Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
He had other teams chasing him too, not sure who? The fact he’s played at the clubs you mention and what they’ve gone on to do with his input is exciting that he’s chosen this club and what he obviously sees on the horizon.
Yep he has only ever played for successful clubs. He knows what winning looks like!
Oh and when was the last time we had an origin player - don’t say 2022! That Origin superstar we signed we signed out of Q-cup 🤣

Last edited:
Just a run down of our big dance experience

Capewell: 20L, 21W, 23L
Harris: 16L, 17W
Johnson: 11L
Martin: 17L
Nicoll-Klokstad: 19L
Niukore: 22L
Tuivasa-Sheck: 13W
Walker: 14W

4-7 record amongst them, but I like to think that means we have a bunch of guys who are stinging to get back and go one better.

Capewell was the 18th man for that 2016 GF with the Sharks but even then, every club this dude has been at have gone to the GF while he was there, he was even a part of the Roosters Under 20's team in 2013 lol

He had other teams chasing him too, not sure who? The fact he’s played at the clubs you mention and what they’ve gone on to do with his input is exciting that he’s chosen this club and what he obviously sees on the horizon.
all jokes aside the thing that excites me about him is his professionalism and his approach to the game. If memory serves me correctly brisbane really wanted him so that could all rub off on all the young fellas. When he was at penrith they were a young team. im hoping its the same deal for us. So it doesnt surprise me that a few teams wanted him. we are better set up now thann in previous years to have a veteran come in and help the juniors....... way better culture

All the F you Capewell we don't need you talk the last few days 🤣 🤣 🤣

giphy.gif

Reminds me the feeling of that girl who didn't text me back after 2 minutes

Just trying to think back, but aside from the year after we made our first grand final in 2002, I can't remember being so optimistic of a maiden NRL title...

I'm not saying we're going to get there, but I think the build up and expectation of our supported fan base is going to be mental next year.

Top 4 this year, we've added Roger, CHT, Capewell and a whole heap of experience for nek year. Obviously the best coach in the NRL too, were either going to sink miserably or go all the way.

Lesh fooking go!
Yet by end of 2024 in our finals charge don't be surprised to see the likes if Ali, Zion and Demetric in amongst this core of experience.

They ain’t to happy about Capewells departure over at BHQ forum……he’s valued but now the daggers are coming out and they’re picking at him over his defence to justify their disappointment. Oh well…..they can watch him enjoy his new lease of life here & defend like his life depends on it Tough cookies. Welcome Capewell, we’ve got your back bro 💯

Don’t forget to tell Haas how great it is here 😉

Last edited:
Back