General What keeps you coming to this forum?

surfin

surfin

Just wondering what brings you here, obviously the Warriors is the starting point for joining, but once on here why do you stay?

For me personally the first league forum I was a member of was called OzLeague and I'm guessing that would have to be 15 or so years ago. That used to get pretty feral, so much so it simply got shut down one day, I think it may have been originally set up by one of the media organisations, possibly SMH, but it was almost one giant defamation post. Also had a poster called "Fairy Mary" that used to post all sorts of trippy shit, but virtually nothing about league.

Also spent a bit of time on OneTribe and the previous incantation of this site, LU occasionally plus the other teams forums particularly the week we're playing them.

Obviously there are some pretty interesting posters on here, MtW's inside info is always good to start a discussion, Play the Ball's grown up input and for me personally some of the more mischievous members like Miket12, LG, Freddie and jonno. Also noticed a lot of the newer members have really been putting up some pretty good content.

I also wonder about the non posting members, surely, especially if you have been here a while at some point you must want to say, "Mate, you are so full of shit" or when reading one of my gems, "You Sir are a genius." But since you don't post I suppose I'll die wondering. Not about my content of course, I know that's gold. That is proven by the fact so much of it is removed by the mods so not to make the rest of you jealous of my knowledge and talent.

fanrrior

fanrrior

The constant dejection caused by this team makes me feel better about my life. Something about misery loving company..

• Haha
Reactions: bruce
Miket12

Miket12

I came for surfin's building knowledge and stayed for the Bookie money...... soon I'll cash it in and retire!!!! If only I didn't keep betting on the Warriors!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and surfin
Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

My first foray into this site was interesting because there was a iron lion posting shit and I kept coming back to see if it was true then the rest is history! He's gone I'm still here! Just love the Warriors and good to get the jump on what's going on with the boys!

Reactions: surfin
surfin

surfin

Last time I looked he's still on Lu, but that's the kind of thing I meant, he copped some shit for his outrageous posts but it got you interested enough to keep you looking I suppose he served a purpose here other than just confirming the Foran, Matai and Watmough signings.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Stylez Davis

Stylez Davis

I needed somewhere to vent, mostly about J Ropati (on the old fourum) then stayed just to keep abreast of warriors goings on and news rumors and what not

Sup42

Sup42

You get information faster here than any sauce you care to name.

You hear things here that you wouldn't anywhere else.

On the whole, people are very generous with their time and their opinions, you can test an idea and get pretty rapid and thorough feedback.

Some of the cutting humor is sharp and you can have good laugh at yourself and some of your more daft ideas (Surfin, Lord Gnome, Charlie Bob Marley and Defence are some exponents of the art).

Not kissing ass here, butt, the Moderators are high caliber and so the culture of the place is sound (been told off a few times / had posts removed / all for good reason).

It takes some commitment to stick with Rugby league in NZ, it takes some stubbornness to stick with it.

Some of us don't like to quit.

That would be partly why the Warrior faithful are so critical of the team at times.

If you believe what you read there are different types of fans.

1) The Faithful. Stick with the team through and through, blind faith, no matter what.

2) Band wagon fans. There when the teams winning, gone when they are losing. Interestingly there are a lot of NRL fans in Aussie who like to Jump o the Warriors Wagon come finals time...the Warriors brand of football and WTF factor appeals to a diverse group of general rugby league fans.
One area where I think the forum could do better is members being more tolerant of visiting fans from other clubs (not talking trolls) I enjoy the banter, it would be good to have more fans come and debate stuff from the other clubs without the Clan pulling out the pitch forks as soon as someone from another club criticizes our lot. But hey, you can't have everything....I see a some Warrior fans are regular contributors to other NRL club forums come Warrior V their teams games, this is good thing.

3) Ex fans.

Around here you get to meet a fourth type of fan. Not quite blind faith....yet have never gone away.....prepared to talk about the Warriors warts and all....love to hate the Warriors sometimes....but ultimately they are an entitled bunch who believe supporters deserve better.

That group tends to be the lot that have the most to say.

That type make reading game day updates hugely entertaining.

Lastly there is a group of league followers who take an interest in the Warriors because they are the the local franchise....even though they may support another NRL team...they take an interest in the Warriors.

Often these people are a good source of impartial / informed opinions.

I stick around for all of it.

Plus I want to be here the day Manu plays his first game at prop.

surfin

surfin

You get information faster here than any sauce you care to name.

You hear things here that you wouldn't anywhere else.

On the whole, people are very generous with their time and their opinions, you can test an idea and get pretty rapid and thorough feedback.

Some of the cutting humor is sharp and you can have good laugh at yourself and some of your more daft ideas (Surfin, Lord Gnome, Charlie Bob Marley and Defence are some exponents of the art).

Not kissing ass here, butt, the Moderators are high caliber and so the culture of the place is sound (been told off a few times / had posts removed / all for good reason).

It takes some commitment to stick with Rugby league in NZ, it takes some stubbornness to stick with it.

Some of us don't like to quit.

That would be partly why the Warrior faithful are so critical of the team at times.

If you believe what you read there are different types of fans.

1) The Faithful. Stick with the team through and through, blind faith, no matter what.

