General Who Should The Warriors Sign for 2016?

CompletionRate

CompletionRate

It shows we still have money under the cap. Who's a New Zealand born bench prop we could afford in the same price? Mckendry? Seumanufagai? There are few that fit that mould. Mckendry would be slick pick up.

goldcoast-warriors-fan

goldcoast-warriors-fan

It shows we still have money under the cap. Who's a New Zealand born bench prop we could afford in the same price? Mckendry? Seumanufagai? There are few that fit that mould. Mckendry would be slick pick up.
Matagi hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Would be awesome if we got a guy like McKendry. Always rated him as a big bopper.

On another note, awesome Matiu got picked up by the broncs. Good on him! A really nice young guy and very humble. Did some work with him a few years ago with schools and he was a great role model for the kids even though he was a quietly spoken fella. All the best to him.

Selector

James Gavet was released from the Broncos could be a cheap option.

mode81

mode81

Chris Houston cut by the knights, bit of plodder these days, but would be handy to replace the likes of Ikahihifo who’ve left us.

While we will have a lot of new backs on the books next year, (Wells, Ayshford, Robson, Nicoll-Klokstad (what a name that is, he’ll have to be pretty good before I’m happy giving him the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, JWH, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, DCE treatment - CNK sounds like a currency)) Ligi Sao is the only addition to the pack, and while our forwards were the strength of the team last year, still reckon there should be slot for someone who has been around a bit, otherwise Sipley (destroyed his knee) Lousi (no one wants him when he’s fit, and he’s not fit) Palavi and Poching are the other names in the squad, that's not depth, that's just filling in the slots with who happened to be around.

Yeah I'm thinking along those lines too.. just one more experienced front rower or a player yet to properly establish them self that won't cost much like James Gavet will do nicely. slowly but surely our pack started getting depleted towards the end of this season and to have not much forwards recruits coming in is a worry. Leuluai went down then there was an over reliance on Friend. Thompson got injured then we realized the amount of work he was doing. Hoffman got injured in Origin and never regained anything resembling form he was just a passenger. Lisone started off on fire then faded. The pack worries me in terms of attrition. Palavi, Poching & Lousi are all reserve grade standard.

Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

He won't be able to enter Australia for five years, he could only play home matches if so. Anyways he is a criminal who almost killed someone, he has no place at our club with the standards we are trying to set.

I think if we made a effort to accept rusty back it could
work
step 1 pass a by law to allow rusty to piss on any public land he feels
Is worthy
step 2 turn the Warriors head quarters into a gang style pad ,
step 3 An this involves us mere peasants
If your out an about enjoying your self with your
family or friends an rusty wants your ciggies the
KFC thats in your hand , or your wife don't argue He don't want to
hear your jibber jabber fool,
Yeah let's get him back

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...-joining-hull-fc/story-fni3gs8m-1227606677188

Warriors making play for Pritchard. Article says he doesn't want to go to hull and there's been talks with Doyle.

Tried posting article but having issues with computer.

Sadly he turned us down and decided to honour his contract with hull

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...late-offer-from-Warriors-to-stay-with-Hull-FC

Edit: interesting that the DT article is only half an hour old either they're out of date or maybe there's something more to it?

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I think if we made a effort to accept rusty back it could
work
step 1 pass a by law to allow rusty to piss on any public land he feels
Is worthy
step 2 turn the Warriors he into a gang style pad ,
step 3 An this involves us mere peasants
If your out an about enjoying your self with your
family or friends an rusty wants your ciggies the
KFC thats in your hand , or your wife don't argue He don't want to
hear your jibber jabber fool,
Yeah let's get him back
Ha! Very naughty, bad etiquette, inappropriate, uncalled for, unreasonable...... but very very funny......... #justsayin'

Otto Sump

Otto Sump

He won't be able to enter Australia for five years, he could only play home matches if so. Anyways he is a criminal who almost killed someone, he has no place at our club with the standards we are trying to set.

What is the actual law. I mean just say for arguments sake Rusty was deported and if, a big if...he was picked up by the Warriors why would he only have to play home games? Kiwis don't require a Visa to travel to Aus anyway and that is what he would be doing albeit on a fairly regular basis.

