

facefacts

to do their job
when he was with us ,

The only time Pritchard has shown anything close to consistency has been under Hassler, one of the best and toughest coaches in the game...if Pritchard came here he would be as bad if not worse than he was at Penrith. brilliant one game, bordering on pathetic for the next five.

The Warriors isn't exactly a shining beacon for uncompromising effort and consistency.

Reactions: 3 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

to do their job
when he was with us ,

I dont want Packer now either but he only got dropped towards the end due to injuries.
He gave 110% all the time when guys like Pritchard/Kasiano look like their half assing it.

Packer was deceptively fast and I always remember him busting out to catch a run away opposition when Princess and our outside backs would stand and watch.

Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Don't care who they sign as long as they are motivated with a good attitude, that is whats missing.

I have said this before but the player who does 5 runs for 50 metres is more valuable than one who has one run for 50 metres for reason of contribution.

Reactions: 1 users
mode81

mode81

[QUOTE="mode81, post: 547972, member: 35"6] I wouldn't be unhappy if he reneges on the deal, it happens so often now days it's no biggy.

Yet SBW is still hated by many, and it gets forgotten that the Dogs changed the deal/situation before he walked,

The latest big name to renege on his 3 year deal is Sam Burgess.

Apparently Burgess called the Bath rugby captain to inform him that he was coming into training to say goodbye to his team mates after he re-signed with the Rabbits but the captain said that wouldn't be a good idea because some of his 'team mates' were furious at his decision.

Bulldogs invited Sonny to their club for a team of the century induction didn't they? Something along those lines.

I'm fairly sure most people have gotten over the 'walk out' and all the circumstances involved.. that was like 2008, in internet years that's about 20 years ago.

surfin

surfin

The latest big name to renege on his 3 year deal is Sam Burgess.

Apparently Burgess called the Bath rugby captain to inform him that he was coming into training to say goodbye to his team mates after he re-signed with the Rabbits but the captain said that wouldn't be a good idea because some of his 'team mates' were furious at his decision.

Bulldogs invited Sonny to their club for a team of the century induction didn't they? Something along those lines.

I'm fairly sure most people have gotten over the 'walk out' and all the circumstances involved.. that was like 2008, in internet years that's about 20 years ago.

Personally I have no problem with it, as clubs are just as likely to pull the rug on a player, how many times have we heard of a player asking for a release to be told no by the club, only to let a player negotiate once all the options have gone. Let's not forget Burgess walked out on an existing contract with the Bunnies to go to union. My point was more the hate SBW still gets for doing it.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
My point was more the hate SBW still gets for doing it.
That is only because he made money along the way...pure jealousy...I heard Mark Sorenson from the rugby union being interviewed once about signing SBW...this was when he had been to rugby and gone back to the Roosters...he described working with his manager as being "like a breath of fresh air" because the terms were always spelt out and when agreed to they stuck to it.

Jay M

Jay M

to do their job
when he was with us ,

Dropped? Only when injured I believe. Plus age... Pritchard is significantly older and coming to the end of his career. Packer is only just coming into his prime.

Based on your argument - we should sign Ruben Wiki over Pritchard because he has more test caps, a grand final ring and a visa that can get him to games... Age IS a big factor...

In Packer's favour: his defence was phenomenal. Best defensive prop we had. Great ball playing ability at the line. His short ball to Matulino gave Matulino so many metres in 2012. His mongrel was understated. And when he is on the team - the other forwards all grow an extra nut because he is an enforcer. At the moment - the warriors pack isn't soft - but there's no mongrel. If he's on the team - watch Matulino be better. Watch Mannering hit harder. Watch them all lift.

He's the type of player you love playing with and hate playing against.

Fazz

Fazz

MANLY STARS COULD BE FORCED OUT FOR WALKER

FOXSPORTS.COM.AU
– NOVEMBER 17, 2015

First Manly’s loyal veteran Matt Ballin got shown the door.

Now come claims rival NRL clubs are being privately sounded out to gauge interest in big name Sea Eagles stars including the likes of Jamie Buhrer, Peta Hiku, Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling.
While Hiku is still to return from playing for the Kiwis in the recent Test series against England, the talk is he might be deemed as excess baggage in a star-studded Manly backline that will have to find a way to fit young gun Tom Trbojevic into the starting line up.

Hiku’s New Zealand based agent Stan Martin last night told The Daily Telegraph that there was “nothing official” at this stage.

Read more at Foxsports.com.au

Read more at https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/manly-stars-could-be-forced-out-for-walker-19708/#k5CSwsd60UGQ4QCH.99

Interesting. Would not mind Lawrence of Starling. Hiku too, I guess, but a forward is probably more suited to our needs tbh.

