General where is the guy who should be our hooker

jb1979_old

does anyone know where aleahan mara is ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaunJohnson7_old

I like Mara and it would be nice to have him come off the bench but not to start at hooker over Friend.....hell no.

Xt1ncT_old

Friend is starting to hit his straps IMO. He was really effective v the Bunnies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brother Fesol_old

i just want to see mara or godinet so i know we've got our backups in place. what happens to these guys? i mean how long would you want to stay playing vulcans for for a guy like godinet. i think he could do well at another nrl club on alright money.

sup42_old

I'm hoping Friends good showing last week continues and any sub par form before that was due to recovering from that shoulder injury.

If either of our halves gets injured, Godinet will be on the spot big time.

I hope he gets more first grade hours , last year he was good over all, got scape goated in a couple of games without a fair crack of the Sav imo.

Hindsight is 20/20 . Last year i was all for signing friend because hes Quality when he's fit and Hooker is so important....the Heremaia years made me impatient for a quick fix i recon.

But I wasn't happy with the center issue, this year in the big picture we would have been better served with an imported Center versus hooker......and persevering with getting Alehana and Godinet more NRL experience.

facefacts_old

Mara will get dumped after his current contract, Havili is a far better hooker already, and will take
Mara's place in the squad.

Defence_old

Mara will get dumped after his current contract, Havili is a far better hooker already, and will take
Mara's place in the squad.

Possibly, havili does look the goods but Mara was just as dominant at u20s level. Hope he gets a chance before being discarded

Juju_old

Knee injury - back soon for the vulcans.
Havili has shown more potential in the u20s / don't know how that will transfer to the Seniors though.

blain91_old

Havili has been major dominant in the 20s, Mara was very solid, made a few breaks everynow and then, but Seluini (crap spelling I know) was the one who provided the impact. In Havili I see him providing spark and the solid leadership qualities also.

Mara hasn't kicked on yet which is disapointing.

krs_64_old

Havilli weight is an issue, he's still got another year of growing to go, and he's already struggling this year to keep his weight under,. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the backrow in a year or too.