General Who should coach the Warriors in 2013?

Who should coach the Warriors in 2013?

• Total voters
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Sam Tomkins and Suaia Matagi are two players we can build this club around in the next few years, Matagi has just got better and better at the World Cup after a great season for us, these two players bring the type of attitude that's needed here, proud men fiercely driven and determined to succeed.

I've enjoyed watching how well Godinet and Matagi played together in the games so far. I hope we see Godinet come off the bench in 2014, I really think he can add something to the team at hooker. Although, with Friend and Leuluai there he' ll probably only play as injury cover. Unless Leuluai manages to hold onto the 6 jersey (which I personally hope he doesn't, I'd play him at hooker - sorry Friend), then Godinet would probably spell Friend.

Reactions: 1 user
mode81

mode81

I've enjoyed watching how well Godinet and Matagi played together in the games so far. I hope we see Godinet come off the bench in 2014, I really think he can add something to the team at hooker. Although, with Friend and Leuluai there he' ll probably only play as injury cover. Unless Leuluai manages to hold onto the 6 jersey (which I personally hope he doesn't, I'd play him at hooker - sorry Friend), then Godinet would probably spell Friend.

Absolutely they've both shone for Samoa and built a good combo in a short amount of time, for Godinet that's through consistent selection, I hope the Warriors coaches look past having to utilize just Friend and Leuluai at dummy half, Godinet is very calculating and creative he would suit 9 for us just how Cleary utilized him off the bench when he first came into first grade.

There seems to be a perception with Godinet that he can't defend, this World Cup he's been defending in the middle of the park and he's proven he can handle heavy traffic coming his way, he doesn't take a backward step in defense from what I've seen.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Godinet will be putting a smile on coaches dials.

All over the world !

Good on you Pita take a Fat contract Starter in the ESL No 7 Bro.

Reactions: 3 users
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper

All over the world !

It's a weird feeling, he's one of my favourite Warriors - but I'd be stoked for him if he got a starting gig in another (decent team).

Reactions: 1 users
OMG

OMG

All over the world !

Matagi is in the same boat, I could see some chequebooks coming out for him, he has some negotiating power now, which is a bit of a worry as he ain't no 20yr old rookie and is a family man.

Sup42

Sup42

Matagi is in the same boat, I could see some chequebooks coming out for him, he has some negotiating power now, which is a bit of a worry as he ain't no 20yr old rookie and is a family man.
Matangi has been in the top Prop performances in the world , that's just bloody remarkable in any mans lingo
Him and Mose ( Mose ahead for mine ) are outstanding , certainly have out played some of the Props from Australia , New Zealand and England Wow

It's a weird feeling, he's one of my favourite Warriors - but I'd be stoked for him if he got a starting gig in another (decent team).
Yeah man totally , it is a weird one.

When you think about how it only took Pita to have two off games to have his first grade career ended......

What are these other players complaining about ?

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
eudebrito said: ↑ World cup warriors who would be considered senior players, there's only one that I can think of who wasn't around for Ivan/Bluey/Iro. If it isn't him, and they seriously (seriously) think that ME is worse the Bluey, then maybe anyone would be better. It's easy to forget now how inept they were in the second half of 2012, hard to believe ME is a worse coach than that.Click to expand... Really? Just one? Theres a few there...

Not that it really matters who said it, one man’s opinion and all that, but what I getting at was:

World cup warriors:
Mannering, Vatuvei, Matulino, Leuluai, Taylor, Locke, Johnson, Hurrell, Fisiahi, Havili, Matagi, Godinet, Peyroux
Ruling out Hurrell onwards as not being “senior” players. Leaves 7 players 6 of who have been here a while, were coached by Ivan & Bluey, if one of them thinks that ME is worse than the Brian McLennan experience, then that’s a worry. Unless it’s the other fulla, who only arrived recently, doesn’t know how fortunate are his circumstances to have missed 2012.

OMG

OMG

Not that it really matters who said it, one man’s opinion and all that, but what I getting at was:

World cup warriors:
Mannering, Vatuvei, Matulino, Leuluai, Taylor, Locke, Johnson, Hurrell, Fisiahi, Havili, Matagi, Godinet, Peyroux
Ruling out Hurrell onwards as not being “senior” players. Leaves 7 players 6 of who have been here a while, were coached by Ivan & Bluey, if one of them thinks that ME is worse than the Brian McLennan experience, then that’s a worry. Unless it’s the other fulla, who only arrived recently, doesn’t know how fortunate are his circumstances to have missed 2012.
IMO there is only 3 Senior players in that list and only one of them has had more than a couple of Coaches

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Regardless of who it may or may not be, at least they are man enough to raise the issues properly. Talking to the coach and admitting that some players need to 'harden up' is the right way for progressing. Not turning up with the right attitude and playing to lose so the coach gets fired is not the right way.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

What does harden up mean ?

In a team mates sense ?

Why would you say that about some of the other players.

It's not like when Taylor said some of his mates weren't trying , weren't training etc ( that's worse imo ).

Must be talking about their attitudes / thoughts / feelings to the way things are at the Warriors ( Lots of changes ).

I would like to know if the comment was made in relation to how players feel about team mates moving on etc.....you know the entitlement stuff....

mrblonde

mrblonde

Come on, Bluey, well done, you got a second year at the Wartake the Elliott mask off.
Other than Graham Murray who is now too dead for the job ME stands out for experience. Jason Taylor could have been a possibility. However, Matt is the Coach, everybody, especially players have to get on board. There are always personality clashes, everybody, no matter if they be coaches or players have to get over it and push the cause forward.

And funny how those personality clashes fade into the background when things are going well....We never, for instance, hear about player clashes with Bellamy or Bennett although logic suggests that they must happen to some degree (okay - answer my own observation - that's because this isn't a Melbourne/Newcastle forum. But even in those forums, do you think there's much talk about "the players don't respect CB?")

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

As far as I am concerned whenever I ran out onto the paddock I had only one aim and that was to win.
Although I had some good coaches and some very average coaches it did not matter when I ran out, I hated losing.
If any of my team mates were not performing I gave them shit.
At halftime the coach would point out what was going wrong and we would endeavour to correct it, but no matter what it is leadership on the field that matters and when we had Price, Campion etc we had that leadership.
IMHO Manners is a great player and will go down as a Warriors legend but is absolute crap as a LEADER.
The coach can only do so much change the captain and we will win the NRL.

Reactions: 2 users