General Webb, Anyone know

MarkW_old

Yes, I believe the quota of overseas players .. ie. non EU passport holders is 3 for all Super League clubs except Les Catalans. The Dragons restrictions are for no more than 8 non-French qualified players.

Beckah_old

I have decided that if they dont resign Brent I am not sure that I will continue to support the Warriors. The truth is that for the past 2 seasons Webb has been the most consistant player in most cases the only consistant full time on the feild player, this allowing that both Price and Wiki are consistant players but not full 40 players. The fans want Webb to stay, it would be better for the team and shows that they appreciate a players contribution rather then the name and the ledgend of the player.

Dont get me wrong tho guys, I love my team but I have noticed that more and more the management are buying good players from outside of New Zealand and they are great players ALONE for THEMSELVES the TEAM atmosphere is becoming a thing of old and individual achievement more apparent.

warriors4life_old

Warrior_Hot_Stepper said:
i will be very disapointed if they dont resign webb, he has been the most consistant player all season(say i if you agree), they better get there act together and resign him for what he wants, he desereves it.

Yeah, along with Pricey Webb has been the Warriors' most consistent player this year.

Skinny_Ravs82

Beckah said:
I have decided that if they dont resign Brent I am not sure that I will continue to support the Warriors. The truth is that for the past 2 seasons Webb has been the most consistant player in most cases the only consistant full time on the feild player, this allowing that both Price and Wiki are consistant players but not full 40 players. The fans want Webb to stay, it would be better for the team and shows that they appreciate a players contribution rather then the name and the ledgend of the player.

Dont get me wrong tho guys, I love my team but I have noticed that more and more the management are buying good players from outside of New Zealand and they are great players ALONE for THEMSELVES the TEAM atmosphere is becoming a thing of old and individual achievement more apparent.

I'm sitting on the fence for your post Bekah.
I don't think individual players just make up a team. While I will be seemingly sad to see him go it's just a matter of how sports is these days. Money that is the big and most frustrating issue of it all.
I will still follow and see his progress whereever he goes to but I wouldn't hold anything against him/his manager/ or the club. It is just business in the end and when that's the heart of the matter not everything goes the way you want it to.

I agree that it's a bugger that we are still buying players outside of NZ because that won't be a long term answer; but perhaps they aren't looking for the long term answers you fix what you can for now and have others to keep for the future. I know that doesn't make any sense at the moment. What I am trying to say is that we will be picking up on the NZ players alot just right now we haven't got too much to grab yet.

If the same situation happenes with Ravs (for an example) that they aren't going to keep him after his contract it would have bothered me no doubt but I'd always support the Warriors and Grant whrever he was to go to.

Beckah_old

I think your missing my point skinny, I cannot understand why with a country of 4 million people management cannot make a team. I cannot understand why the most consistant player on the team does not have his contract renewed and I cannot understand why we buy BIG names from Australian teams when Im sure it would be easier to keep players that the fans are happy with.

In short, why bother!

Skinny_Ravs82

Short answer

MONEY

Look I respect what you think about the situation but it's not something that we have a say over. If you wanna drop your support for them it's up to you.

fiamacho_old

Webb needs to be resigned, he is definitely the most consistant player over the last few seasons especially through the Clubs dark days.

MarkW_old

Beckah said:
I think your missing my point skinny, I cannot understand why with a country of 4 million people management cannot make a team. I cannot understand why the most consistant player on the team does not have his contract renewed and I cannot understand why we buy BIG names from Australian teams when Im sure it would be easier to keep players that the fans are happy with.

In short, why bother!

Bekah, it comes down to economics pure and simple, I believe.
The current management have had to pretty much rework the salary structure within the club thanks largely IMO to Mick and Co. They threw too much money at Price and Wiki to lure them over here - and now the current management are legally obliged to honor the contracts at 400k a pop. Brent was overpriced by Mick and Co. when his last contract came up. With a contract of 250k plus cap breaching extras (flights for his manager/trips to Oz etc) he was doing quite nicely, thanks.
Fast forward to today and the club is approx. 400 something thousand poorer thanks to the salary breach and still tied up with Price and Wiki. The club just can't afford Webb now - especially when you consider they have had to upgrade other players contracts who would have been on much less.
It sucks for all Webby fans, but that's professional sports for ya :(