Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
CHT is rated highly on this forum in the halves pecking order and maybe as someone able to make the switch to hooker.
He has had a year off. Has anyone seen him training or have inside knowledge that he will be as good or better than he was before he left?

He'll be the same player he's always been.

I think people are just hoping that Webby will somehow unlock some latent potential that was never really there to begin with.

Thats the problem with all of them when u start looking around though- if I was looking at players who might want to come to nz (basically guys who grew up here- i.e. kiwis who aren't eligible for origin) they're all signed long term..

Jfh
Tapine
Leota
Nas
Thompson
Taumalolo
Griffin
Bhu (off contract end of 2024)
Greig
Sipley
Whyte
Liu (off contract end of 2024)

Its not really good timing for us- so unless we can pull something out of the bag bhu might be the best bet.

I still see Taumalolo as a possibility if Payten wants to re-balance his squad. This type of situation is probably our best bet for marquee players.

I think two non-marquees is a better idea for our club with AFB's cash though.

I still see Taumalolo as a possibility if Payten wants to re-balance his squad. This type of situation is probably our best bet for marquee players.

I think two non-marquees is a better idea for our club with AFB's cash though.

I still see Taumalolo as a possibility if Payten wants to re-balance
I suggested Taumalolo a few weeks back.
Take over the contract from 2024, with the cowboys topping up what ever shortfall we'd have this year, but then we pay his full contract for its remainder.
Basically go all in for 2024 with JT and AFB up front.

That stuff article gives me the impression the club knows AFB departure is going to require a top shelf recruit.
Well we should hope so! If the club lets him go and all we get in return is a capewell or klemmer. I'll be fucked off. Addin was joint prop of the year. We want a Haas , Joey Tapine, Jfh , Fa'asuamaleaui in return. Or a Two for one deal. Taumalolo/Utoikamanu will do lol

Surely they're just talking about Capewell. Played 9 Origins before this year, I'm sure that more than qualifies him as a 'representative star' in the medias eyes haha.

Lose Capewell and the Broncos only have 2, maybe 3 second rowers, so I doubt it's him.

My first thought was the Cowboys because they have a ton of forward (especially second row) prospects squeezed into the team who will soon need upgrades, or the Roosters who re-signed JWH and Tupou when they weren't expecting to and this may have caused a squeeze.

Chances are this is one of those rumours that comes to nothing though or can later be claimed the second somebody signs with someone because RL in general is very vague on what constitutes a "star".

Back