General What google knows about you.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Meh… I followed the link and checked my ad settings and it’s pretty scatter gun. Some right but most wrong… I mean ‘woman’s issues’?
Click on the items to see why it thinks that. You may have searched for items such as that, or clicked on ads etc. Theres more info per item. But yeah it varies person to person.

Reactions: bruce
wizards rage

wizards rage

Click on the items to see why it thinks that. You may have searched for items such as that, or clicked on ads etc. Theres more info per item. But yeah it varies person to person.
I would say they had 40 interests right out of 101 that came up.

A lot of stuff I may have looked up once for a purpose but no real interest.

Some major ones right but some wrong like income, education, job industry.

Still amazing what they do know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
I would say they had 40 interests right out of 101 that came up.

Some major ones right but some wrong like income, education, career.

Still amazing what they do know!
Yes there would be some guesses based on algorithms there too. It's always getting better. Also remember whilst Google is large, the analysis is based on data from within its own network of sites.

10 years from now, things will have moved to a different level. This impacts everyone. Without trying to sound alarming, there are good and bad associated with this level of information.

Just wanted to hear thoughts on what others thought about Google knowing all this information about you. Facebook/twitter/ well all content driven site would fill in a lot of gaps that Google has.

Online, everyone's personal data and security around that is paramount.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Yes there would be some guesses based on algorithms there too. It's always getting better. Also remember whilst Google is large, the analysis is based on data from within its own network of sites.

10 years from now, things will have moved to a different level. This impacts everyone. Without trying to sound alarming, there are good and bad associated with this level of information.

Just wanted to hear thoughts on what others thought about Google knowing all this information about you. Facebook/twitter/ well all content driven site would fill in a lot of gaps that Google has.

Online, everyone's personal data and security around that is paramount.
Facebook got Britain out of Europe and Trump into the White House...just for starters.