General Which player is headed for the Vulcans?

Who needs time in the Vulcans?

• Locke

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Fisiiahi

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Hurrell

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nielsen

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Manu

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Laumape

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Ropati

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Peyroux

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Leuluai

• Johnson

• Mannering

• Lillyman

• Rapira

• Matulino

• Lousi

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Mateo

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Henry

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Lowrie

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Matagi

• Friend

• Gubb

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
Weno

Weno

Locke to the Vulcans to learn his new trade as a hooker, has all the attributes to become capable, or even one of the best. Speed,and more speed to shoot from dummy half and destroy, ball playing vision and skills, sound defense which will need a bit more strengthening due to the heavy defensive work loads. Can become a good player as a rake in my eyes.

Manu to the Vulcans to learn the back row trade, defensive readings and high work loads, ball playing to add to his power running. His speed will be an extra for him, can be up there with T-Rex as a back rower.

Sione Lousi back in the top side from the Vulcans to take his place in the front row rotation with Rapira or Matagi shift to the back row.As Lisone and Vete wait for an opportunity.

Tyrael

Tyrael

I went

Lowrie - more for the top team than for his benefit. Allow someone with a little attack and without the penalties
Ropati - I never want to see him in first grade again
Neilson - He is blocking the way for better centres (IMO) and blocking Manu from getting any good ball
Rapira - To allow our props to gain a bit of size. I would like to see us run with Matulino, Lillyman, Matagi and Gubb, with Sam Lousi in the 2nd row but also as prop back up. I don't dislike Rapira, simply feel the game has gotten bigger and he is now too small to remain a world class prop.

Yet we signed him for an additional year earlier this year didn't we?

edd

edd

Locke to the Vulcans to learn his new trade as a hooker, has all the attributes to become capable, or even one of the best. Speed,and more speed to shoot from dummy half and destroy, ball playing vision and skills, sound defense which will need a bit more strengthening due to the heavy defensive work loads. Can become a good player as a rake in my eyes.

Manu to the Vulcans to learn the back row trade, defensive readings and high work loads, ball playing to add to his power running. His speed will be an extra for him, can be up there with T-Rex as a back rower.

Sione Lousi back in the top side from the Vulcans to take his place in the front row rotation with Rapira or Matagi shift to the back row.As Lisone and Vete wait for an opportunity.
Interesting about Locke playing hooker, as he's got a bullet pass like no other in the team. He'd need to get his health in order tho, otherwise his body would get smashed into tiny little pieces...

ttkk19

ttkk19

i don't think manu will make a good backrower, he knows how to score tries on the wing, plus hes been up against small guys most of his career, put him in the middle at 28 years old and hes gonna have very little impact,

i dont think theres any chance of manu moving positions based on these facts, he might go to nsw cup if he underperforms but i doubt that will happen

fanrrior

fanrrior

You think time in the Vulcs will help him cope with pressure? Sure. .
Some of us (ok, maybe just me) would like him to be in the Vulcans as a punishment for poor performances, or for when he returns from an inevitable injury.

I don't think he'll improve by being in the Vulcans. I just don't want him in the Warriors.[/rant over]

Reactions: smc and Sup42
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Right now I think they should all turn up bright eyed & bushy tailed ready to start 2014 in the Vulcans except TL and Ben M. Realisticly that ain't gonna happen, but ME should have more options next year - surely there can't be as many injuries as dogged the team early this season - & here's hoping he makes the calls regardless of status & popularity.

Reactions: Sup42
wallacenz

wallacenz

Right now I think they should all turn up bright eyed & bushy tailed ready to start 2014 in the Vulcans except TL and Ben M. Realisticly that ain't gonna happen, but ME should have more options next year - surely there can't be as many injuries as dogged the team early this season - & here's hoping he makes the calls regardless of status & popularity.
dont we read that comment nearly every year with the warriors.

Ropati and the Rapiras have had a horror run in recent years. then manu, lock, fish and friend are regulars. neilsen jumped on board the injury train this year

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Uumm . Just thinking how nice it would be not to begin the year with a 'stuffed before we start' scenario.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Yet we signed him for an additional year earlier this year didn't we?
sorry, which one are you referrring to?

I hope you don't mean Ropo. Though, if he is resigned for exactly what the long service allowance is, then I don't care if he is a Vulcans depth player. He should only get game time in NSW Cup if someone is filling in in first grade or is out injured at NSW Cup level.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor

I hope you don't mean Ropo. Though, if he is resigned for exactly what the long service allowance is, then I don't care if he is a Vulcans depth player. He should only get game time in NSW Cup if someone is filling in in first grade or is out injured at NSW Cup level.
Thats bullocks. He stepped up very nicely at the back end of the season, and imho was showing Nielson up.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Thats bullocks. He stepped up very nicely at the back end of the season, and imho was showing Nielson up.
Simply my opinion. We have others who will offer more than he can, and he is simply too fragile these days. He could barely make it through a Vulcans game unscathed. His Gold Coast performance was exceptional, but I would still rather we work to the future.

OMG

OMG

If Ropo trains hard and brings in some form and deserves his spot, it should be his, he very well may have put the injuries behind him and having him playing outside or inside of Kon regularly wouldn't be a bad thing, no guarantees for anyone should be the theme of the season and J'Ro in form and injury free will be hard to displace..

wallacenz

wallacenz

didnt ropati finish the season injured. good player for the warriors in his day but when a player cant take the field without getting injured for 3 years in a row what are they adding to the team.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

didnt ropati finish the season injured. good player for the warriors in his day but when a player cant take the field without getting injured for 3 years in a row what are they adding to the team.
Wasn't it an average of 5 games a season for the last 3 years? You shouldn't be relying on players with that much of an injury risk.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Injury cover that won't drag the team down..

If hes retained on the long service payments and isn't blockin development, question is what is he taking away.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Interesting how people on this forum were saying earlier that if they could sell a prop in exchange for a bulldozer that prop would be Lillyman. Yet nobody wants him in the Vulcans.

Reactions: edd and Sup42
wallacenz

wallacenz

Interesting how people on this forum were saying earlier that if they could sell a prop in exchange for a bulldozer that prop would be Lillyman. Yet nobody wants him in the Vulcans.
i would but im not sure which prop is better, id only have just him or rapira if we have a decent big prop available (which we dont, we have a bunch of novices). rapira in form is a hard charging rocket, lillyman seems to be able to put up some big numbers occasionally

Reactions: fanrrior