1. Immigration and visas. All travellers, except New Zealand citizens, must obtain a visa or travel authority before travelling to Australia. All passports only need to be valid for time of travel inside of Australia andhave the appropriate visa if required.
    Travelling to Australia - Australian High Commission
    newzealand.embassy.gov.au/wltn/visiting_australia.html
I mean are the Aussies trying to stop anyone with a conviction from entering the country? (oh the irony if that is the case) If so there are plenty of people that would be caught up in that scenario I mean one journalist automatically springs to mind.

Jordan G

DT are doing what they usually do. No confirmation? Ok, let's keep this story alive to fill some column space. Until Pritchard actually arrives in England I think they'll be happy for the story to stay alive.

Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

What is the actual law. I mean just say for arguments sake Rusty was deported and if, a big if...he was picked up by the Warriors why would he only have to play home games? Kiwis don't require a Visa to travel to Aus anyway and that is what he would be doing albeit on a fairly regular basis.

1. Immigration and visas. All travellers, except New Zealand citizens, must obtain a visa or travel authority before travelling to Australia. All passports only need to be valid for time of travel inside of Australia andhave the appropriate visa if required.
    Travelling to Australia - Australian High Commission
    newzealand.embassy.gov.au/wltn/visiting_australia.html
I mean are the Aussies trying to stop anyone with a conviction from entering the country? (oh the irony if that is the case) If so there are plenty of people that would be caught up in that scenario I mean one journalist automatically springs to mind.

New Zealanders are on special visas. Meaning they are automatic you don't need to apply. But you are still on a visa. Once your visa is cancelled you are deported and you CAN NEVER RETURN to Australia. Very harsh but it's the law at the moment.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

We made a play for Pritchard which probably means that we are confident in our wing and centre stocks, which is a little worrying (it wasn't out three 80m back rowers would let in all those tries last year.)

snake77

snake77

Perret on an affordable short term contract would be a mean pick up.
Somewhat like Nightingale....he is the type of veteran outside back that could teach our Wingers and centers a lot.
The first thing that comes to mind is not rushing off your wing and leaving your opposite un-attended..;)

Jay M

Jay M

The first thing that comes to mind is not rushing off your wing and leaving your opposite un-attended..;)

I know what you're saying... but sometimes as a winger you do have to come in off your wing... the bigger problem is not that our players come in off their wing - it's that they're usually too slow to react/come in... case in point - Dean Whare... how many times have we seen him come in from centre to close down the play when there's an overlap... the key thing he does - is get his timing right.

can't stop them all, it's about making the decision that will have the highest chance of stopping the try... and if the try can't be stopped - at least let them score in the corner... 4 points is better than 6 ;)

in the warriors case - it's often the case of when they come in - they come in too early (exposing the outside), or too late...

Reactions: 3 users
Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

Just a throw away story about Dylan walker . But interesting the cap space we allegedly have. Could be total bs.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...kely-destination/story-fnp0lyn3-1227607792595
Warriors

Rabbitohs would still have to pay a portion of his salary if he accepted a deal less than his current one, meaning if the Warriors could squeeze him under their cap, they could.

The Warriors made a last minute offer to former Bulldogs star Frank Pritchard earlier this week, which was said to be around $200,000 meaning there is still money available for the 2016 season.

But the question is how much, and whether they would be willing to shun some homegrown talent to fit him into the back line.

Jordan G

"shun some homegrown talent". No brainer.

Don't see us getting anywhere near him though so it's largely irrelevant.

Interesting that Pritchard is quoted as being offered 200k, especially when the first report said it was a lucrative offer. 200k is lucrative to most, but in RL terms, not so much. Decent, but not lucrative.

Jay M

Jay M

I'm somewhat glad we didn't get Pritchard.

With Lillyman, Matulino, Vete, Lisone, Gubb, Sao, Sipley, Lousi on the books - we seem a bit heavy in the front row anyway. Same as if we got Packer (assuming he is deported). Packer would be an upgrade on all of those bar Matulino. But I'm not convinced Pritchard would be.