General Who do you think will be the standout preformer in 08?

Who do you think will be the standout preformer in 08

• Wade McKinnon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Pirce

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Brent Tate

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Simmon Mannering

• Jerome Ropati

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Micheal Witt

• Micheal Luck

• Manu Vatuvei

• Epalahame Lauaki

• Other

• Total voters

warrior rok50_old

Which player do you think will be the steandout preformer in 08?. I predict that Tate will have an excellent year and will be our best player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warrioraholic_old

Tate and Wade are gonna carve it up week in and week out. With Ropo and Manu being hot and cold but still scoring plenty of 3 letter 4 pointers

Skinny_Ravs82

I think Vatuvei will really stand up and be counted for and prove tons of critics wrong, as with Hame too

Joe 90_old

If Sonny Fai can handle the jump to 1st grade i reckon he could be a standout....of course he's got to make the team first.

jahc_old

Commentators and writers acknowledge that Vatuvei is hot and cold with his handling, but I wouldn't say they're critical of him. In the semi finals one commentator referred to him repeatedly as being a "match winner", when he was out injured.

Jesbass_old

Tate and Wade are gonna carve it up week in and week out. With Ropo and Manu being hot and cold but still scoring plenty of 3 letter 4 pointers

I don't think either Ropati or Vatuvei were hot and cold. Vatuvei had one absolutely shocking performance, but he was consistently strong in his other appearances. Ropati was consistently one of our better players, particularly during our mid-season form slump and also in the last rounds of the regular season.

Tate will definitely carve up, assuming he gets the ball. Hopefully our halves can get it out to him regularly enough. McKinnon and Price are givens.

J_Hallow_old

Commentators and writers acknowledge that Vatuvei is hot and cold with his handling, but I wouldn't say they're critical of him. In the semi finals one commentator referred to him repeatedly as being a "match winner", when he was out injured.

warren smith was pretty bad when it came to vatuvei. he would just bag him. any time they did the preview he would mention his name. Laurie Daley would stick up for him saying the kid has massive potential. Then warren smith would bring up that one game. it got alot worse when manu would drop a ball in a game

i really, really dont like warren smith, i dont think he has any talent in commentating

JonB_old

I don't think either Ropati or Vatuvei were hot and cold. Vatuvei had one absolutely shocking performance, but he was consistently strong in his other appearances. Ropati was consistently one of our better players, particularly during our mid-season form slump and also in the last rounds of the regular season.

Tate will definitely carve up, assuming he gets the ball. Hopefully our halves can get it out to him regularly enough. McKinnon and Price are givens.
Don't be so sure about Tate, his sort of injury is often considered a two year injury a year to recover and another to get back in form.

Jesbass_old

warren smith was pretty bad when it came to vatuvei. he would just bag him. any time they did the preview he would mention his name. Laurie Daley would stick up for him saying the kid has massive potential. Then warren smith would bring up that one game. it got alot worse when manu would drop a ball in a game

i really, really dont like warren smith, i dont think he has any talent in commentating

Yeah, but that's Warren Smith. He has no credibility.

Was he the commentator who repeatedly said we looked tired in that Rabbitohs match? He started saying it from five minutes into the match. Clown.

Jesbass_old

Don't be so sure about Tate, his sort of injury is often considered a two year injury a year to recover and another to get back in form.

Good point, Jon. But our halves will probably do him few favours, lol.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Yeah, but that's Warren Smith. He has no credibility.

Was he the commentator who repeatedly said we looked tired in that Rabbitohs match? He started saying it from five minutes into the match. Clown.

It was Wayne Pearce who kept trotting out the "big Warriors forwards are looking tired" line.

Smith is a goose though. Even when Vatuvei catches the ball clean Smith has to bring up his potential for shockers.

I won't say anything about Tallis because half the time I can't understand him.

Fox needs to do something about their commentators.

J_Hallow_old

It was Wayne Pearce who kept trotting out the "big Warriors forwards are looking tired" line.

Smith is a goose though. Even when Vatuvei catches the ball clean Smith has to bring up his potential for shockers.

I won't say anything about Tallis because half the time I can't understand him.

Fox needs to do something about their commentators.

smith is a goose your right. i cant stand when he is so surprised that manu catches the ball.
i always liked Daley. I think he was a class above the rest, hence channel 9 picked him off

Unless its his love for the cowboys tallis doesnt really make sense, he is a bit of a walking contradiction

Skinny_Ravs82

lol, I never get half of what Tallis says. He mumbles too much!

But back on topic, it would be probably be a little unjust to say that about Tate, so I think perhaps we could lower the expectations abit. The others though, probably should make next year a bit year for themselves

Viking_old

If Jerome stays at center he's going to be one of the best if not the best player in the side.

jahc_old

Ropati is the man. I hope he can do the job on the left side when Tate takes the right.

Viking_old

Got to see him in action at the Bay Roskill tag module a few weeks ago, man he's fast!