Rabbitohs

Kickoff In:

Accor Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
17:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Ale, Jazz. Lussick, Chanel?....smallest bench in the comp....potentially in shitty weather....making it a middle dominant battle....

Unless it turns out to be the mother of all genius tactical bench stratagies.....i gotta bad feeling about this.

Would love to see that bench run on a dry track.

If that is the midget bench we are forced to go with then we have to play dry weather football in the wet.

We are probably looking at a scenario where we are forced to throw caution to the wind and use short balls and dummy half runs to counter our lack of forwards.

Gamble on Dry weather mobile footy with ball movement and back up the inevitable turn overs with defence.

Ignoring the ridiculous lack of forwards this mini side are still a defensive Rugby league side to a man, and throwing in some mad man hyperbole here....Ï am gonna say fuck Souths, this is the first time the NRL will see CNK and RTS kick returning and working out of DH in tandem.

If Manu V could carry weak forwards on his own off his set starts, CNK and Roger can lay a platform for some Tohu, Freddy, CHT, short ball trickery.

Our biggest problem is how the Ref deals with Souths slowing down the Ruck in the wet......if RTS and CNK force the issue and throw hissy fits....if the crowd boos enough....perhaps we can run Souths off their feet with Jazz, CHT and Freddy DH running off CNK and RTS kick starts.....thereafter in their red zone we use the short balls since we have three half backs and three hookers to put forwards through holes...forwards who have not had to do all the work in hit ups thanks to our backs.

Last edited:
Not quite Bunty is starting and not on the bench last I checked the team sheet
Appreciate you're looking at the current teamlist (i.e., 19 players in game day squad), but it is widely expected on here that Laban will start. If so, this would likely move Bunty to the bench and Barnett to start.

While this hasn't been announced, we're all reading between the lines based on injuries and Webby's next man up approach - if the 17 to play were to stay as is, taking Barnett our of our prop rotation would leave AFB, Bunty, Jazz and Ale sharing 160 mins at prop, which would be strange given the limited minutes three of those middle players have had thus far.

Appreciate you're looking at the current teamlist (i.e., 19 players in game day squad), but it is widely expected on here that Laban will start. If so, this would likely move Bunty to the bench and Barnett to start.

While this hasn't been announced, we're all reading between the lines based on injuries and Webby's next man up approach - if the 17 to play were to stay as is, taking Barnett our of our prop rotation would leave AFB, Bunty, Jazz and Ale sharing 160 mins at prop, which would be strange given the limited minutes three of those middle players have had thus far.
I really really really hope Laban plays so we are on the same page brother.

I really really really hope Laban plays so we are on the same page brother.
Absolutely!

Assuming the Marata injury didn't happen in Sydney, the team and Laban would have been told earlier in the week if he was debuting. Especially given it is an away game, they'd want to let his family know so they could plan travel, etc. for the game, but they'd have been asked for it to be kept quiet and defo off socials.

Looking forward to the jersey presentation vid tomorrow morning! Wonder if they'd get Stephen Kearney in to present it given they both played for the Randwick Kingfishers in Wellington.

Absolutely!

Assuming the Marata injury didn't happen in Sydney, the team and Laban would have been told earlier in the week if he was debuting. Especially given it is an away game, they'd want to let his family know so they could plan travel, etc. for the game, but they'd have been asked for it to be kept quiet and defo off socials.

Looking forward to the jersey presentation vid tomorrow morning! Wonder if they'd get Stephen Kearney in to present it given they both played for the Randwick Kingfishers in Wellington.
Somewhat shades of SK as the player about the way Laban plays or is that a step too far?

If the bench is tiny af and we expect Laban to come in (off the bench for Barney who moves in to prop), maybe Ali can come in for Pompey on the wing too? Can’t imagine Pompey finishing those tries in the corner lol, doesn’t Ali play on the right??

Can’t see Monty to the right, unless they move Roger to the right wing, that’d be fun

It will also be probably the worst bench I have ever seen in my 6 years supporting the club. Even SK and Brown and Peyton picked better benches.
20240405_233046.jpg

Shaping up to be a wet weather game like last year... bad memories too, the Bunnies gave it to us, we couldn't stop their big forwards rolling up the middle.
The field gets narrow in wet weather which cancels out the outside backs... be a slug fest among the forwards I'm afraid. Our little forwards will get plugged, hope not though..

supposed to rain all the way until midday tomorrow here. Ground may still be a lil heavy.
It is atrocious weather in Newcastle tonight with torrential rain and 70 km wind gusts.
Regardless of weather tomorrow, its going to be rather unpleasant. The team who make the least mistakes should win.

Back