General Who do you think will be the standout preformer in 08?

Who do you think will be the standout preformer in 08

• Wade McKinnon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Pirce

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Brent Tate

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Simmon Mannering

• Jerome Ropati

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Micheal Witt

• Micheal Luck

• Manu Vatuvei

• Epalahame Lauaki

• Other

• Total voters

Warrioraholic_old

I don't think either Ropati or Vatuvei were hot and cold. Vatuvei had one absolutely shocking performance, but he was consistently strong in his other appearances. Ropati was consistently one of our better players, particularly during our mid-season form slump and also in the last rounds of the regular season.

Tate will definitely carve up, assuming he gets the ball. Hopefully our halves can get it out to him regularly enough. McKinnon and Price are givens.

Sorry I probably used the wrong words, when I said hot and cold I meant those two players will be hot (standouts) and cold (did nothing wrong, gave 100% but someone else stood out more)

07 example, steve price, allways a stand out, Hot. Luck, cold lol never a stand out but I rated him 2nd rower of the NRL most weeks

Jesbass_old

Sorry I probably used the wrong words, when I said hot and cold I meant those two players will be hot (standouts) and cold (did nothing wrong, gave 100% but someone else stood out more)

07 example, steve price, allways a stand out, Hot. Luck, cold lol never a stand out but I rated him 2nd rower of the NRL most weeks

Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. Cheers for the clarification. :)

JonB_old

lol, I never get half of what Tallis says. He mumbles too much!

But back on topic, it would be probably be a little unjust to say that about Tate, so I think perhaps we could lower the expectations abit. The others though, probably should make next year a bit year for themselves

What is a little unjust to say about Tate?

Jesbass_old

If Jerome stays at center he's going to be one of the best if not the best player in the side.

Yeah, he was a standout at standoff during our form slump, too. The guy has talent written all over him.

Just check out this potential backline:
1. McKinnon
2. Crockett
3. Tate
4. Ropati
5. Vatuvei

Very, very impressive.

Jesbass_old

lol, I never get half of what Tallis says. He mumbles too much!

But back on topic, it would be probably be a little unjust to say that about Tate, so I think perhaps we could lower the expectations abit. The others though, probably should make next year a bit year for themselves

To say that he could go great guns in 2008, do you mean?

I don't see why fans shouldn't have big expectations of the guy. He's a Queensland and Australia representative, and there can be no doubt about his talent. He's our marquee signing for 2008, so it's natural to expect him to perform. Additionally, he will be placing those same expectations on himself.

Jesbass_old

Yea Ropati is good he was one of the top try scorers right?

Yeah, he scored 10 tries, and was equal first with Grant Rovelli and Manu Vatuvei. The difference, though, is that Rovelli and Vatuvei took 23 matches to get their tally. Ropati did his in just 12 matches. Easily our highest strike rate for tries at 0.83 tries a match.

warrior rok50_old

10 tries in 12 matchs that's pretty impressive, yea i can see Ropati going really well in 08. Our centers pairing would be one of the best in the NRL i think.

Skinny_Ravs82

To say that he could go great guns in 2008, do you mean?

I don't see why fans shouldn't have big expectations of the guy. He's a Queensland and Australia representative, and there can be no doubt about his talent. He's our marquee signing for 2008, so it's natural to expect him to perform. Additionally, he will be placing those same expectations on himself.
What I mean is, while we can and understandablely have that expectation of him, I just think we shouldn't get too carried away. He's got to bide his time a little and may fault very early on so don't shoot him down for that and just be patient. If I remember correctly his aim at the moment is for the trials. I probably don't expect him to be all guns ablazing come round 1 yet.

Jesbass_old

What I mean is, while we can and understandablely have that expectation of him, I just think we shouldn't get too carried away. He's got to bide his time a little and may fault very early on so don't shoot him down for that and just be patient. If I remember correctly his aim at the moment is for the trials. I probably don't expect him to be all guns ablazing come round 1 yet.

What would you define as getting too carried away?

(By the way, who's talking about him carving up in round one? The poll is referring to the season as a whole.)