General Where are you now?

• Thread starter Warrioraholic_old
  • Start date

jahc_old

I'm with NU on this one. I thought Shane performed well for us. Are you sure you're not speaking about Jarrod Anderson? Okay, that was harsh, lol.
I dont have any opinion really. I'm just commenting on what the general feel was back then.. "only in the side because of his dad". Sounds like I may have mis-interpreted "the mood". My only two memories of him was when he started a fight and got a badly bloody nose, and when he "surprised everyone with his pace" over 20 metres after being heavily criticised by people for being slow.

Viking_old

Remember Odell Manual, the prototype for Meli? He's been in the Queensland cup over the years but I don't know where else.

Jesbass_old

Hehe, yep, I remember Odell.

Anyone know where Lee Oudenryn (sp?) is these days?

And here's a curly one: Whetu Taewa. Any ideas?

JonB_old

I was thinking of him the other day....he was being groomed for first grade then just disappeared, anyone know where he's gone?

He broke his leg in 2004. I actually liked his play, he was the strongest Warrior in 2004 I believe, but I could be wrong.

And here's a curly one: Whetu Taewa. Any ideas?

I think he is doing some fruit farming in central Otargo... That was what I had heard a few years ago, he was my first favorite warrior

MightyWarriors_old

Stowers is still playing league in this country -- made one (possibly two) appearance for the Lions in Premier League last season.

Villasanti did indeed retire from Harlequins RL without playing a game, but it was due to a knee that would not respond to rehabilitation.

Tookey, upon leaving Castleford went to Harlequins, then signed for Wynnum Manly in the Queensland Cup. Without playing a game, he retired and is now on the coaching staff.

Odell Manuel was playing First Grade for Canberra as recently as 2002 having signed with the Raiders, leaving Auckland at the end of 2000. He was playing with Hibiscus Coast for a few years, became a born again Christian in amongst some other non-football work. He's now with the Comets in the Queensland Cup.

Francis is playing at least solidly for St. Helens. He's not setting the world alight.

Jesbass_old

Stowers is still playing league in this country -- made one (possibly two) appearance for the Lions in Premier League last season.

Villasanti did indeed retire from Harlequins RL without playing a game, but it was due to a knee that would not respond to rehabilitation.

Tookey, upon leaving Castleford went to Harlequins, then signed for Wynnum Manly in the Queensland Cup. Without playing a game, he retired and is now on the coaching staff.

Odell Manuel was playing First Grade for Canberra as recently as 2002 having signed with the Raiders, leaving Auckland at the end of 2000. He was playing with Hibiscus Coast for a few years, became a born again Christian in amongst some other non-football work. He's now with the Comets in the Queensland Cup.

Francis is playing at least solidly for St. Helens. He's not setting the world alight.

Wow, thanks for the awesome info! You definitely seem to have your finger on the pulse. ;) Interesting to hear about Manuel's change of tack regarding faith. Where do you find this sort of info, mate?

raypower_old

Nice one MW!

The Lure of the pies got to him I reckon

I remember hearing something along those lines from our very own 2b2s. I think he's related, cousins perhaps?

Skinny_Ravs82

Wow, that's awesome thanks!

MightyWarriors_old

Playdaball - Just sought further clarification; Tookey signed with Redcliffe then retired 2 days later without contact at the club, to join the coaching staff at W-M.