General Webb's future with the Warriors

Swanley_old

On a different note, the Warriors may soon become a bit like the bunnies, no one wanting to sign for them.

this makes signing brett webb very important

Kav_old

STRIDER said:
Kav I think Webb has strengthened some areas of his game and is a better rounded player now. But I actually dont think Webb is highly creative. A guy like sione would have to be the most creative in the team.

I would pick Webb at hooker because it would create a better roll on for the halves to take advantage of with him darting out of the line with his speed to grab a quick 10-15-20 metres. I still questions his vision on attack and I couldnt see him running the show from no 6.

I know there have been small damaging no 6's like Preston Campbell, but you cant compare Cambell and Webb. Cambell can literaly shred a team apart with agility and super express pace. I do feel a good number 6 is a solid lock type such as a Brad Fittler, Laurie Dailey, Trent Barret etc. Eveb though a player like Jonathan thurston is an exception to the rule, he does read a game brilliantly.

Webb with his pace and the fact he can bench apparently 170 kg could have the mixture of strength and speed required to stregthen up the ruck area defense even more. While getting his hands on the ball more and showing more creativity than he does returning the ball from the back.

You make a good argument, Strider. However, what I have seen of Brent in the stand off role (mainly for the Kiwis) has convinced me that he has the composure, skills and ceativity essential in that position (I also think Sione lacks those elements in his game and relies on instinct and power).
It comes down to getting best value out of the Brent Webb so may be Ivan needs to experiment (he has got nothing to lose and obviously plenty to gain).

Kav

STRIDER_old

Yeah I agree with you there Kav, I wouldnt be against trying him you never know.