General Week 1 Finals predictions

DanKokoro_old

Yeah I don't see an upset on the cards. There's way too much jizzing over the Titans going on. And other than Campbell and Meyers they appear full-strength - Prince isn't even a maybe, he's a definite.

The packed home crowd factor will be too much and they'll get the run of the decisions and the bounce of the ball. Also Friend usually destroys us from dummy half, esp when we're defending our line.

See it's this that concerns me the most and I'm not 100% sure we can play well enough to negate it. Once again we're not going to be getting any favours from the refs but i'm sure the Titans will get a few.

And yeah Friend normally owns us but we contained him well the last time we played the titans.. infact it was Rogers who owned us in that game.

I predict we'll get off to a good start again. We just have to not go in to another one of our mid-game lulls where we let the opposition coast back in to the game. We need to maintain full intensity for the full 80 if we're to sneak a win.

They've got a lot of players with niggling injuries (so do we i know), if we can bruise them early on and take the gas out of them then i reckon we can put some late points on them for teh win.

BTW just to clarify.. you don't see how we can win.. but you're going to the game..?

Lego_Man_old

BTW just to clarify.. you don't see how we can win.. but you're going to the game..?

You know, he hasnt answered anything i've said to him about the game this week. Judging by his history, this indicates that he's probably not going to the game, and is actually seeing some bitch instead. Just my gut feeling.

Which would be shit, since for Warriors finals games the normal rules dont apply, and thus not even Miss NZ takes priority over seeing the match.

Tajhay_old

That's rubbish mate. Pelim's are home city and the GF's in Sydney.

So if we got a home pelim final we could play at eden park

before you call what i said rubbish have a look at what you quoted. you questioned if we won and were the top 2 winners this round, and if that is the case we get next week off. The next game we play will be the major prelim final (top 4) and in that case the game will be in sydney.

Only this week and next week have 'home' games for higher ranked teams.

Lego_Man_old

More statistics:

(Source = skeepe from LU)

Most points conceded in a single game
1. Dragons - 32 (vs Raiders)
2. Raiders - 36 (vs Roosters, Storm)
= Titans - 36 (vs Knights)
4. Sea Eagles - 40 (vs Panthers)
5. Panthers - 43 (vs Tigers)
6. Tigers - 50 (vs Souths)
= Warriors - 50 (vs Tigers)
8. Roosters - 60 (vs Bulldogs)

Most points scored in a single game
1. Panthers - 54 (vs Souths)
2. Raiders - 52 (vs Knights)
3. Tigers - 50 (vs Warriors)
4. Warriors - 48 (vs Broncos)
= Roosters - 48 (vs Eels)
= Sea Eagles - 48 (vs Cronulla)
7. Titans - 38 (vs Panthers, Knights)
= Dragons - 38 (vs Sharks, Souths)

Average metres per game
1. Raiders 1416
2. Titans 1399
3. Dragons 1388
4. Panthers 1359
5. Tigers 1351
6. Sea Eagles 1340
7. Warriors 1315
8. Roosters 1290

Average missed tackles per game
1. Dragons 26
2. Tigers 31
3. Sea Eagles 32
4. Panthers 34
5. Roosters 35
= Warriors 35
7. Titans 36
= Raiders 36

Average tackle busts per game
1. Dragons 37
= Roosters 37
3. Tigers 36
4. Raiders 35
5. Warriors 34
= Sea Eagles 34
7. Titans 33
8. Panthers 30

Average line breaks per game
1. Roosters 5.2
2. Dragons 4.8
3. Raiders 4.7
= Tigers 4.7
5. Titans 4.3
6. Sea Eagles 4
7. Warriors 3.9
8. Panthers 3.8

Average completion rates
1. Dragons 79%
2. Sea Eagles 77%
3. Raiders 75%
= Tigers 75%
5. Panthers 74%
6. Titans 73%
= Warriors 73%
8. Roosters 72%

Average tries scored per game
1. Panthers 4.62
2. Tigers 4.08
= Roosters 4.08
4. Warriors 3.92
5. Sea Eagles 3.88
6. Dragons 3.75
7. Raiders 3.67
= Titans 3.67

Average tries conceded per game
1. Dragons 2.17
2. Tigers 3.02
3. Panthers 3.46
4. Warriors 3.5
5. Titans 3.54
6. Raiders 3.67
= Sea Eagles 3.67
8. Roosters 3.75

Average points scored per game
1. Panthers 26.88
2. Roosters 23.29
3. Sea Eagles 22.71
4. Warriors 22.46
5. Tigers 22.38
6. Titans 21.67
7. Dragons 21.58
8. Raiders 20.79

Average points conceded per game
1. Dragons 12.46
2. Warriors 20.25
3. Panthers 20.38
4. Tigers 20.46
5. Raiders 20.57
6. Titans 20.75
7. Roosters 21.25
= Sea Eagles 21.25

gREVUS_old

the wonderful thing about stats is that they can be used to prove any argument, from which team is in form to which team has the best looking biceps. the stats he is quoting are for the entire season, they show how rocky things were at the start, they dont show the improvements made or the current stand out form of any team today

warriors4life_old

Geez, the Dragons have ridiculously good defence. I know their attack is pretty average but just over 2 tries conceded per game is awesome.

sebastian_old

Damn I think we're being underestimated, we're in good form end of story. Our form going into the finals is we've won our last 4/5 or our last 9/12. Now thats damn fine recent form, regardless of how we went earlier in the year. I'm confident we'll beat the Titans, our form line is on the up, which is how you want it at this time of year.

ToiletDuck_old

You know, he hasnt answered anything i've said to him about the game this week. Judging by his history, this indicates that he's probably not going to the game, and is actually seeing some bitch instead. Just my gut feeling.

Which would be shit, since for Warriors finals games the normal rules dont apply, and thus not even Miss NZ takes priority over seeing the match.

Hahah wtf, since when have I avoided questions about the game?

I am not going to the game any longer. I did not realise when I made that call that i was on call until mid evening sooo goodbye Skilled Park.

I most certainly am not going on a random date. Paul's coming over and we're going to get wasted and watch on the 58 incher. It's no NZwarriors wankfest that'll be going on in Sandringham...but it's a start.