General where is the guy who should be our hooker

d13_old

Unfortunately Mara's development has been stifled by Cleary's inconsistency with his selection he was always behind Heremaia,Hohaia,Berrigan & even Godinet. From what I saw of Mara in first grade he never let the top side down,a good distributor & explosive ball carrier,Mara fits in the 'under utilised' category much like Steve Rapira IMO.

Arfur_old

According to The Big League Mara is out with a knee injury till round 9. While we have a hooker, Friend, who can stay on the park for 80mins, we will not carry another on the bench. IMO Friend is doing everything that he is being asked to do.

mr frank white_old

According to The Big League Mara is out with a knee injury till round 9. While we have a hooker, Friend, who can stay on the park for 80mins, we will not carry another on the bench. IMO Friend is doing everything that he is being asked to do.

Bingo.. He was out for nearly a year & had only been playing with the lads for 5 games to find his feet. He's doing fine.

jb1979_old

mara and godinet should be our rotating hookers one starts one on the bench fullstop

Last edited by a moderator:

Eccawarrior_old

Wow, when I first heard of Friend coming over I was stoked, have always liked him as a player, look up just the tackling effort he presents without any other stats & it's top notch up with the best. Just remember he has only just got back from an injury most of last season, he is only going to get better.

Xt1ncT_old

Wow, when I first heard of Friend coming over I was stoked, have always liked him as a player, look up just the tackling effort he presents without any other stats & it's top notch up with the best. Just remember he has only just got back from an injury most of last season, he is only going to get better.

I thought his performance against the Bunnies was his best yet for us.

I actually gave him MoM as his play IMO got us really going.

Only going to get better an it opens up a bench spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etern0L_Warrior_old

friend needs to get more involved he's been average so far

i was thinking the other day because he never runs from dummy half that could change a lot to our style of attack. maybe the forwards were playing like bums because friend refuses to run from dummy half. last year we had plenty of ordinary runs from dummy half but at least the forwards get a break instead of always anticipating: hit up > play the ball > friend passes > hit up > friend passes > repeat.

if friend makes over 10 runs/game i'll be happy. issac luke makes like 20 runs/game and they're all decent runs. cameron smith doesn't make many runs but that nigger sets up tries