2) Band wagon fans. There when the teams winning, gone when they are losing. Interestingly there are a lot of NRL fans in Aussie who like to Jump o the Warriors Wagon come finals time...the Warriors brand of football and WTF factor appeals to a diverse group of general rugby league fans.
One area where I think the forum could do better is members being more tolerant of visiting fans from other clubs (not talking trolls) I enjoy the banter, it would be good to have more fans come and debate stuff from the other clubs without the Clan pulling out the pitch forks as soon as someone from another club criticizes our lot. But hey, you can't have everything....I see a some Warrior fans are regular contributors to other NRL club forums come Warrior V their teams games, this is good thing.

3) Ex fans.

Around here you get to meet a fourth type of fan. Not quite blind faith....yet have never gone away.....prepared to talk about the Warriors warts and all....love to hate the Warriors sometimes....but ultimately they are an entitled bunch who believe supporters deserve better.

That group tends to be the lot that have the most to say.

That type make reading game day updates hugely entertaining.

Lastly there is a group of league followers who take an interest in the Warriors because they are the the local franchise....even though they may support another NRL team...they take an interest in the Warriors.

Often these people are a good source of impartial / informed opinions.

I stick around for all of it.

Plus I want to be here the day Manu plays his first game at prop.

Manu plays prop every game, just in the 5 jersey from the wing.

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Sup42
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I came because somebody told me to from the original incantation. I missed not arguing with Taj about Manu, he also seemed to have some good ideas, occasionally. It seemed like a safe place to learn about league and the team i had followed for years. Then i worked out i didnt need to spend as much time down at the local dungeon which saved me a lot of coin, however the missus misses using her whips like she used to. True the pain on here is a bit numbing at times, especially recently but hell it saves me a lot on bandages.

Reactions: Sup42
matiunz

matiunz

For me I like to have a place to talk shit with like minded fans,
Also love the insight from posters as well as the inside knowledge some posters have, I read/hear things here that I wouldn't have known otherwise.

The clincher is that despite some
disagreements this forum provides a very inclusive environment that posters from all backgrounds can come and talk about our mutual obsession. Hugely thankful to the amazing job all involved behind the scenes do to make this such a great site

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Good to test out theories on here, will write some stuff that is probably gibberish or contradicts what I wrote a week earlier, but people are pretty tolerant, rubbish arguments are ignored rather than insulted.

Makes you feel sane when other people see the same failures in the team, not the only one saying to yourself “try coming now” after a warrior does something utterly boneheaded.

Plus its just a well-run, good looking, easy to use site, would probably not get into LU even this place fell over, is rubbish in comparison.

The ‘ignore’ function really helps out with some who repeatedly post the same 1 sentence things using a lot of emojis, so even the annoying parts are out of sight out of mind.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I come here as its like alcoholics anonymous.
Hi may name is Chris and i have been addicted to this team for 2o plus years.
I at least have to see them once a week.

I started out on the new zealand rugby league web site that had a IRC chat room and guys at the game would post what was happening and we would get excited just reading about it. Then went to the first warriors forum. Sheesh didn't we have some battles there. People kept getting blocked off the site. It was like being in a bar. One dickhead would stand up and want to fight with the warriors supporters and then all the Warriors fans would unite and fight back.
Maybe thats why i drink so much these days... or it could just be cause of my team.

BUT I AM A WARRIORS FAN FOR LIFE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

I come here as its like alcoholics anonymous.
Hi may name is Chris and i have been addicted to this team for 2o plus years.
I at least have to see them once a week.

I started out on the new zealand rugby league web site that had a IRC chat room and guys at the game would post what was happening and we would get excited just reading about it. Then went to the first warriors forum. Sheesh didn't we have some battles there. People kept getting blocked off the site. It was like being in a bar. One dickhead would stand up and want to fight with the warriors supporters and then all the Warriors fans would unite and fight back.
Maybe thats why i drink so much these days... or it could just be cause of my team.

You stole my thunder haha. It's like therapy here. This is the only place that understands my tragic love for the Warriors. Everyone else thinks i'm a lunatic or blind.

Reactions: Navigator
Rotang

Rotang

I live in Australia.... I put up with alot of Banter about the Warriors.... and when we win.... no one talks to me.....

.....COS I'M RUBBING THEIR FACES IN IT PEW! PEW!

Morningside for life!

• Haha
snake77

snake77

I found this site after telling my work mate about a clip from Sterlo about the Bulldogs using tablets to get homework on their opposition for the week etc. This site came up while googling that. Didn't get the video just you lot talking about it.:mad:

Started browsing like I have done on other forums over the years. Found it interesting due it being about my team. Created an account as it wouldn't let me browse anymore so I decided to join and post. It helps that it's in my time zone which a lot of sites I've been on it seemed I'd never be on when the main discussions take place.

It also feels like you are watching the game with your mates some weeks. Or like round 1 when the team falls apart the banter can help ease the pain.

This site is pretty cool a lot more in depth discussions about the game than you would read on the comments section on the NZHerald or Stuff. Then some of the feral pitch fork sharpening can get amusing but you have to love everyone's passion.

I probably need to take a break during the off season to keep my sanity but that's when you guys keep my spirits up with how great everything's going.;)