Sup42

Sup42

Interesting. Would not mind Lawrence of Starling. Hiku too, I guess, but a forward is probably more suited to our needs tbh.
Hiku's agent doesn't sound confident about Hiku staying on at Manly.

That's after Michael Burgess rated his play at stand off for the Kiwis and made the suggestion that he'd given Manly something to think about.

Hiku for Hurrell money (you'd have to sell Hurrell first) would be an interesting option.

Interesting that the Warriors were looking at making Hiku their first million dollar man when he last turned them down.

How fickle the NRL market place can be, after getting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for less, they would be happy they didn't snare Hiku.

Now if it were Dean Whare on the Market I'd be real keen to see him here, Hiku on the other hand didn't do his case any favors in the Kiwi jumper I don't think.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I wanted Hiku about 3 months ago, before Ayshford and the rest came aboard.

Not that the warriors can have too many centre/wingers, given the erratic play of the incumbents, but you’d have alot of the squad in those posistions if Hiku came aboard. Probably have to get someone to take Allwood and the like off their hands first.

He didn’t look great at standoff, but he would be our best winger, or at least as good as Manu. And a fine backup fullback, better than Lolohea. But he could do better for himself than a low ball offer from the warriors. What is Peta Hiku’s best position anyway? He should go somewhere he can play that role, instead of Mr Fixit - backline utility.

Buhrer would be like a Todd Lowrie who isn’t shit, hard worker, would be good to have around and off the bench, better than Ben Henry. Probably too expensive.

Reactions: 4 users
OMG

OMG

I wanted Hiku about 3 months ago, before Ayshford and the rest came aboard.

Not that the warriors can have too many centre/wingers, given the erratic play of the incumbents, but you’d have alot of the squad in those posistions if Hiku came aboard. Probably have to get someone to take Allwood and the like off their hands first.

He didn’t look great at standoff, but he would be our best winger, or at least as good as Manu. And a fine backup fullback, better than Lolohea. But he could do better for himself than a low ball offer from the warriors. What is Peta Hiku’s best position anyway? He should go somewhere he can play that role, instead of Mr Fixit - backline utility.

Buhrer would be like a Todd Lowrie who isn’t shit, hard worker, would be good to have around and off the bench, better than Ben Henry. Probably too expensive.

I always thought Hiku's best position was Fullback but i have changed my mind after his performances at Centre at the end of the season with some of the best defensive displays all season and his usual 100+ metres.
He would easily be our best centre if he came back IMO, but would also be the best winger and better than just a handy backup for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Reactions: 4 users
OMG

OMG

Hiku after his performance with Kiwi's last week if he wants to play for Warriors, Wendy's is always hiring ... ;)

Name one NRL starting Winger that would do a half decent job at standoff at International level, Hayne and Duggan were real succeses at NRL level in the 6 huh.

A couple of secret trainings runs will turn any decent outside back into an International halves combo on the eyes of Kearney.

Jordan G

Even back in u20's he looked like a centre to me. I always assumed that's why Manly had him outside Matai, as a way of transitioning him to centre when Matai retired.

Got no doubt he would slot straight into centre if we got him.

Gave would be nice depth, don't see him being much more than that.

warriors4eva

would take both james and hiku

gavet was very good when he was here when he was younger, big boy and has the mongel were lacking

hiku I thought was one that got away and would like to see him back in the centres for the warriors

our backs at the moment give me the sh!ts !!....I think only 3 have guaranteed a spot...roger, manu and shaun...the 6, the centres and the other wing, no idea

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Name one NRL starting Winger that would do a half decent job at standoff at International level, Hayne and Duggan were real succeses at NRL level in the 6 huh.

A couple of secret trainings runs will turn any decent outside back into an International halves combo on the eyes of Kearney.

- Wait what are you saying ? Are we really comparing Hiku to Hayne and Dugan. Seriously ?

I'm sorry mate but I can't see it happening no matter how much training that the guy gets ...

OMG

OMG

- Wait what are you saying ? Are we really comparing Hiku to Hayne and Dugan. Seriously ?

I'm sorry mate but I can't see it happening no matter how much training that the guy gets ...

You missed the point, both Hayne and Duggan were given ago at standoff and were mudd with dashes of okay.
Hiku isn't as naturally talented as either of them but is far better than solid in the 1, he stood very little chance under English conditions playing 6 in an International.

I think he will go good there in his peak, but he is years away from playing a solid all round game at 6 and will likely make left centre his own before too long, turns 23 next month, he has all the best years ahead of him.

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

James Roberts is on market now, after a boo boo with his contract..That Titans org is run by muppets. Wonder if any interest by Warriors, Imagine him running around with Shaun Johnson and Rodger