General What's in a nickname?

Ronnie_7_old

Just wondering how everyone got their forum names.
Some are obvious but others not so much.

Ronnie - My first name, Sherron, with the end cut off and -nie added on the end. One of a few nicknames I have, it actually started off with Ron.

7 - my favourite number

SeaEaglesWIN66-6

lol I made this name to annoy people, but mostly to stand out in a crowd

Last edited by a moderator:

Eule24_old

HEJ! :wave:

Eule (german word for owl- a nickname, grandmum gave me, because, everytime I get tired, I seem to look like an owl :sleep: 24, because that's my lucky-number!)

Greetz from Eule and mum (whose nickname is "atta", but I only call her mum LOL)

ToiletDuck_old

Just wondering how everyone got their forum names.
Some are obvious but others not so much.

Ronnie - My first name, Sherron, with the end cut off and -nie added on the end. One of a few nicknames I have, it actually started off with Ron.

7 - my favourite number

Haha...that's interesting, I was all but sure it was because you loved Cristiano Ronaldo (as he also wears the number 7 shirt..)

playdaball_old

My forum name is unique to RL - with a slight 'hip' touch i.e. - playdaball instead of play the ball.

I was close to running with a favourite players name. The choices were:

Fred Ah Koui
Olsen Filipania
Kurt Sorenson
Mark Graham

In the end I couldn't decide on which one to use.

blain91_old

last name blain, thats what most people call me anyway. or blaino. but i dunno with 91, petrol? lol

Northern_Union

Mines taken from the original name for rugby league when clubs of northern England broke away from the snobs of London and southern England. Joe Platt was the man we now have to thank for our wonderful game, it was he who took the 20 odd clubs away from the RFU and he who coined the name Nothern Union way back in 1895.

2big2strong_old

IIBLACKIISTRONG was a tattoo a close friend that passed had. I also associate it with the Kiwi's (jersey colour) and I suppose the colour of most of the players. So black relating to both jersey colour and to a lesser extent race, and strong relating to how dominant most of our players have been in a physicall sense over the years. Nothing to do with coffee or tea.

David Bragg_old

Somehow I cocked things up when I joined the forum and ended up with the name of a 1980s-1990s grass roots full back who like Wade Mackinnon was a mean stepper but was too lippy to referees.Ironically the subject is now a referee.

JonB_old

IIBLACKIISTRONG was a tattoo a close friend that passed had. I also associate it with the Kiwi's (jersey colour) and I suppose the colour of most of the players. So black relating to both jersey colour and to a lesser extent race, and strong relating to how dominant most of our players have been in a physicall sense over the years. Nothing to do with coffee or tea.

Not intending offense at all man but at first your name used to get me fired up. I thought of it as a form of racism to an extent, Im certainly not a 'white is right' type of guy of guy I just any form of racism whether agianst darkies, honkies or chinks ya know.....?
Doesn't bother me now, but I like the explanation you gave.

My name is Jon. B is for my last name.

In case anyone cared.

Lego_Man_old

Not intending offense at all man but at first your name used to get me fired up. I thought of it as a form of racism to an extent, Im certainly not a 'white is right' type of guy of guy I just any form of racism whether agianst darkies, honkies or chinks ya know.....?
Doesn't bother me now, but I like the explanation you gave.

My name is Jon. B is for my last name.

In case anyone cared.

I agree with you.

Imagine if someone else had as their handle "2White2Smart" or "White Power" or something. I'm pretty sure it would be frowned upon...

mrblonde_old

"mrblonde" from the movie "Reservoir Dogs". Figured I'd be OK unless a "mrorange" came along.