General Where are they now? - Warriors Edition

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Along with Brent Tate another Warrior retiring at the end of the season. I remember it being mentioned after his season ending knee injury and with Marshall being signed but didn't see anything official.
https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/witt-to-retire-at-seasons-end-14801/

Good goal kicker for us and filled a gap between the loss of Stacey Jones to the arrival of Sean Johnson. Was a dependable goal kicker it was great when we could bank on 4 points becoming 6.

Mostly remembered for showing off before putting the ball down before the match winning try against the Storm in the epic semi final win from 8th place. That action looked like something you'd do in the backyard so your kids need to jump to get the ball; he will probably doing that a bit more now and probably get flash backs.

Talking about his career probably isn't the same without the try in question.

SkinnyRavs82

NSW Cup Player
Sep 24, 2013
Melbourne
Along with Brent Tate another Warrior retiring at the end of the season. I remember it being mentioned after his season ending knee injury and with Marshall being signed but didn't see anything official.
https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/witt-to-retire-at-seasons-end-14801/

Good goal kicker for us and filled a gap between the loss of Stacey Jones to the arrival of Sean Johnson. Was a dependable goal kicker it was great when we could bank on 4 points becoming 6.

Mostly remembered for showing off before putting the ball down before the match winning try against the Storm in the epic semi final win from 8th place. That action looked like something you'd do in the backyard so your kids need to jump to get the ball; he will probably doing that a bit more now and probably get flash backs.

Talking about his career probably isn't the same without the try in question.

Oh what a moment! Just saw the tweet this morning about Witty retiring. So sad to see him go! Love watching him play, and goal kick. Hell one of the best (ok there are others I know) but back then for us, always felt so secure he'd nail 'em from anywhere (Jimmy did that a lot too mind you) but ah he was fine to watch. And yep that try was a beauty. Love how Tatey is talking to Pricey who's probably about to go and rip poor Witty's head off about doing 'that' Haha. Best memories of that try being there live, and running to get a photo with him after the game!!!

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Oh what a moment! Just saw the tweet this morning about Witty retiring. So sad to see him go! Love watching him play, and goal kick. Hell one of the best (ok there are others I know) but back then for us, always felt so secure he'd nail 'em from anywhere (Jimmy did that a lot too mind you) but ah he was fine to watch. And yep that try was a beauty. Love how Tatey is talking to Pricey who's probably about to go and rip poor Witty's head off about doing 'that' Haha. Best memories of that try being there live, and running to get a photo with him after the game!!!
I remember him going on a goal kicking streak that almost broke the NRL record. Had a fantastic boot on him.

Surprised to see him end up playing Union for Otago then having to head to Wales for ESL.

Did his best for us and always sad to see a former soldier of the club retire...

Reactions: OMG

Marshthedarsh

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2012
I was very disappointed with the way we treated him. 2007 was a great season, and 2008 we went quite far. Was my favourite player for quite a while, but his hopes of becoming an All Black were a bit ridiculous. Glad he came back this year - but ahh well...

But it seemed the class of 2008 were pretty much shunned in 2009. Yes Stacey was there, but even Fieny got dumped. Glad he won a premiership though.

Just like with Steve Williams and Adam Scott, it's the ultimate "F you!!!"

Reactions: Defence

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Did Ropati get a send off at our last home game? I know he doesn't get much love around here, but its always sad to see a players career end due to injury. A great club man, and who can forget that amazing season where he filled in for us at fullback with his great strong runs from the back.

Reactions: frankspence

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Did Ropati get a send off at our last home game? I know he doesn't get much love around here, but its always sad to see a players career end due to injury. A great club man, and who can forget that amazing season where he filled in for us at fullback with his great strong runs from the back.
ShaunJohnson7 celebrated his career for him.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
I'll never forget Gene Ngamu costing us a game by missing right next to the sticks against the Bulldogs...

Stacey Jones cost us once as well. I think we were down 22-6 with about 10 to go and performed a massive comeback, at the Caketin against the Dogs, and Stace had a kick to win the game and missed a sitter. It ended up a draw, one of the most epic games. It was I think 2002, so I wonder where Ivan was, I'm guessing injured although he was very reliable.

Reactions: Defence

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Stacey Jones cost us once as well. I think we were down 22-6 with about 10 to go and performed a massive comeback, at the Caketin against the Dogs, and Stace had a kick to win the game and missed a sitter. It ended up a draw, one of the most epic games. It was I think 2002, so I wonder where Ivan was, I'm guessing injured although he was very reliable.
wasnt that game - i think it was anyway, the one where they came back in the last 10-15 mins being like 3 tries down? if it was it was before Ivan joined the team.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Yep. Made a small speech and got the standard signed framed jersey along with Carlos Tuimavave. He's got a job for life with the Warriors anyway.

They also acknowledged of Russell Packer, Pita Godinet and Kevin Locke...

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Damn that was impressive. That weight would be you pretty light headed and would be a pain to control on your back.

He used to be a winger right? He looks like he'd eat his old self for breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Damn that was impressive. That weight would be you pretty light headed and would be a pain to control on your back.

He used to be a winger right? He looks like he'd eat his old self for breakfast.
1006025_546087455427614_2040867866_n.jpg

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings